Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

TTA94

Original Poster
The problem is that "still progressing and planned" is great... until funding gets pulled and its no longer on the table. I'd feel a lot better if an insider could indicate that floaters are actually being built as we speak or PTN is already being shipped across the country or something like that which would mean its moved beyond "yeah, we want to do this" to "we are actively paying for this to happen".

I agree. I mean wdwmagic made it sound like it’s definitely happening, but he also has been vague and not to many insiders like @marni1971 have chimmed in yet. Of course there could be many reasons behind it such as strong secrecy, which Disney definitely is tight lipped about things now a days, or it could be a parade that many insiders are not interested in and do not care to discuss it. I can’t imagine to many die hard insiders would be huge fans of a PTN style parade coming to WDW or the existing PTN. Many will feel it’s not a good fit for MK and just another nail in coffin for the way entertainment used to be.
There is also the tiny chance it could be a high quality parade that insiders are very excited about but sworn to secrecy. Unlikely the latter but it would be a nice surprise!

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I agree. I mean wdwmagic made it sound like it’s definitely happening, but he also has been vague and not to many insiders like @marni1971 have chimmed in yet. Of course there could be many reasons behind it such as strong secrecy, which Disney definitely is tight lipped about things now a days, or it could be a parade that many insiders are not interested in and do not care to discuss it. I can’t imagine to many die hard insiders would be huge fans of a PTN style parade coming to WDW or the existing PTN. Many will feel it’s not a good fit for MK and just another nail in coffin for the way entertainment used to be.
There is also the tiny chance it could be a high quality parade that insiders are very excited about but sworn to secrecy. Unlikely the latter but it would be a nice surprise!
I don't just because it could be a more high energy PTN style parade doesn't mean it will be bad, it could still be a very quality product but we'll see. It's still baffling that DLR has two nighttime parades sitting in storage with seemingly no return in sight for either of them.

TTA94

Original Poster
I don't just because it could be a more high energy PTN style parade doesn't mean it will be bad, it could still be a very quality product but we'll see. It's still baffling that DLR has two nighttime parades sitting in storage with seemingly no return in sight for either of them.

Your are right they could build a new PTN with floats that do fit in with MK, meaning less Pixar. That would be the second best case scenario with the first being a Dreamlights/Spectro 2.0.

doctornick

Honestly, taking out Star Tours and the Stunt Spectacular theater is probably the best option.

Not really. Removing the Animation building - including the office space there which can be easier relocated - is not only the easiest thing, but also would be the best way to improve guest flow at the park by making a connection between the RNR area and Animation Courtyard (so Sunset wouldn't be a dead end)

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Not really. Removing the Animation building - including the office space there which can be easier relocated - is not only the easiest thing, but also would be the best way to improve guest flow at the park by making a connection between the RNR area and Animation Courtyard (so Sunset wouldn't be a dead end)
Agreed. You could probably fit something on par size wise or maybe a little bigger than an Avengers Campus. Once AC has been redeveloped, then they can turn their attention to replacing Indy and Star Tours.

doctornick

Agreed. You could probably fit something on par size wise or maybe a little bigger than an Avengers Campus. Once AC has been redeveloped, then they can turn their attention to replacing Indy and Star Tours.

Agreed. Although honestly I wouldn't really change Star Tours since it is a solid attraction in its own right and dynamic. I would remove the stunt show though and build a new land into that backstage/parking area (which was at least a tentative plan for where Galaxy's Edge was considered for DHS).

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Agreed. Although honestly I wouldn't really change Star Tours since it is a solid attraction in its own right and dynamic. I would remove the stunt show though and build a new land into that backstage/parking area (which was at least a tentative plan for where Galaxy's Edge was considered for DHS).
So far the reason why that backstage area hasn't been touched is because it houses some extremely critical backstage functions for the park that would be a little more challenging to remove. But they could do it. There have been some rumors that NBCU might buy WBD and if that happens (this is probably a stretch) and Disney gets the Marvel rights back for WDW, they can turn that whole section to some sort of Marvel area.

doctornick

So far the reason why that backstage area hasn't been touched is because it houses some extremely critical backstage functions for the park that would be a little more challenging to remove. But they could do it. There have been some rumors that NBCU might buy WBD and if that happens (this is probably a stretch) and Disney gets the Marvel rights back for WDW, they can turn that whole section to some sort of Marvel area.

Comcast is never giving up the Marvel theme park rights in Florida.

bmr1591

Yes we are anxiously awaiting our next update on the parade lol, but this time with more than just “It’s Happening” lol. Obviously Steve can’t tell us details yet but im sure he can throw us a tiny bone at least as far as what we should be expecting lol.

Maybe Steve can also give us an idea if any other entertainment offerings are in the works for 2025 along with the parade?

You don’t want to risk your sources by giving too much too early. If he says it’s happening, I trust he knows what he’s talking about.

How many unique Disney World parades have we had other than Festival of Fantasy? Most have been shipped from DisneyLand. I wouldn’t say bringing PTN would be a condemnation on the state of WDW entertainment. More like status quo.

Move Star Tours into Galaxy’s Edge if you’re going to redo that area. Otherwise (super wishful thinking inbound), make that side a LucasFilms area of the park, change TSL to be Pixar themed and add some other rides based on Pixar movies to an expanded footprint, let Animation Courtyard become a Walt Disney Animation area with classic Disney animation characters on display, and let Sunset Boulevard be the golden age of Hollywood section. Wow, it’s almost like Hollywood STUDIOS has a theme smack in front of our faces that we’re refusing to embrace.

doctornick

They keep changing the name of these conventions and its hard to keep track lol

Anaheim is the full D23 and Brazil is likely the equivalent of Destination D23 but no announcements since it's the same year as D23
I don’t anticipate anything but I could see something in the vein of “Brazil pavilion coming to Epcot” being announced exclusively at the Brazil D23. I don’t think it will mind you but something on the scale seems plausible

ednamodedarling

Wish that they would fulfill the prophecy of MUPPETS GREAT MOVIE RIDE ... fans would go crazy for the "return" of a beloved attraction & they would be able to actually utilize the muppets in a fun // coherent way that would seamlessly tie in with the park. It just seems perfect. It could be an expansion to muppets courtyard, and then they just have to worry about what to do with Animation Courtyard. Relocate Star Tours (or eliminate it all together.) I need the muppets satire of all the acquired franchises. Avatar, Star Wars, Planet of the Apes, etc.

Last edited:

TTA94

Original Poster
How many unique Disney World parades have we had other than Festival of Fantasy? Most have been shipped from DisneyLand. I wouldn’t say bringing PTN would be a condemnation on the state of WDW entertainment. More like status quo.

If they do plan on shipping PTN to WDW, remains to be seen, I can’t imagine that’s going to be well received news, still, among the Disneyland fan base. Many are not that happy with the dragon less Fantasmic right now and are still asking for PTN to return, maybe for the 70th. Could very well be the reason why they might not announce it at D23 in August and just make it a DPB post.

jrhwdw

First, We knew we were getting B Mode F! for Summer 2024 so that shouldn't be a shock.

Second, isn’t the current rumor saying PTN's returning for DL 70th so MK would get a new Parade????? Or MSEP Returns but really, no Insider is giving that hint... ....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom