News Cuts to Citizens of Hollywood

mergatroid

From the lovely actress who plays Paige Turner

Sometimes life takes unexpected turns.
For 18 years I was able to create a character, make the funny and entertain thousands of people on the streets of Hollywood Studios. Today I was informed I will no longer be doing that on a regular basis. It has truly been an honor and a pleasure. I look forward to what the future holds. I’m so grateful for my amazingly supportive husband, family and friends. To my cast, we have been through so much this year and I appreciate each of you. Much love!
Paige Turner 4eva!
I wanted to add in case there is any confusion. The Citizens of Hollywood are remaining at HS. It’s just me and a few others that will not frequent the street on a regular basis. Thank you everybody for your support. I’m overwhelmed with all the love!

Last edited:

mergatroid

And from the husband of the actress who plays Dorma

Today my darling and talented wife the a-Dorma-ble Dorma Nesmond lost her contract. I know her ageless brand will be missed by many as she will miss the everyday antics of a 13 yr run with some amazing performers and friends.
What a grand time she has had! Dorma Nesmond’s Hollywood Studios show closes Sept 29. She will miss it dearly! Except for the shoes.

habuma

The Citizens draw a good sized crowd, with less fanfare and a tiny sound system, for every show I've seen. And, each show is unique and showcases actual talent.

We dedicate a good chunk of our DHS days to avoiding the March of the First Order (it was neat the first time or two but got old after that) and to chasing down the CoH to see their shows. Thankful we were able to see all four of these Citizens on our trip a couple of weeks ago.

durangojim

...while sipping a cold drink through a plastic straw.
I’m not sure what that’s in reference to, but we actually enjoy sipping martinis ;).
C19593CD-B6E2-47DC-8680-1403DDB862F2.jpeg

GholsHost

We dedicate a good chunk of our DHS days to avoiding the March of the First Order (it was neat the first time or two but got old after that) and to chasing down the CoH to see their shows. Thankful we were able to see all four of these Citizens on our trip a couple of weeks ago.
:joyfull: My DH and I do the exact same thing!

mergatroid

I doubt Disney will get rid of the COH completely, that would be madness. I'm not happy about these cuts but can only hope that even though they're on zero hours contracts, that those involved will still get many hours in the busier weeks. This has happened before but I can't remember whether they brought those 'cut' back, or whether what we have now is less than before those 'cuts'?

Paige Turner getting less hours will be the biggest miss for me, she's one of those characters whose real 'niceness' comes through the character she plays. She's also heavily involved in helping animals in her spare time and works tirelessly to give or find them loving homes, a lovely human being for that alone.

mm52200

Original Poster
I doubt Disney will get rid of the COH completely, that would be madness. I'm not happy about these cuts but can only hope that even though they're on zero hours contracts, that those involved will still get many hours in the busier weeks. This has happened before but I can't remember whether they brought those 'cut' back, or whether what we have now is less than before those 'cuts'?

Paige Turner getting less hours will be the biggest miss for me, she's one of those characters whose real 'niceness' comes through the character she plays. She's also heavily involved in helping animals in her spare time and works tirelessly to give or find them loving homes, a lovely human being for that alone.
I appreciate your optimism and the Citizens are my favorite show and thing at Walt Disney World, but I wouldn’t put it past them eventually cutting the whole show. They’ve cut down to almost nothing now, public works is gone, modern film crew, they continually cut citizens, there’s not much left to “trim”.
Sometimes performers get their contracts back, they frequently work despite not having hours guaranteed or a contract...but people need stability in their life and need to know they are financially secure.

asianway

I appreciate your optimism and the Citizens are my favorite show and thing at Walt Disney World, but I wouldn’t put it past them eventually cutting the whole show. They’ve cut down to almost nothing now, public works is gone, modern film crew, they continually cut citizens, there’s not much left to “trim”.
Sometimes performers get their contracts back, they frequently work despite not having hours guaranteed or a contract...but people need stability in their life and need to know they are financially secure.
It’s only a matter of time sadly

geekza

I miss the old Magic Kingdom opening show at the train station. The Main St. actors were awesome and made opening something special. I know they're still around occasionally on Main St., but it's not the same. The new opening sucks and blocks off the castle. One of the most magical things at MK was starting the day walking through the castle into Fantasyland. They've steadily cut a lot of live entertainers over the decades, sadly.

Edited for correction. New opening show still sucks.

Last edited:

asianway

I miss the old Magic Kingdom opening show at the train station. The Main St. actors were awesome and made opening something special. I know they're still around occasionally on Main St., but it's not the same. The new opening sucks and blocks off the castle. One of the most magical things at MK was starting the day walking through the castle into Fantasyland. They've steadily cut a lot of live entertainers over the decades, sadly.
Main St actors have not been cut at all. They are out daily on the same schedule as always

mm52200

Original Poster
The castle literally is open the second the show ends. Like the opening rope drop crowd goes through the castle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom