Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Surferboy567

Sounds like we won't be getting any Disney Destiny news at D23
Scott Gustin Twitter
NEW: Disney Destiny bookings will open to the public on Aug. 9. The ship is set to begin sailings in Dec. 2025.Disney Cruise Line will be unveiling new details about the ship during a 3-day reveal event from July 30 to Aug. 1.

Anyone find it weird they are announcing things now that I'd expect they'd announce during D23 which is (checks notes) 16 days away?

First the country bear restaurant retheme in Disneyland, then the Tokyo cruise ship announcement, and now this Disney Destiny news. Personally, I hope this means we hear less about DCL, but still it seems weird they announced the Country Bear thing so randomly.

BrianLo

More ships? They have so many in the works.

There is a long, long lead time here on new ship build orders. NCL just recently finished orders with Fincantieri through 2034. The Treasure was ordered back in 2016.

Meyer Werft is likely already booked through 2028/9 when OLC Triton vessel is delivered. I assume the OLC plans and Meyer Werft order were part and parcel with their new build order clearly in the works (due to their capital expenditure planning for the decade period), but not yet officiated.

So a new ship build announced at D23 would very likely be for 2029-34 type range in all likelihood. DCL definitely needs to keep the momentum of new builds up and ordering ships now barely achieves that for them.

DCLcruiser

There is a long, long lead time here on new ship build orders. NCL just recently finished orders with Fincantieri through 2034. The Treasure was ordered back in 2016.

Meyer Werft is likely already booked through 2028/9 when OLC Triton vessel is delivered. I assume the OLC plans and Meyer Werft order were part and parcel with their new build order clearly in the works (due to their capital expenditure planning for the decade period), but not yet officiated.

So a new ship build announced at D23 would very likely be for 2029-34 type range in all likelihood. DCL definitely needs to keep the momentum of new builds up and ordering ships now barely achieves that for them.
Make sense, but unless they plan on decommissioning Magic/Wonder, I don't know where new ships are going. The fleet is already too big.

BrianLo

Make sense, but unless they plan on decommissioning Magic/Wonder, I don't know where new ships are going. The fleet is already too big.

DCL is tiny compared to industry peers! It’s a perfect product that serves those markets that people want a Disney Park in, but are actually unrealistic to support them all year round. Especially the likes of Aus/Canadian markets.

Canada, New England. New York/Boston - Bermuda. Galveston. A second ship in Brisbane/Sydney. Multiple in Europe (Copenhagen, South Hampton, Rome/Trieste). Multiple in Asia (South Korea is a nutty Disney branded culture, but underserved). Brazil too, they are getting a D23, why not their own DCL vessel? The beauty is if a market is having a recession or is disinterested, they pack up and go somewhere else.

In addition to their private island capacity that just was bumped, 7 vessels easily could be in the Caribbean 365d alone.

RCL is building a DCL fleet every couple years in bed capacity, raising their pricing and stealing their market. I’m annoyingly on the DCL is not expanding fast enough train and letting their industry peers run away with their market share of families. But it’s true. DCL is barely playing the game. The next two years is the exception.

Gusey

The Wish, Treasure and Destiny ships were confirmed at D23 2017, although just confirmed as 3 new ships. The Destiny will finally sail 8 years later. I can see them announcing more ships to come out after 2030

Starship824

In the Parks
No
For the parade subject specifically I dont think we will get confirmation by insiders because even if it is on the list for presentation announcements that doesn’t mean it will stay there.
If the parade is indeed happening and there are floats in production right now I see no reason to not announce it at D23. What would be the point of holding off or announcing it before hand?

Starship824

In the Parks
No
We keep hearing rumblings about how 2025 will be a big push for entertainment as a counter to Epic Universe so what other entertainment besides the nighttime parade could come? Possibly another drone show? A DHS fireworks show?

TTA94

Original Poster
We keep hearing rumblings about how 2025 will be a big push for entertainment as a counter to Epic Universe so what other entertainment besides the nighttime parade could come? Possibly another drone show? A DHS fireworks show?

That’s what I’d like to know. But nobody has even hinted at anything other than the night parade coming.

zipadee999

I’ve got a good feeling about this D23 now that Disney has started announcing some smaller things already. This may mean that they have some real substance in the presentation for once and no longer need the pork to fill the time slot.

This is also a very important D23 for Disney, as this is when they showcase exactly what they’re doing to combat Epic Universe.

Nickm2022

Also this isn’t really a prediction for this year, but I predict RNRC retheme is announced by 2026
As for IP’S, I have a two guesses
  • The Incredibles
  • The Muppets
  • Big hero six (?)
  • Some I.P. We would’ve never guessed.
I also predict that we get at least one more minor addition at DHS when the new expansion opens.
Would also assume that Zootopia and Monsters would be considered for the retheme given that those IP's names are thrown around every time we speculate about what the IP could be. Plus I could see Zootopia and Monsters actually working well as a coaster.

(yes ik it doesn't make much sense for RNRC to have a theme of a movie with a target audience of young audience base but I don't think Disney cares about that, i.e. some young girls are not tall enough for Tianas despite that being the target audience for example)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom