News Cuts to Citizens of Hollywood

DougK

One of the few things I enjoy about DHS being destroyed. I just don't understand why people who suggest these cuts aren't instantly fired from the company. What kind of idiot thinks cutting entertainment acts from an entertainment company is a good idea?! Welcome to Disney 2k18, where you're only requirement to be a leader is to hate entertainment.

A very wealthy Disney management idiot that's who.*

* Please note I am not singling out any one person. There are plenty of wealthy Disney management people out there. Some of them are idiots.

mergatroid

I often wonder whether they measure the number of people who watch the various 'shows' the COH put on? I'm aware they also wonder about and interact with individual visitors at times, but the 'shows' they do always attract a smaller number of guests than they deserve. I hope along with saving money that this wasn't factored in because those who stand to watch their performances always seem to love them. They don't get loads but you really can't measure the happiness those watching get, it's something really special. As AP holders we've sometimes gone in and just watched the COH and left and felt complete satisfaction with our visit such is the enjoyment they provide.

asianway

Their contracts run April-April for a year. Negotiations and renewals usually happen in Feb/March.
The four being cut were let out of their contracts 6-7 months early.
How much money are they possibly saving? I thought those contracts were gold

mm52200

Original Poster
How much money are the possible saving? I thought those contracts were gold
Apparently there must be language in the contract that allows this to happen somehow.
I know when a show is closing this can happen but this is strange in that the show is continuing on but just letting four people out of their fulltime contracts early.

geekza

I can only speak from my own experience with entertainment contacts, but most of them have a clause in them that allows the producing entity to cancel them at any time. They're more along the lines of "this is what we expect of you and what we will pay you during the period covered by the contract, but we can get rid of you if we want."

mergatroid

I can only speak from my own experience with entertainment contacts, but most of them have a clause in them that allows the producing entity to cancel them at any time. They're more along the lines of "this is what we expect of you and what we will pay you during the period covered by the contract, but we can get rid of you if we want."

I suppose in that industry the performers would happily jump ship if a film or tv offer came along so I suppose the employer (Disney) looks at it like it works until one party wants out and all is fair?

Still not happy about it myself though, at least Betty and Evie will be there in 2 weeks when we arrive though.

geekza

I suppose in that industry the performers would happily jump ship if a film or tv offer came along so I suppose the employer (Disney) looks at it like it works until one party wants out and all is fair?

Still not happy about it myself though, at least Betty and Evie will be there in 2 weeks when we arrive though.
Oh, no. The performer is bound for the length of the contract. The producing organization can fire you whenever they want. Nothing fair, I assure you.

Phil12

Kind of hard to ignore when they shoo everyone off of Hollywood Blvd., the main and only road into the park, and then present the show on a big ol' stage in the center of the park. The Citizens draw a good sized crowd, with less fanfare and a tiny sound system, for every show I've seen. And, each show is unique and showcases actual talent.
The Stormtroopers are very talented:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom