Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Moth

I'm going to be real here and say that the only thing that would unify park fans is an Imagination 4 that wasn't playing around and understands the goal.

It's just hard to be excited when insiders say "this is gonna be an amazing panel for park fans" but
a) everyone wants something different for the parks
b) we've had insiders say that the last few years and the focus of this website (wdw) has basically gotten a hypothetical situation

At this point it's a 'fool me once' situation. Sink your hopes to the bottom and never be disappointed. Personally all I want is Test Track news.

Nickm2022

I will say, while I don't think they would, I could see them actually announce New Tomorrowland for DL. Just because while Disneyland forward has been approved, it's going to take a while to do the infilstructure work (ie moving security, eastern gateway, etc) before they can build anything new for the theme parks. Plus they claim to be "turbocharging" investment and all we have heard about is an Avengers ride and a possible Avatar thing (that won't be built for 5+ years). So I could see them wanting something new to open at Disneyland that would be open and be able to advertise before the 2028 Olympic Games. Again this is just wishful thinking, knowing them they won't do it until 2040 and budget cut it down to just new paint.

My only hope for D23 is Tropical Americas, and that for the love of God they don't do Zootopia or Cars in BBTM and please announce they'll eventually do villains.

bmr1591

I'm going to be real here and say that the only thing that would unify park fans is an Imagination 4 that wasn't playing around and understands the goal.

It's just hard to be excited when insiders say "this is gonna be an amazing panel for park fans" but
a) everyone wants something different for the parks
b) we've had insiders say that the last few years and the focus of this website (wdw) has basically gotten a hypothetical situation

At this point it's a 'fool me once' situation. Sink your hopes to the bottom and never be disappointed. Personally all I want is Test Track news.

I don’t recall insiders saying D23 would be great any of the past few years. Most have been highly skeptical heading into the events.

Homemade Imagineering

Definitely a great year for announcements. Rehearsal for the presentation is well underway and it’s going to be filled with a lot of favorable reveals.

Of course, we’ll see what’s committed to post-announcement.
“Well folks we’ve listened, and we’re proud to announce something for Epcot’s most beloved pavilion. Wayne Szalinski will join Figment in this years’ popcorn bucket, in honor of the Imagination Institute’s commitment to A Boundless Future™ of innovation & technology!”

mickEblu

Definitely a great year for announcements. Rehearsal for the presentation is well underway and it’s going to be filled with a lot of favorable reveals.

Meh. Aside from the fact that they've lost our trust on if they'll actually even do what they announce so many of the recent projects have been underwhelming. Tianas Bayou Adventure has completely diminished any enthusiasm I had for D23 announcements and DL Forward. How many projects in a row can disappoint until it stops becoming fun to discuss possibilities?

Tiana's Bayou Adventure -a Disaster
Avengers Campus / Webslingers - Awful
Galaxies Edge - Mixed Bag. ROTR is impressive but land needs more fun, more whimsy, more thrills and more Star Wars.
MMRR - Underwhelming

Tron and Cosmic Rewind look cool especially Cosmic Rewind but man that big blue box is an eyesore.

As a longtime DLR AP and someone who lives in LA I am jealous of all the new coasters WDW has received especially since we haven't got a new themed E ticket coaster at DLR since 1979. So I guess it would be exciting if they were to announce Cosmic Rewind (or an equivalent) or a Star Wars coaster (preferably something that can go toe to toe with Hagrid's). Disney could really use a win and coasters are a pretty safe bet. That Avengers ride using the TDS Pan system seems like it'll be lame. I'm certain people will walk off that ride and will still consider Mission Breakout the lands anchor.

I'm almost positive a new Tomorrowland would be a mixed bag and disappointing too. Especially if they aren't moving the Astro Orbitor where it belongs which they aren't if we are to believe the concept art that's been hanging on the construction wall for years. I also don't have faith in modern Disney doing the Autopia/ Subs area any justice.

Last edited:

bwr827

Looking forward to the news! I’m hopeful for a project or two at WDW that, when completed, many can say they really let the imagineers bring the magic.

Dear Eeyores, yes I do still think there are talented imagineers.

And while I don’t expect it because no rumours seem to exist, I do love that sad fellow’s wish for a themed family coaster that could rival Hagrid’s.

jrhwdw

Will Entertainment have some Announcements??? Or still too early to tell?

PizzaPlanet

We haven’t had a good D23 since 2017. 2022 was a lot of blue sky and 2019 had Epcot stuff that never happened plus the bizarre Target dog segment

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom