D-Troops.com Announced

Badger Brent

Can I please serve the drinks?? I will show up with traveling bar and shakers and help with the sign-up lines!! I might as well make everyone HAPPY while helping a great cause. :lol:

Stitch79

Hey I heard about the D-Troops on the radio this morning! The reporter from WDBO was speaking about an interview he did with The General through IM. Way to go on spreading the word guys!

General Grizz

Original Poster
Stitch79 said:
Hey I heard about the D-Troops on the radio this morning! The reporter from WDBO was speaking about an interview he did with The General through IM. Way to go on spreading the word guys!
Really? That's interesting. :lookaroun

Thanks for the update, too, Tahu. Awesome. :)

Thank you all for your interest! :wave:

TheOneVader

Yay, it's finally here. And congrats on making the radio, Orlando Sentinel, and SaveDisney. Now I gotta go write another article or two.. Which reminds me, Grizz, when are you gonna put mine up? :)

General Grizz

Original Poster
TheOneVader said:
Yay, it's finally here. And congrats on making the radio, Orlando Sentinel, and SaveDisney. Now I gotta go write another article or two.. Which reminds me, Grizz, when are you gonna put mine up? :)
I'm going to send you back some comments, and after that we'll have it up in a few days. :)

Thanks, Nimmy! :lookaroun

Stitchfan712

Interesting. But i have reservations about it.

Who's to say that this D-Army thing won't eventually destroy that which it seeks to promote? The magic at WDW.

Sometimes, preserving this magic means changing attractions. If we have this D-Army protesting any change Disney wishes to make, it could be counter-productive in the long run.

Progress must be allowed to happen. I would hope that this D-Army won't be a hinderance to progress, nor will it have any particular bias against a character...be that winnie the pooh or stitch or whatever.

I can just see this being used to kill Stitch promotion. Stitch gets a wake up call, D-Army protests, wins, Stitch is gone from wake up calls, leaving people like me frustrated NOT with Disney, but with the D-Army.

I can't say I support it right now. Sorry. I'm afraid it will be abused or steered towards the personal likes or dislikes of the heads of this D-Army, or used for biased goals.

But I'm probably wrong...if I am, set me straight. But the proverbial image of a "march against Stitch" still runs in my head and I could never support something like that.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Stitchfan712 said:
Sometimes, preserving this magic means changing attractions. If we have this D-Army protesting any change Disney wishes to make, it could be counter-productive in the long run.

We seek to praise the great changes we see at Disney. We started out with our first newsbrief.

I understand where you are coming from. We promote change, but not blind change.

imagineer boy

WOW! This website made the radio, Orlando Sentenial, and SAVE DISNEY?! Wow! I salute you grizz. And the radio guy even mentioned you. Good job everyone for making this web site a dream come true.

SirNim

Let me assure you, Stitchfan712, that this is in no way a march against Stitch or any other character. Neither is this a broad march against any replacement of attractions. You said it best. Progess must be allowed to happen. But progress is not the same thing as change. Change for change's sake brings about bad results. But change for progress' sake, for more inspired storytelling, for more inspired attractions, is something the D-Troops support. Our site makes it very clear that we do not want WDW preserved in amber. But there is one thing we want preserved in amber - the focus of WDW, the ideals that established it at the forefront of the theme park industry, the magic. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom