Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

DisneyHead123

Hoping for a replacement show for NEMO (perhaps a 'Jungle Book' or 'Up' stage show?)... maybe a new daytime castle show?
I haven’t heard any rumors to this effect but it seems like HS has some real estate that could be used for new shows. I think Little Mermaid is still closed and the Disney Jr. show, while cute, isn’t anything to write home about.

Nickm2022

My hope is with these new shows they finally update the facades. Not like they need a lot of work, just some new paint and maybe some additional theming would go a long way, specifically on the mermaid building.

TTA94

Original Poster
No insider is going to comment on anything being a lock at D23. All of them have learned from the last few years.

Oh I know they won’t comment on anything being lock in. I meant if it’s on the, fluid, list. We all know things can change last minute.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I’ve got a good feeling about this D23 now that Disney has started announcing some smaller things already. This may mean that they have some real substance in the presentation for once and no longer need the pork to fill the time slot.

This is also a very important D23 for Disney, as this is when they showcase exactly what they’re doing to combat Epic Universe.

"We've been aware of Universal's plans for a new park for more than a decade. And we have a sophisticated approach to analyzing the needs of all of our businesses and strategically deploying capital."

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
We keep hearing rumblings about how 2025 will be a big push for entertainment as a counter to Epic Universe so what other entertainment besides the nighttime parade could come? Possibly another drone show? A DHS fireworks show?

"We've been aware of Universal's plans for a new park for more than a decade. And we have a sophisticated approach to analyzing the needs of all of our businesses and strategically deploying capital."

Why people continue to think Disney has these grandiose plans to "counter Epic Universe" are confounding, at best. They are stringing you along with hopes and wishes of some huge announcement and "plans to spend $60 billion worldwide over the next decade". And you swallow it hook, line, and sinker. Bob and Josh thank you for your loyalty and continued spending.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Why people continue to think Disney has these grandiose plans to "counter Epic Universe" are confounding, at best. They are stringing you along with hopes and wishes of some huge announcement and "plans to spend $60 billion worldwide over the next decade". And you swallow it hook, line, and sinker. Bob and Josh thank you for your loyalty and continued spending.
…the thought occurred

It’s not like they lead the fandom around like lapdogs looking for scraps as they have continually cut corners and pushed margins for 15 years…and have been spoiled by it?

Nah…can’t be.

And if this angers you…blame the dude/dudette in your mirror

jrhwdw

Believe me, I'm skeptical!.......

Starship824

In the Parks
No

I'm not sure about you but I wouldn't consider a bunch of entertainment a grandiose plan to counter Epic Universe. I never claimed it was. I just said there's going to be more entertainment as insiders have been pointing to. Also when they have D23 this year at 12,000 seat arena you bet there's going to be big announcements. Weather you want to believe it or not.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm not sure about you but I wouldn't consider a bunch of entertainment a grandiose plan to counter Epic Universe. I never claimed it was. I just said there's going to be more entertainment as insiders have been pointing to. Also when they have D23 this year at 12,000 seat arena you bet there's going to be big announcements. Weather you want to believe it or not.

You know what a 12,000 seat arena means? More ticket revenue. Full stop.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
You know what a 12,000 seat arena means? More ticket revenue. Full stop.
Yes and if they don't deliver and bring a good show with lots of good announcements. Guess what happens next time? There's not going to be many as many tickets sold, just like how the declining value in the Parks has seen a declining attendance in recent years.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yes and if they don't deliver and bring a good show with lots of good announcements. Guess what happens next time? There's not going to be many as many tickets sold, just like how the declining value in the Parks has seen a declining attendance in recent years.

ben mckenzie first timer GIF by Gotham

The parks announcements have disappointed for years. And more tickets continue to be sold.

DCLcruiser

They will go bonkers over merchandise and a new parade. It is very hard for DIS to disappoint that group (not that I don't enjoy blue sky stuff).

Starship824

In the Parks
No
ben mckenzie first timer GIF by Gotham

The parks announcements have disappointed for years. And more tickets continue to be sold.
Here are some reasons tickets continue to sell. In 2019, most of the big projects were cancelled because of the pandemic and in the years before there were large announcements made. In 2022, tickets sold most likely because it was the first expo since the pandemic and people wanted to get back to going to them. This year it sold out because of the larger venue giving people hope that it will be bigger and better than ever. If this expo ends up being seen as a dud for the vast majority of visitors I highly doubt people will continue to return. Obviously I could be wrong. You also have to remember there is much more to the event than just the parks panel, like the studios panel and other exhibits.

Gusey

I know why people are being cynical about the parks panel, but they should bear in mind that Disney aren't deciding to announce projects they know they're never going to build. Some of 2019's were cancelled because a pandemic caused budget's to be slashed (and no, they couldn't carry on building during a national lockdown when only essential workers had to work). 2022 Disney were reasonable and didn't have many announcements, with anything announced actually being built except for the Avengers E-Ticket (which was confirmed to still be in the works at Destination D23)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom