Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

DCBaker

Premium Member
Dana Walden shared a photo of her with Bob Iger and some of the cast from Descendants at D23:

IMG_92448F068651-1.jpeg

doctornick

I really want villains in either MK or DHS, but I fear we will never see it. But I really hope we get Moana in Adventureland. They are utter fools
If they don't jump the Moana goodwill, especially with the sequel coming out this year. How much more data do they need that it is beloved?
Yeah. I kind of feeling that not immediately building a Moana ride in AK would be kinda insane. There’s pretty much no more perfect fit with the IP mandate.

GenChi

Anyone else see that clip of people chanting “we love you” to Bob Iger? How many of them were paid to do that? 😂
I got told off on this very thread yesterday for saying this clip was just sad lol

Will never get treating an executive to a multibillion dollar corporation as a idol. And you know he'll get screams of loving him even if they are announcing filling in ROA

fgmnt

Universal does the same. I think Minions land and Dreamworks land are bad cheap additions. Especially when I see great looking Minions lands overseas.

However, it appears they opened to rave reviews.
It's all fun and good to have a laugh when a major operator debuts a real stinker, and frankly, I don't care when they eat dirt or hit a home run like I do at WDI. UC has definitely challenged and outmatched WDI but WDI should still be the standard bearer of the industry and WDW should still be the crown jewel of the industry.

I really could not give two beats over most of the business output of The Walt Disney Company. I watch a number of their movies but with few exceptions, never really return to them. Andor and half of the FX output are the only streaming shows I have watched from them and enjoyed. I don't hold any more regard to an ESPN production than one from Fox, Turner, CBS, or NBC. I never buy any of their consumer products or go on their cruise ships because I don't like knick knacks and don't like cruises.

The parks--the magic made real--has been the one thing I really connect to. I find the history and the business endlessly fascinating. Disneyland is the zenith for American capitalism and American excellence. WDI is one of the most legendary institutions in American history.

Yet as the stone-hearted cynics and bloodsucking career climbers and relentless bozos and failing-up losers have sunk deeper and deeper into the nooks and crannies of Burbank, they have hollowed out their greatest assets. This has been my thesis, my personal through line for a decade+, it's not something I'm just wailing about all at once. I'm waxing poetic over it, but not really freaking out.

I will admit I am actually stunned they might have found a new way to disappoint after what they did to EPCOT, what they've done to their Resorts, and what they tried to do to the Tower in the Studios. I thought they hit the bottom in 2021-22 (and they knew it) but maybe I'm wrong.

necott99

It's all fun and good to have a laugh when a major operator debuts a real stinker, and frankly, I don't care when they eat dirt or hit a home run like I do at WDI. UC has definitely challenged and outmatched WDI but WDI should still be the standard bearer of the industry and WDW should still be the crown jewel of the industry.

I really could not give two beats over most of the business output of The Walt Disney Company. I watch a number of their movies but with few exceptions, never really return to them. Andor and half of the FX output are the only streaming shows I have watched from them and enjoyed. I don't hold any more regard to an ESPN production than one from Fox, Turner, CBS, or NBC. I never buy any of their consumer products or go on their cruise ships because I don't like knick knacks and don't like cruises.

The parks--the magic made real--has been the one thing I really connect to. I find the history and the business endlessly fascinating. Disneyland is the zenith for American capitalism and American excellence. WDI is one of the most legendary institutions in American history.

Yet as the stone-hearted cynics and bloodsucking career climbers and relentless bozos and failing-up losers have sunk deeper and deeper into the nooks and crannies of Burbank, they have hollowed out their greatest assets. This has been my thesis, my personal through line for a decade+, it's not something I'm just wailing about all at once. I'm waxing poetic over it, but not really freaking out.

I will admit I am actually stunned they might have found a new way to disappoint after what they did to EPCOT, what they've done to their Resorts, and what they tried to do to the Tower in the Studios. I thought they hit the bottom in 2021-22 (and they knew it) but maybe I'm wrong.
I've never read something that so perfectly encapsulates my relationship with this company. Thank you for taking time to write it.

fgmnt

I got told off on this very thread yesterday for saying this clip was just sad lol

Will never get treating an executive to a multibillion dollar corporation as a idol. And you know he'll get screams of loving him even if they are announcing filling in ROA
I don't know about you but I can't wait to go to JPMorganCon and bow at the feet of Jamie Dimon as thanks for bailing out First Republic Bank.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom