Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Moth

I think it's important that DLR is most likely getting it's expansion plans officially announced and that will 98% include a third gate for it. This doesn't mean WDW will get nothing, but like. Of course they're gonna focus on a new gate.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Almost every concept for Disneyland Forward included a new gate and hotels.
While I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't announce the new gate on Saturday, it feels likely.
All they've been showing publicly is new expansions to Disneyland and DCA. I think DCA needs more expansion before a third gate. Also they have to build the new parking garage although that's probably the easiest part of it. I just don't see them announcing an Anaheim third gate this weekend.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Probably what they'll do is announce something huge for Disneyland this year because they rather wait until after Epic Universe has opened instead throwing anything that then people would react as that as a response. People would still be disappointed if BBT is just more blue sky concept art but it will be it's second go wheras Animal Kingdom had two already with the changes.

wutisgood

If the expansion plans are lackluster I will be down on Josh for sure, but I am generally optemistic about a person who seems to be kind to the people around him and actuallly enjoys the products he is in charge of.

I absolutelty get the sentiment that he hasn't done more so far but disney is somewhat of a dinosaur on major changes in direction as it has been both greatly sucessfull and also failed on those changes. I would not be surprised if he always hated chapek and was just playing it cool until chapek crashed and burned. Again alot of the people chapek was threatened by got fired. People like chapek feel threatened by those below them with ambitious plans. If chapek wanted to cost cut and cheap out in the parks Josh would have no power no mater what plans he had so he may as well have never asked. Have you ever had a boss where you just gave up in asking for funds or plans untill they left? I have.

Who is pushing these major expansions and some of the largest investments in the parks ever now that chapek is gone and Iger is on the way out? Is he not the main person doing this? Again if these plans dont plan out or get massive cuts at this point I will absolutely blame josh, but if we do see that 60 billion in expansion I have to credit him with a lot of it and what I believe is best for disney long term in large investment in their parks and resorts.

Homemade Imagineering

Maybe it’s a good thing a JII announcement is skipping this year, just to allow for the IO hype train to die down a little for a couple years before any execs get antsy about forcing it into the pavilion. As much as I’m fine with a Magic Eye attraction, I’m also a little concerned they’ll shove it into the pavilion alongside Dreamfinder & Figment. We deserve something original/on par with the original attraction, I’d rather they skip on anything Inside Out this year or end up announcing something for WoL in a surprise turn of events

mattpeto

I think it's important that DLR is most likely getting its expansion plans officially announced and that will 98% include a third gate for it. This doesn't mean WDW will get nothing, but like. Of course they're gonna focus on a new gate.
This is their chance at it.

No more chances at 3rd gate. I think it will happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom