Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Gusey

At the 2022 D23 Expo, Disney revealed this timeline graphic for what they were expecting to open between 2022 and 2024:
1718827232210.png

I've made one for everything we know is opening at the Disney Parks worldwide from 2024-2027. I wonder if Disney will provide an updated timeline at D23 or will make vague timelines like "by Animal Kingdom's 30th" (2028) for Tropical Americas, "opening before the end of the decade" etc.
1718827440940.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
At the 2022 D23 Expo, Disney revealed this timeline graphic for what they were expecting to open between 2022 and 2024:
View attachment 793253

I've made one for everything we know is opening at the Disney Parks worldwide from 2024-2027. I wonder if Disney will provide an updated timeline at D23 or will make vague timelines like "by Animal Kingdom's 30th" (2028) for Tropical Americas, "opening before the end of the decade" etc.
View attachment 793254
Nice.

Just a few things:

A January 2024 Disney Blog said Cotino will welcome first homeowners in 2024.​
Besides a name change, Paris will get World of Frozen.​
CBJ isn't the only updated attraction. DHS is getting a new The Little Mermaid – A Musical Adventure stage show.​
Pirates Bar is new, for this year, I believe.​
Also, the EPCOT 'refresh' is finished with Communicore Hall and Plaza open, and the Hub completed.​

Then there are the littler things:
  • Disney Springs drone show, "Dreams that Soar" -- but that's only temporary.
  • A new DVC lounge in MK.
  • And the completion of the Bake Shop sometime in 2034.
  • Ahsoka/Mandalorian characters added to Star Tours

Speaking of open-ended dates we have not on any schedule:
  • Tropical America land in DAK with
    • a Indy retheme of DINOSAUR,
    • Encanto Ride,
    • and possibly a Coco spinner.
  • A Lion King ride in DAK
  • A retheme of It's Tough to be a Bug to Zootopia
  • A Moana ride in MK.
  • Some sort of lands in BBTMR.
  • Something maybe in DHS.

Brer Oswald

Nice.

Just a few things:

A January 2024 Disney Blog said Cotino will welcome first homeowners in 2024.​
Besides a name change, Paris will get World of Frozen.​
CBJ isn't the only updated attraction. DHS is getting a new The Little Mermaid – A Musical Adventure stage show.​
Pirates Bar is new, for this year, I believe.​
Also, the EPCOT 'refresh' is finished with Communicore Hall and Plaza open, and the Hub completed.​

Then there are the littler things:
  • Disney Springs drone show, "Dreams that Soar" -- but that's only temporary.
  • A new DVC lounge in MK.
  • And the completion of the Bake Shop sometime in 2034.
  • Ahsoka/Mandalorian characters added to Star Tours

Speaking of open-ended dates we have not on any schedule:
  • Tropical America land in DAK with
    • a Indy retheme of DINOSAUR,
    • Encanto Ride,
    • and possibly a Coco spinner.
  • A Lion King ride in DAK
  • A retheme of It's Tough to be a Bug to Zootopia
  • A Moana ride in MK.
  • Some sort of lands in BBTMR.
  • Something maybe in DHS.
The future of the parks looks dismal.

cheezbat

View attachment 793253

View attachment 793254
Pretty sad the only confirmed things in the USA stop at 2025. 26-27 are just for Tokyo.

These parks need more. A lot more.

CoasterFan27

Disappointment like usual lol. We get our expectations high and they come crumbling down. Then what does get announced we end up feeling Oh… ok, rather than Wow that’s amazing! Lol.
Possibly it's not healthy to base your enjoyment on a corporation's shareprice-driven announcements and instead enjoy what already exists and what gets added as it comes.

If you're not happy with what already exists, you might simply want to enjoy other parks instead for a while.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
To keep my expectations in check , my expectations for this year's d23 are this:

Tropical Americas details.

Everything else is just extra. This Is similar to what my for expectations for destination d23 were, which was this: "Epcot nighttime show details" everything else was just extra and I wasn't disappointed. So hopefully I won't be disappointed this time.

Moth

All insiders keep telling us this is going to be a great D23 that makes everyone excited. I’m not sure why we believe them when they report negative news, but not positive.
I'm gonna be real... nobody knows at this moment what's gonna be revealed at D23. Any insider who says they know what's at D23 with confidence should be scrutinized. I don't pin anything at D23 with confidence.

Because next thing you know we have a DL Tomorrowland situation.

TTA94

Original Poster
Possibly it's not healthy to base your enjoyment on a corporation's shareprice-driven announcements and instead enjoy what already exists and what gets added as it comes.

If you're not happy with what already exists, you might simply want to enjoy other parks instead for a while.

That may be what many are planning on doing, and for more reasons than one. A lack of new things at WDW is certainly not the only issue some are having.

The second half of 2025 should be really interesting to see where people choose to spend their vacations.

TTA94

Original Poster
To keep my expectations in check , my expectations for this year's d23 are this:

Tropical Americas details.

Everything else is just extra. This Is similar to what my for expectations for destination d23 were, which was this: "Epcot nighttime show details" everything else was just extra and I wasn't disappointed. So hopefully I won't be disappointed this time.

I would add to that TT details. That should be a safe bet to. Or at least we know it’s officially and actively happening unlike anything else.

bmr1591

I'm gonna be real... nobody knows at this moment what's gonna be revealed at D23. Any insider who says they know what's at D23 with confidence should be scrutinized. I don't pin anything at D23 with confidence.

Because next thing you know we have a DL Tomorrowland situation.

Of course. Things change all the time, even last second. But the fact is that multiple insiders have said this D23 is going to be very good for park fans. I tend to trust them.

C33Mom

Everyone and their pet dog said Tomorrowland at DLR was getting an overhaul announced at D23 22 (?) and then reports came in that it got pulled twenty minutes before the panel.
Is that better or worse than getting promised that our PeopleMover was being scrapped for (allegedly superior) RocketRods, having no ride for a year or two, briefly getting RocketRods, a couple years of often waiting in long lines just for them to break down, and then having no ride at all for the next 20 years? I’m thinking it’s slightly better, all things considered. 😭

I guess what I’m trying to say is that I’ll get excited for new rides, even if they aren’t my taste and may never happen, but I’m very worried about any promised replacements/upgrades…and I’m one of the starry eyed dreamers whose still keeping an open mind about TBA and CBJ.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom