Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

NateD1226

I think if they're really gonna put a clone of Cars in MK 15+ years after the original opened, 20+ years after the movie debuted, and around 30+ years after you debuted the ride system down the street, you can just write off that park forever. I have so many fond memories in my life going there but they clearly have no idea what to do anymore and zero confidence in The Florida Project to be anything other than an ATM.
My goodness….

For a community that follows Disney’s every move, you all sound so dramatic over here. It’s a rumor that might not even be announced. There’s no reason to get all heated because it’s something you don’t like it. Not everything has to be made for you. You can have your opinion, but millions of people visit MK alone each year. You can’t “write the park off” just because you don’t like it. Just chill out please.

fgmnt

I hate to point this out as I generally agree with the sentiment here - but you know the only reason Walt agreed to build Magic Kingdom was in fact, to have an ATM to cover the costs of his original vision for EPCOT.

The sad truth is that the Florida Project has always been an ATM for the company, albeit Walt was using it for something visionary while Bob is using it for stock buybacks.
You're correct, and ultimately, I think you can successfully argue that post-2012, The Magic Kingdom has probably been the second worst park in the portfolio, only beating out the maligned WDSP/DAW. It's just baffling to me that management really is going to go to market with this 11th hour rumor. They are abandoning any sense that WDI and WDW as defining institutions in the industry and frankly, American history.

The Leader of the Club

I think if they're really gonna put a clone of Cars in MK 15+ years after the original opened, 20+ years after the movie debuted, and around 30+ years after you debuted the ride system down the street, you can just write off that park forever. I have so many fond memories in my life going there but they clearly have no idea what to do anymore and zero confidence in The Florida Project to be anything other than an ATM.
So sad that a single new addition (not even a replacement) is enough for you to write off a park that hold so many fond memories.

Cmdr_Crimson

Waiting for the panel like...
twiddling-thumbs-mister-mr-bean-waiting-checking-time-3vmjnmltyf84qhal.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom