Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I dunno... I'd argue of all the Disney parks, WDW needs the most help. There's a huge compounding effect with all the hotel rooms and restaurants on property that makes any drop in attendance significantly more painful at WDW than just about any other Disney property.
DLP also definitely needs help too. Especially since the main park there hasn't been a new ride added in I want to say almost 20 years.

The Leader of the Club

Possibility everyone is forgetting is Disney characters being added to Small World.

We’ll definitely hear about Tokyo’s Marvel overlay, but I think it’s possible Florida gets the Disney character overlay most of the other parks have.
I think WDW and DLP get those before the decade is out, but I also feel like that’s a Destination D23 announcement rather than a Honda Center announcement. I could be wrong though.

IveBeenJack

Not sure source for the rumor but DSNY based on on something he heard, not just made up - but things can be a bit of an echo chamber so hard to tell where things start and if same made up thing just cycled

Personally I like Villains better there than in MK as MK/Fantasyland includes the full story with the villains - like Gaston's Tavern already there, Captain Hook already in Peter Pan ... Just feels like don't need the Villains there and in their own place

Whatever they do, hope it is creative and immersive and not just a single IP
On Frontierland and BBTM:

As currently executed, FL is by far the most restrictive of the four "big" MK lands. With a relatively minor tweak of style and storytelling, this area could be recast as a celebration of the natural beauty and ethos of this region. By focusing on a more natural setting for BBTM, you can help preserve the heart and vibe of FL.

On Villiand Land / Dark Kingdom:

There is without a doubt great concept work happening here. My biggest hesitation is that - no matter what they're able to fund and deliver - this project will struggle to live up to expectations, as it's taken on a mythos of it's own. I'll happily be proven wrong, but I see some of these concepts making it to a DHS expansion - perhaps one with a transportative device that allows it to be fully indoors.
When discussing the rumour of Animation Courtyard receiving an eventual expansion, I mentioned that an indoor version of Villains land has been considered for DHS, as sourced from @PREMiERdrum. I don't think it's likely, but I'm a fan of the concept of an indoor Villains land. As I feel Villains Land would benefit from perpetual nighttime and Hollywood Studios desperately needs a BIG air-conditioned/shaded area. Hope this clears it up. :)

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Lion King is celebrating 30 years this year and will celebrate 30 years on Broadway (as one of the most successful Broadway shows of all time) in 2027 (three years is perfect timing for a ride opening if they get started right away, right?) Mufasa opens in theater in December and the 2019 release of Lion King celebrated 5 years this year. Mark Henn (animator for Simba in the original movie) is being inducted as a Disney Legend this year. We all know how much Disney likes their synergies.... seems like a great time to announce a new Lion King ride/land coupled with a "rousing" rendition of some Lion King song performed live (preferably not by North West).

BrianLo

Since they actually have many projects to show this year, I think we'll have a good structure with a 'one more thing' capping off the presentation.

Structurally, we'll go WDW (starting with Tropical Americas), DCL, other experiences, Paris, Shanghai, Hong Kong's Shared Marvel attraction into DLR, Bluesky (which I think will be Disneyland Forward related this go around and segue nicely from the Disneyland portion).

Then cap it at "one more thing".

It has to be something the audience will clearly react well to and hasn't been shown off publicly. I think the most likely candidate for that might be Lion King for Paris and Animal Kingdom. Other options would be Frozen in Disneyland if that is a thing. Alternatively, it is something completely unknown to us, or maybe the DHS project if it is ready to be shown off in a fuller sense.

The real mic drop one more thing would be People mover or Imagination. But I'm beyond skeptical either of those are committed to. Of the things probably committed to I swing back to Lion King.

BrianLo

There is (obviously) so much focus on the parks themselves. I know Josh said that the announcements aren’t only for MK and DAK. Most will then automatically pivot to Epcot and DHS.

I wonder what, if any, announcements there will be for: a new resort, new DVC, new Disney Springs, or and new transportation updates (new buses, Skyliner expansion, agreement with Sunrail, etc.). These are typically not as exciting but it fills out the project roster more.

Timing wise DVC is in a weird place. There is a surplus of inventory with the rapid fire openings of VGF2 (sold), VDH, CFW and Poly Tower. The next most likely thing to sell out will be Riviera and that isn't really likely until 2027 if the pessimists are to be believed or 2026 if sales maintain.

All of which is to say there is about zero pressure to have something new until 2027 or maybe even 2028, depending on how desperately they need a Riviera alternative. Poly inventory should last until 2028. So DVC may actually have little to say this go around. Even the Poly Tower there's only like a detail or two worth mentioning (dining).

J4546

you could put carsland in dh if you got rid of/relocated muppets, also would only have 1 way in and out instead of 3.

Attachments

• dhscars.jpg
    dhscars.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 48

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom