D23 2024 Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

truecoat

Sure it's not an X Wing, but they just need to do the dang trench run. Dog fighting with Tie Fighters, then going in for the killing blow on the Death Star would be far more satisfying than trying to steal coaxium.

I've seen comments on how that was done on Star Tours but it's not the same. Have a real trench run after a couple of dog fights and it would be a huge hit.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I've seen comments on how that was done on Star Tours but it's not the same. Have a real trench run after a couple of dog fights and it would be a huge hit.

What we really need is a modern HyperSpace Mountain with a trench run finale. I’m thinking the scale of Shangai Pirates Battle ship scene. It would obviously have to be a huge show building when you consider the scale of the trench and how long the sets would be when you consider how fast the coaster would be going through it. It’s not practical by any means but neither were a lot of things built at Disneyland in their day. Just figure it out WDI.

Nland316

Nearly 2 short months away from the parks panel!

Rumors on the DL side of announcements have been pretty inactive lately besides Avatar — which is universally assumed to be a lock at this point.

I figure from this point forward, we’ll be hearing more whispers about what may or may not be in store for us.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Nearly 2 short months away from the parks panel!

Rumors on the DL side of announcements have been pretty inactive lately besides Avatar — which is universally assumed to be a lock at this point.

I figure from this point forward, we’ll be hearing more whispers about what may or may not be in store for us.
DL Forward has officially gone into effect. Hopefully we get start dates on when things like the prep work for the Eastern Gateway begins.

TP2000

@mickEblu, I know you mean well and your heart is in the right place, but you've really made a rookie mistake on this thread.

You keep calling it "D23", when every fan worth their Straw Clip knows it is actually D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event.

See how this true fan and successful influencer does it below? Try and be more like him, please. ;)

quotegh-png.791207

Figments Friend

I just had a Disney friend I know who works for WDW offer me a ticket to one of the days of the Expo.

( looks above at @TP2000’s post )

I meant to say the D23 : The Ultimate Disney Fan Experience (c) (tm)….

Very nice of him to offer, but I already have plans in place for California later this year.

So I had to pass.

-

Last edited:

TheDisneyParksfanC8

True. But I would also hate for the big announcements at D23 to just be Avatar (what we already know) and a parking garage.
For DLR announcements, I expect the other announcements to be a teaser or reveal for whatever replaces HL,(I think Avatar is more likely destined for the Simba lot and Hollywoodland was a plan B if DL Forward was knocked down) and the Avengers E ticket.

CaptinEO

I just had a Disney friend I know who works for WDW offer me a ticket to one of the days of the Expo.

( looks above at @TP2000’s post )

I meant to say the D23 : The Ultimate Disney Fan Experience (c) (tm)….

Very nice of him to offer, but I already have plans in place for California later this year.

So I had to pass.

-
Having heard from a coworker who went once 1 or 2 years ago, it was not a good time. The limited merchandise ran out quick and the big panels don't have enough capacity to fit everyone.

It was a lottery system where you choose preferences and they didn't get into what they wanted but instead had things like preschool Disney and Disney Channel panels chosen for them.

Maybe the Honda Center ensures everyone sees the big panels.

Personally the last 2 D23s it was cringey to watch from the couch at home and I skipped through a lot of it. I can't imagine being stuck in a stadium and hearing the awkward executives talk about "storytelling" and "immersion" while not committing to solid plans.

Figments Friend

Having heard from a coworker who went once 1 or 2 years ago, it was not a good time. The limited merchandise ran out quick and the big panels don't have enough capacity to fit everyone.

It was a lottery system where you choose preferences and they didn't get into what they wanted but instead had things like preschool Disney and Disney Channel panels chosen for them.

Maybe the Honda Center ensures everyone sees the big panels.

Personally the last 2 D23s it was cringey to watch from the couch at home and I skipped through a lot of it. I can't imagine being stuck in a stadium and hearing the awkward executives talk about "storytelling" and "immersion" while not committing to solid plans.

Your coworker is right....it was a hot mess, with some fun aspects...but i am in no rush to do it again.
My personal mission was accomplished when i attended my first and probably last Major D23 Expo / Experience in Anaheim in 2015.

I enjoyed doing it once, as it is a fun 'bucket list' item for most hardcore Disney or Park fans.
But i was good afterwards and was in no hurry to go back.

I tell everyone -
If you are even remotely thinking about attending one of these massive conventions, DO YOUR RESEARCH ahead of time and tempter your lofty expectations.
It is not quite the happy, fluffy, magical experience Disney markets the Event to be to the masses...and a lot of hard facts potential attendees are soon faced with once arriving are NOT acknowledged.
The biggest issues being organization at the Event and crowd control.
As i said earlier, a hot mess.

Buyer beware..but DO go if you wish to try it just once.
Just know full well what you are getting yourself and your family into if you do.
RESEARCH !!!

-

mickEblu

Original Poster
this rumor has been around since 2002 and it’s not happening. It’s an easy way to weed out fake “insiders”. Iger is not signing off on anything unless it’s tied to a hit movie franchise

Why cant the PeopleMover be tied to a hit movie franchise or popular IP/characters? I see Stitch somewhere in Tomorrowlands future at DLR. He has zero presence. Maybe they use the Buzz building for show scenes/ queue? The old Tron tunnel too. Unfortunately, if it were to come back, I don't think it would be the old PeopleMover with that old school pleasant soundtrack. There would be some over arching story like when they first added Fast n Furious to the Studio Tour at USH.

Consumer

Stitch replacing Astro Blasters would be great. Why haven’t they done that?

People Mover has the same chance of coming back as Swiss Family Treehouse and the Tahitian Terrace.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom