News Cuts to Citizens of Hollywood

mm52200

Original Poster
Is there a list of all the Citizens?
There are some outdated ones but not any current. I can try to list them though...

Betty Shambles, Evie Starlight, Flora Fiera, Ginny Vermouth, Chloe Canard, Phoebe Bizarre, Jack Diamond, Oscar Mayer, Sonny Burbank, Beau Wrangler, Stone Granite, Ace Victory, Montgomery Dash, Officer Peabody, Officer Pat Friskem, Officer William Club, Juan Scenario, Paige Turner, Dara Vamp, Dorma Nesmond, Officer Prime Brody.

krb201

Are the cuts permanent? I certainly could be mistaken, but haven't their total numbers at any given time fluctuated a bit (seasonally?) over the years?

While I don't know precisely how much the actors make, I can't image cutting some of them for budget reasons would amount to more than a budgeting rounding error worth of costs savings given the total number of CMs at DHS. What's the motivation to cut if it is permanent?

mm52200

Original Poster
Are the cuts permanent? I certainly could be mistaken, but haven't their total numbers at any given time fluctuated a bit (seasonally?) over the years?

While I don't know precisely how much the actors make, I can't image cutting some of them for budget reasons would amount to more than a budgeting rounding error worth of costs savings given the total number of CMs at DHS. What's the motivation to cut if it is permanent?
They lost their full time contracts, their benefits, guaranteed hours. They’ll still be allowed to sub, occasionally brought in, but literally no guarantee of hours, if they’ll be able to work or when.

Sometimes people get their contracts back, other times they don’t. Nothing is ever set in stone...but considering the four of them were let out of their contracts out of knowhere six months early isn’t exactly promising.

bcoachable

Excuse me, what is good about that?
Too be clear- if you were referring to my “bummer” response- it held no sarcasm at all- I think it’s truly a shame that the parks are cutting back on anything at this point...
I think these citizens are some of the most talented entertainers around. The ability to add lib and emprovise never ceases to amaze... always a welcomed site to see them out and about, adding to the atmosphere of Hollywood east...

beavbo1946

Sad news, we always check to see if the citizens are performing before and after our scheduled rides. Three of our favorites Norma, Dara and Paige will soon be gone.

Minnesota disney fan

I am so sad about this. We always loved watching the street performers at DHS. So unique and keeping with the atmosphere.
But, they must want the atmosphere to change to all Star Wars, All the time...………………
Don't they know that not everyone wants to be immersed all the time in SW. I like SW, but getting rid of the other great attractions/performers at DHS is not the way. They are beloved by many and a real part of HS.
I just don't get the current thinking of Disney now? get rid of everything that was (of course not everything, don't take it literally:), and replace with the IP of the moment. SW has been long lasting due to it's excellent movies and cast. The new movies are not in that class, IMO, IMO so please don't flame me:) I know what we want doesn't count anymore, but I will be sad to see an era end. As another poster stated, why can't both types of attractions in the park co-exist?

Phil12

Umm Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset both still exist...so does the Chinese Theatre, all of which are “Old Hollywood” and is the one section of the park that still works. The backlot was broken, not the front half of the park.
Why get rid of one of the strongest, most underrated, talented group of performers because a Star Wars land is being built in the back corner of the park, you could GOD FORBID have both. Funny concept I know.
The March of the First Order draws bigger crowds:

And they have both...for now. But as Captain Phasma says, "Clear the way!"

GholsHost

The March of the First Order draws bigger crowds:

And they have both...for now. But as Captain Phasma says, "Clear the way!"

Kind of hard to ignore when they shoo everyone off of Hollywood Blvd., the main and only road into the park, and then present the show on a big ol' stage in the center of the park. The Citizens draw a good sized crowd, with less fanfare and a tiny sound system, for every show I've seen. And, each show is unique and showcases actual talent.

munchiezxx

do you think they’ll be phasing all of them out eventually? like was this /just/ for budget reasons or for the intention of getting rid of them altogether? if that makes any sense

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom