Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Gusey

Announcements really only come out of the Parks Presentation, not other Panels right? Unless that Panel is after the Parks Presentation.
Major announcements don't usually, although you may get some teases. The S.E.A. panel from 2022 teased additions to DLP (still haven't happened) and last year's Epcot panel at Destination D23 announced Soarin' Over California coming back to Epcot.
The Imagineering Exhibit on the show floor usually has some announcements, like Journey of Water in 2019, then the posters for Festival Center and Mary Poppins being unveiled after the panel

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Is the park panel main one live streamed this year?
I don't think they said anything about that yet, but the past three d23 events have been live streamed. I'm hesitate that they will this year cause it's at the Honda center so might want to keep an exclusive thing, but either way I'm sure someone will be live streaming in there if not and we'll know of the announcements as they come out.

peng

The parks and legends panels are traditionally streamed, so the parks panel will probably be livestreamed. The film panel is never streamed, only a handful of the rest usually aren't, though they allow filming of the others.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
The parks and legends panels are traditionally streamed, so the parks panel will probably be livestreamed. The film panel is never streamed, only a handful of the rest usually aren't, though they allow filming of the others.
The only reason I could see them not live streaming it is because of doing it at the Honda center and they might want to make it exclusive to people actually attending d23.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Funny how hot and bothered everyone is getting from the presentation name. Did Disney really not think about this ahead of time? Or was it intentional? 🤔
Disney doesn't care.

They have and will continue to use defunct attractions in their merchandising as part of the history of the park.

Perhaps they think that the people who see this as a dagger to the heart are overreacting and they've decided not to alter their multi-million dollar advertising budget around such people so as not to have to 'walk on eggshells' all the time.

Also, it is not *everyone* who is getting hot and bothered about this. More than likely, the vast majority of consumers of Disney's content and experiences don't really care. Just a self-selected small group of uber-fans on a forum. A few dozen people posting on a website is a drop in the bucket compared to the hundreds of millions of Disney consumers.

bwr827

There's nothing in the Uni's Simpson's ride that was anti-family.

Don't know why people think it's not suitable for a Disney park.
It just doesn’t feel like Disney, to me. The snark, the uglier bits, etc.

I grew up loving The Simpsons, but I don’t see it fitting.

Self-reflection: oh no, I’m beginning to sound like one of the forum people. :p

rd805

That ship sailed with Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Avatar…
Star Wars and Indiana Jones "are" Disney to me -- probably because of growing up with HS and DL...they were already there. Avatar at least made sense with the theme of the movie, the visuals, etc.

I like both Futurama and Simpsons IP -- they are fine, but they are getting dated / losing steam, and a little too "corky" for WDW? Futurama is a bit more adult nowadays than Simpsons, but it just doesn't fit IMO. Simpsons fit at Uni, and honestly -- it should just be left alone after it's closed there. Nobody is knocking down the doors for anything Simpsons related.

Other Fox properties i could see a tie in - Ice Age or even Rio for instance, but these are way past their prime & not great fits.

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
Wrong ship - that ship sailed with Guardians of the Galaxy.
People like those movies. Disney owns those movies. They belong.

A reminder to the good people of the forums that NOT EVERYTHING IS FOR YOU!

If you don’t like Guardians, great. More power to you. But the people who aren’t park nerds are going to expect certain characters when they go to DISNEY world. And right now, whether we like it or not, those characters are Anna, Star-Lord, and Joy.

doctornick

I don't think they said anything about that yet, but the past three d23 events have been live streamed. I'm hesitate that they will this year cause it's at the Honda center so might want to keep an exclusive thing, but either way I'm sure someone will be live streaming in there if not and we'll know of the announcements as they come out.
I thought they said that it will be featured on D+ though I don’t know if that’s a recording or live.

KingMickey13

My final predictions…

Magic Kingdom
- Moana attraction in Adventureland
- Big Thunder refurb/upgrade
- A theme given for Beyond Big Thunder - Phase 1 (Coco, hopefully)
- Beyond Big Thunder - Phase 2 theme teased (it probably won’t happen)
- A new nightime parade (I really hope this does pan out)
Epcot
- Test Track 3.0 details
- Wild card: Something Inside Out and/or Figment
Hollywood Studios
- Something blue-sky at Animation Courtyard
Animal Kingdom
- Tropical Americas details
- Lion King attraction in Africa
- Zootopia in the Tree of Life details (if this hasn’t been canceled)

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

My final predictions…

Magic Kingdom
Epcot
- Test Track 3.0 details
Animal Kingdom
Exactly my prediction, but adding in the Explosive Finale for BTMRR for good measure could be a possibility.

Moth

My final predictions…

Magic Kingdom
Epcot
- Test Track 3.0 details
Animal Kingdom

I like this card. Might want to add something bluesky for DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom