Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
My final predictions…

Magic Kingdom
- Moana attraction in Adventureland
- A theme given for Beyond Big Thunder - Phase 1 (Coco, hopefully)
- Beyond Big Thunder - Phase 2 theme teased (it probably won’t happen)
- A new nightime parade (I really hope this does pan out)
Epcot
- Test Track 3.0 details
- Wild card: Something Inside Out and/or Figment
Animal Kingdom
- Tropical Americas details
- Lion King attraction in Africa
- Zootopia in the Tree of Life details (if this hasn’t been canceled)
I definitely think the Flick lady on Instagram convinced Disney to keep Bugs in ToL

Sneakman

That is my thinking too - they give a lot more detail to things "Blue Sky'd" in the past and have a new blue sky for DHS
What do you think goes in DHS anyway? Zootopia? Villians? Something completely different? Before tropical America’s, I would’ve thought it would be Indiana jones, or something

The Leader of the Club

My final predictions…

Magic Kingdom
- Moana attraction in Adventureland
- A theme given for Beyond Big Thunder - Phase 1 (Coco, hopefully)
- Beyond Big Thunder - Phase 2 theme teased (it probably won’t happen)
- A new nightime parade (I really hope this does pan out)
Epcot
- Test Track 3.0 details
- Wild card: Something Inside Out and/or Figment
Animal Kingdom
- Tropical Americas details
- Lion King attraction in Africa
- Zootopia in the Tree of Life details (if this hasn’t been canceled)
I like this list. Add some DHS blue sky and some surprise smaller announcements (characters in Small World, new finales for COP & BTMRR, a few M&Gs) and we have the basis for a really solid panel.

TheMaxRebo

What do you think goes in DHS anyway? Zootopia? Villians? Something completely different?

My hope is villains - I think the rumor of an enclosed place that is perpetually night time there would be great

Plus would let them do a Halloween event there like they are doing with Jollywood Nights - so a little more geared to adults but not full on HHN

If not that, expanding on Pixar or just animation in general would make sense

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
What do you think goes in DHS anyway? Zootopia? Villians? Something completely different? Before tropical America’s, I would’ve thought it would be Indiana jones, or something
Probably villains. I also wouldn’t be surprised if they did Pixar and had that extend into RNRC for its retheme, since McQueen’s is right there.

TheMaxRebo

Is that an actual rumor? I thought it was just a blue sky by DSNY? It’s a damn shame it probably won’t go in mk, but I get it. Don’t want alien encounter again. Is villains still alive?

Not sure source for the rumor but DSNY based on on something he heard, not just made up - but things can be a bit of an echo chamber so hard to tell where things start and if same made up thing just cycled

Personally I like Villains better there than in MK as MK/Fantasyland includes the full story with the villains - like Gaston's Tavern already there, Captain Hook already in Peter Pan ... Just feels like don't need the Villains there and in their own place

Whatever they do, hope it is creative and immersive and not just a single IP

Sneakman

Not sure source for the rumor but DSNY based on on something he heard, not just made up - but things can be a bit of an echo chamber so hard to tell where things start and if same made up thing just cycled

Personally I like Villains better there than in MK as MK/Fantasyland includes the full story with the villains - like Gaston's Tavern already there, Captain Hook already in Peter Pan ... Just feels like don't need the Villains there and in their own place

Whatever they do, hope it is creative and immersive and not just a single IP
I feel like dhs would be villains audience, and would help the park not just be “Star Wars and the tower of terror” to some people.

Sneakman

Also a minor thing but I would love if Disney added some partners esque statues for the creators of some other Disney company characters in DHS. Maybe on benches around the front of the park? George Lucas and a Star Wars character, Jim Henson and Kermit, that Walt and Mickey statue from DCA, and maybe Stan Lee if they legally can? I wish they could also add a trolley like in DCA, and maybe car toon spin somewhere as a small addition.

KingMickey13

Exactly my prediction, but adding in the Explosive Finale for BTMRR for good measure could be a possibility.
I’ll add that to the list because it’s a reliable rumor. I just completely forgot about it.
I like this list. Add some DHS blue sky and some surprise smaller announcements (characters in Small World, new finales for COP & BTMRR, a few M&Gs) and we have the basis for a really solid panel.
Until I saw the Parks Panel poster, I wasn't expecting anything for DHS. Since the potential Animation Courtyard replacement hasn't had a rumored IP attached to it, I can see it being the most bluesky announcement at this year's panel. A bit like 2022 announcing Dinoland would be replaced at some point but they weren't sure what theme
I expect an Animation Courtyard bluesky.
Thank you. I’ll add the blue sky to the list also.
I definitely think the Flick lady on Instagram convinced Disney to keep Bugs in ToL
There’s the one individual on Facebook who is in probably 50 or so different Disney groups and everyday they make posts from the perspective of the ants about how they don’t want Disney to get rid of the Bugs Life. It’s wild but also incredibly entertaining.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom