Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

andysol

My way too early hot take regarding MK:

1) Cars wasn’t my top pick but the fact it’s going to be unique and not RSR or radiator springs is actually refreshing- and 2 new attractions.
2) Villains- awesome- and 2 new attractions

So 4 added attractions + shops and areas. NOT replacements. Praise the Lord.
I’ll take both of those over a Tomorrowland refurb and replacements (though needed still).

3) Would have liked to have seen moana area- perfect fit; but she’s an evergreen property so they can push that out to next D23

4) For the love of God please give MK a show. A true theater show. Find a way to fix the foundation. Spend the money and get your most popular park in the world an honest to goodness world class show. Every castle park in the world has a world class theater and show except MK.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
All of you non-believers to Josh and Bob right now.

View attachment 808082
There’s literallly just no pleasing some people.

MK Night Parade

VILLAINS LAND AT MK as Phase II. The fact we’re even getting just 1 phase is a big deal.

Monsters Inc. Lans with the DOOR COASTER.

Coco Boat Ride.

Avengers E-ticket + small scaled ride for capacity.

Cars Land (not even a clone).

Indiana Jones Adventure & an Encanto Ride becoming part of a new actually thematically-integrated land (replacing Disney’s worst).

And that’s just at the American Parks.

100% expect additional announcement at future D23s/over the years relating to things such as Inside Out, Lion King, Moana, Frozen, and more.

Eventually, reality will catch up to you,

Things have changed at the company. The future is bright.

Last edited:

SplashJacket

D23 Announcement Budgets Tallied

• DCA ~$1.6 Bil
  • Avengers E-Ticket and B-Ticket ~ 500 Mil
  • Coco Ride ~ 300 Mil

• DHS ~$600 Mil
  • Monsters Inc Land ~ 600 Mil
  • DAK ~$800 Mil
  • Indy Ride ~ 200 Mil
  • Encanto Ride ~ 400 Mil
  • Land & Carrousel ~ 200 Mil

• MK ~$2.5 Bil
  • Villains Land (2 E-Tickets) ~ 1.5 Bil
  • Cars Land / TSI Reconfig ~ 950 Mil
  • Night Parade ~ 50 Mil

• SDL ~$500 Mil
  • Spider-Man Coaster/Land ~ 500 Mil

• HKDL ~$500 Mil
  • Spider-Man Dr. Octopus Tower of Terror ~ 500 Mil

• DLP ~$700 Mil
  • Lion King Land and Log Flume ~ 600
  • Lake Show ~ 100 million

• DCL ~$5 Bil
  • 4 New Cruise Ships

~$12.2 BILLION total in announcements tonight

necott99

There’s literallly just no pleasing some people.

MK Night Parade

VILLAINS LAND AT MK as Phase II. The fact we’re even getting just 1 phase is a big deal.

Coco Boat Ride

Avengers E-ticket + small scaled ride for capacity.

Cars Land (not even a clone).

Indiana Jones Adventure & an Encanto Ride becoming part of a new actually thematically-integrated land (replacing Disney’s worst).

And that’s just at the American Parks.

100% expect additional announcement at future D23s/over the years relating to things such as Inside Out, Lion King, Moana, Frozen, and more.

Eventually, reality will catch up to you,

Things have changed at the company. The future is bright,
This is all mostly fine, truthfully, and exciting. But where is Figment? Why can’t they spare some of that sweet $60 bill to fix something we’ve been drooling over for 20+ years?

Tha Realest

You could argue that a DLR vacation experience equals or comes close to what you get at WDW’s four parks.

After they complete all those DCA buildouts? I don’t think it’ll be close.

wdwfan4ver

I think an insider said they are concerned with epic universe phase 2. So if they open all of this within the next 5 years I think they'd be combating universal very well.
There is another thing with Universal that could a threat to Disney. There are rumors of at least 2 of things coming to USF. I am referring Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit closing down for good for a new coaster and Simpsons land being replaced by Pokemon. Pokemon is a huge IP.
You think they announced 2027 without the intention of speeding it up and getting it done?
People have right to be skeptic.

Disney has a terrible track record for building speed and how long it took them to finish Epcot Projects didn't help matters. I know Covid slowed down contraction, but it was going to be slow anyway.

Last edited:

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
I'd be genuinely shocked if that happens. Unless they're rolling crew out within the next few weeks I'll have a hard time seeing it right now.
So 2027 is 3 years away. Encanto attraction is going on flat land with not to much to bulldozer and the rest of the Tropical Americas is a re-skin which they could start some production off site and then slap it on existing. IF... and a big if, they throw money at the construction company, they could finish this by end of 2027

the_rich

There is another thing with Universal that could a threat to Disney. There are rumors of at least 2 of things coming to USF. I am referring Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit closing down for good for a new coaster and Simpsons land being replaced by Pokemon. Pokemon is a huge IP.

People have right to be skeptic.

Disney has a terrible track record for building speed and how long it took them to finish Epic Projects didn't help matters. I know Covid slowed down contraction, but it was going to be slow anyway.
Doesn't mean they can't speed it up now that they have a reason to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom