D23 2024 Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Dayoldbread16

There have been others recently with previously unused accounts. Its just interesting that your account was created just this week and is regurgitating almost word for word what was already discussed here and other threads. So it has the appearance that where ever you're getting this information appears to be getting it from here, which is fairly common.

Also there was no D23 last year, it was Destination D23 last year which is different. The last official D23 was in 2022, the next one is next month, they happen every 2 years.
Interesting I didn’t notice. Also no I just found out about this place a day or two ago. I only made an account because people get angry for some reason whenever the avengers e ticket is discussed on the Disneyland Reddit community. The facebook Disneyland groups are better in terms of that but not too many people comment on it usually.

Anyways either the same people are on multiple sites/apps or I think most likely many think alike. Because like I said I was speculating all of this before I even knew this site existed. Also thank you for clarifying my bad. I hope this years d23 is better because the others were disappointing

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Thanks! It looks like pretty good proof it’s going to be the entrance queue. Were you the original poster of that? If so i apologize for not giving credit
What is proof? That person said Dr. Strange is TEMPORARILY closing down because there will be construction AROUND it. (Key words in bold)

1. Disney said the show is closing, but they technically never said it wasn't going to ever come back. There is a park-wide removal of entertainment offerings going on this summer. I won't feed into the speculations that it is because of the recent unionizing, but it being due to the slower summer season sounds reasonable.

2. There's the matter of the main thoroughfare between lands separating the backstage area where the attraction is going and the Dr. Strange area. I think someone else in the other thread made mention of this.

3. There is plenty of space in the backstage area for a Cosmic Rewind size building with plenty of room for queue left over. I don't see any reason why queue would be needed to extend out into the land proper or the Dr. Strange area.

4. It's typically pretty established on message boards like this that frontline hourly CMs don't know much more than the average guest when it comes to inside information.

I'm all for entertaining rumor and speculation, but I don't think at this point there is proof of anything that's being speculated thus far.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
i really hope they dont build a cosmic rewind style attraction, dont get me wrong i love it, but i want someting 8+ minutes
Yeah, I only mentioned Cosmic Rewind above to indicate that the plot of land should be big enough to handle a building that size (regardless of what style attraction it is) and include an adequate queue without overflowing into the rest of the land.

Dayoldbread16

What is proof? That person said Dr. Strange is TEMPORARILY closing down because there will be construction AROUND it. (Key words in bold)

1. Disney said the show is closing, but they technically never said it wasn't going to ever come back. There is a park-wide removal of entertainment offerings going on this summer. I won't feed into the speculations that it is because of the recent unionizing, but it being due to the slower summer season sounds reasonable.

2. There's the matter of the main thoroughfare between lands separating the backstage area where the attraction is going and the Dr. Strange area. I think someone else in the other thread made mention of this.

3. There is plenty of space in the backstage area for a Cosmic Rewind size building with plenty of room for queue left over. I don't see any reason why queue would be needed to extend out into the land proper or the Dr. Strange area.

4. It's typically pretty established on message boards like this that frontline hourly CMs don't know much more than the average guest when it comes to inside information.

I'm all for entertaining rumor and speculation, but I don't think at this point there is proof of anything that's being speculated thus far.
Sorry I shouldn’t have said “proof” I just meant in my mind I’m so desperate for progress on this that any little sliver of hope is proof to me. Anyways I labeled it as speculation specifically because I didn’t want to mislead anyone or falsely get their hopes up. I think realistically whatever ends up happening, we won’t hear anything or see progress until d23 this August. Like some have said, that is most likely when we will hear concrete info about it. I just hope they announce a lot more than last years “here’s a single vague piece of concept art for the ride, see you next year”.

Dayoldbread16

i really hope they dont build a cosmic rewind style attraction, dont get me wrong i love it, but i want someting 8+ minutes
It seems like it’ll be an avengers version of that Peter Pan ride that just opened at one of the overseas Disney parks. And that ride is pretty much Disneys version of the spider man ride at universal Orlando

TP2000

My grandma tells me that day old bread doesn’t get you fat. Her mom used to say that to her. I guess it might be an old Italian wives tale.

My Swedish grandma (known as "Mormor Pookie", in an odd Swedish-American combo) used to tell my sister and I that eating bread crusts would make our hair curly. She was serious.

What was unknown, however, was if curly hair was a positive or a negative outcome. We didn't dare ask. I think we were just supposed to know, and appreciate the wisdom.

mickEblu

Original Poster
My Swedish grandma (known as "Mormor Pookie", in an odd Swedish-American combo) used to tell my sister and I that eating bread crusts would make our hair curly. She was serious.

What was unknown, however, was if curly hair was a positive or a negative outcome. We didn't dare ask. I think we were just supposed to know, and appreciate the wisdom.

Lol that’s great! I love these old wives tales. I like to think some of them are true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom