Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Jrb1979

I think Star Tours, Muppets, Rivers of America, Riverboat, Tom Sawyers Island would be sorely missed. The Riverboat is especially iconic to WDW and DL
What I'm most surprised with is the focus on thrills lately. Adding in more coasters and flume rides. For parks that are supposed to focus on being family oriented they seem to be moving away from that a bit.

GenChi

Can we take a second to compliment Pecos Bill for the plot armor it has so far?

Everything around it got hit. Splash gone, shooting gallery gone, very likely ROA and TSI are going to be gone for Cars, Country Bears revamped. It's in between two rides in Country Bears and Tiana that have Disneyland restaurant concepts that would fit there perfectly. There was a lot of smoke the last 2 years a retheme was imminent, everyone thought it was

And somehow not only is it the last thing standing but the BBTM addition that would have for sure ended it isn't happening now. Think it's going to fall eventually, but you have to be impressed how it's been holding on

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Some of them accept it and keep feeding the Mouse ( ie lower attendance and increasing profits )
Your imagination is calling…line 1
1723393785092.jpeg

they didn’t increase “profits” last quarter, we’ve been over this

Lilofan

If they ax muppets without a muppet themed replacement there will be riots
Back in the day there was Lights Motor Action Stunt Spectacular only performed during the day . There was an indoor theatre at the exit of the stadium towards the Mama Melrose , Muppets 3D exit. I entered that theatre just wanting to check it out and it was a huge theatre that seated over 500 guests. No shows were performed that I know of there and that for a number of years was pretty much a wasted space. All that was demolished to make way for SW land.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I feel like there is still a lot to announce... nothing major like last night, but I feel like there are a bunch of hotels/DVCs, new shows, "reimaginings" of current rides/restaurants, and new restaurants that will be announced in the coming weeks/months (probably saving some for Destination D23 next year as well). People may say there was a lot of filler, but all things considered, I think there was quite a lot announced (especially compared to the last 4 or 5 D23s... especially considering how much was brand new info and not just updates on current projects). Regardless, I could still see D23 in 2026 having some big/bigger announcements to look forward to.

Big_Shakalaka

I don’t think they announced $16 billion of projects for WDW, which was the number to be invested in the next decade if I remember correctly.
Someone here did some "napkin math", and estimated the WDW projects will cost about $4 billion. Iger has said that they will be investing $16 billion into WDW over the next 10 years. So, even if these cost 6 billion, there's still $10-12 billion dollars they have left to invest in WDW by 2034. That's a LOT of billions to work with,.

CentralFLlife

Good list, but the cruise lines don’t permanently place so many things away from Caribbean. Those guys will all do double duty.

No one permanently does West Coast, Europe or Aus. You are also missing at least one more seasonal Europe. I’d expect at least three in Europe seasonally.

They built a second island to essentially “accommodate” 14 ships in Caribbean scheduling wise. Even though they’ll have at best access to 10 in winter.
Carnival and Royal both have multiple ships based out of LA/Long beach year round. On top of that they also have west coast ships that rotate between Cali and Canada.

Carnival in total has 4 ships permanently based on the west coast.

PCL and HAL both have ships that are permanently based on the west coast and rotate between Cali and Canada as well.

EeyoreFan#24

Can we take a second to compliment Pecos Bill for the plot armor it has so far?

Everything around it got hit. Splash gone, shooting gallery gone, very likely ROA and TSI are going to be gone for Cars, Country Bears revamped. It's in between two rides in Country Bears and Tiana that have Disneyland restaurant concepts that would fit there perfectly. There was a lot of smoke the last 2 years a retheme was imminent, everyone thought it was

And somehow not only is it the last thing standing but the BBTM addition that would have for sure ended it isn't happening now. Think it's going to fall eventually, but you have to be impressed how it's been holding on

I think it’s a case of RoI vs RoA, but I think its days could be numbered for an retheme eventually. It’s location and the way the facility is physically integrated with the rest of the infrastructure probably unintentionally helps from a complete redevelopment.

mickEblu

Oh must say I knew it was villains, did not occur to me but it was a bit hard to hear.

Just structurally he’s like you wouldn’t let me come here again without the thing you guys all lost your collective minds over two years ago.

I did hear some vague disappointment from some people about the lack of Tomorrowland. But DCA seems so plussed from expectations and I had none for Disneyland proper, so it was hard to say the resort made the wrong decisions.

Yeah the TL thing is more about the excitement of hearing an announcement in real time but in actuality I’m good with no announcement. Not sure I want the people that seem to think it’s ok massively shrinking or removing the ROA at MK touching TL. All I really wanted was a TL 67 reskin with the return of the PeopleMover but I don’t NEED it now. The attention went to the park that needs it - DCA. I’ve been championing a Coco ride and an E ticket boat ride at DCA in the backlot for years now so no complaints here. When Avatar first started being teased I always thought it had to be DCA even before the slip ups by Beatty and Iger. DCA needs all this way more than Disneyland even if Avatar technically makes more sense at DL.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Back in the day there was Lights Motor Action Stunt Spectacular only performed during the day . There was an indoor theatre at the exit of the stadium towards the Mama Melrose , Muppets 3D exit. I entered that theatre just wanting to check it out and it was a huge theatre that seated over 500 guests. No shows were performed that I know of there and that for a number of years was pretty much a wasted space. All that was demolished to make way for SW land.
Isn’t that the theater where this was performed?

CentralFLlife

As great announcements as these new projects are, I still hate how they do it. I hate the whole concept art thing. I would rather them go the route of announcing these new things well after construction has started.
If they did that people would be mad that there were walls everywhere without any details.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom