Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Sneakman

There’s the one individual on Facebook who is in probably 50 or so different Disney groups and everyday they make posts from the perspective of the ants about how they don’t want Disney to get rid of the Bugs Life. It’s wild but also incredibly entertaining.
I look at that lady and I think “is that what we all sound like?”

JD80

I think we'll get a collection of Blue Sky and Projects for each park.

Magic Kingdom
  1. New BTM effects
  2. Beyond BTM plans/concept art/subject matter
  3. Beyond BTM phase 2 Blue Sky
  4. Moana (this is probably the thing that gets pull 20m before the presentation goes live)
  5. Night Time Parade
Animal Kingdom
  1. Tropic Americas detailed plans - models etc.
  2. Tree of Life update
  3. Blue Sky new attraction (Lion King ride if anything)
  4. Night Time Entertainment Blue Sky or vague mention
Hollywood Studios
  1. Animation Courtyard Blue Sky
  2. Entertainment Concept
  3. Starcruiser Blue Sky
EPCOT
  1. Test Track talking points/concept art
  2. Soarin Update
  3. Encanto Show future update
  4. Imagination Pavilion and/or WoL Blue Sky

flyerjab

There is (obviously) so much focus on the parks themselves. I know Josh said that the announcements aren’t only for MK and DAK. Most will then automatically pivot to Epcot and DHS.

I wonder what, if any, announcements there will be for: a new resort, new DVC, new Disney Springs, or and new transportation updates (new buses, Skyliner expansion, agreement with Sunrail, etc.). These are typically not as exciting but it fills out the project roster more.

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
There’s the one individual on Facebook who is in probably 50 or so different Disney groups and everyday they make posts from the perspective of the ants about how they don’t want Disney to get rid of the Bugs Life. It’s wild but also incredibly entertaining.
I think we’re talking about the same person. She’s always like “Flick wants to keep his home in the Tree of Life and wants to be a common meet and greet character!”

JD80

There is (obviously) so much focus on the parks themselves. I know Josh said that the announcements aren’t only for MK and DAK. Most will then automatically pivot to Epcot and DHS.

I wonder what, if any, announcements there will be for: a new resort, new DVC, new Disney Springs, or and new transportation updates (new buses, Skyliner expansion, agreement with Sunrail, etc.). These are typically not as exciting but it fills out the project roster more.

Oh we'll get a new Poly Tower update to promote it's opening in December. I doubt we'll get any other resort announcement though. Unless they're ready to use the Reflections space.

I think the "filler" announcements will be heavy on entertainment and streetmosphere stuff. I don't think we'll get any major infrastructure announcements. I can see an announcement for more drones at Disney Springs.

Sneakman

My predictions:
MK:
Big Thunder Update
Beyond Big Thunder Update’s for phase 1 and Blue sky for the acursed Disney phase two of beyond big thunder
Maybe Moana
Maybe nighttime parade
EPCOT:
Test Track Details
Encanto show update
Possible Figment and inside out imagination update
OR
WOL blue sky
(Both are kidna unlikely this year but it s one or the other and the possibility is open)
DHS:
animation courtyard blue sky
update on little mermaid show.
Some small entertainment
DAK:
Tropical americas
Zootopia 3D
Hint at nighttime ent.
Maybe a lion king but I’m not feeling that one this year.
WILDCARD SMALLER ANNOUCMENTS (aka random guesses)
COP update
New scenes in peoplemover
Buzz retheme
Adventureland treehouse comes to MK
“We’re building two” country bear edition (DCA)

Last edited:

FN2BFRE

Adding my final predictions in, plus a random wild card guess for each park just for fun. Hoping for a good panel!

MK
- Beyond Big Thunder phase 1 (assuming it's mainly Coco)
- Beyond Big Thunder phase 2 bluesky, but more solidified bluesky; a more defined theme/layout, but maybe not attraction specifics yet
- Big Thunder explosive finale
- Moana boat ride
- Night parade news? (not very confident in this one)
- WILD CARD: A new, Horizons-inspired/referencing finale for CoP, with the characters from that attraction making an appearance at a family reunion in Nova Cite.

EPCOT
- Test Track 3.0 details, opening season
- Inside Out in Magic Eye, maybe a tiny Imagination 4.0 tease to go with it? (also not super confident in this one)
- WILD CARD: SSE refresh with new descent OR WoL bluesky (both very doubtful)

DHS
- Animation Courtyard bluesky
- WILD CARD: SWGE table service dinner show featuring the singer from the Starcruiser

DAK
- Tropical Americas details: attractions, opening season, etc.
- Lion King flume ride
- Zootopia Tree of Life show details OR other replacement show for that space
- WILD CARD: New attraction in Pandora tying into The Way of Water

Very lofty predictions, and obviously I doubt all (or at least many) of these will end up happening, but we will see...

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
D23 has to have more for other parks. They can’t just make it: a salute to all resorts, but mostly Walt Disney World (though I would love it). I wonder what they have for the others.

I dunno... I'd argue of all the Disney parks, WDW needs the most help. There's a huge compounding effect with all the hotel rooms and restaurants on property that makes any drop in attendance significantly more painful at WDW than just about any other Disney property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom