Cuts coming to every area of parks and resorts - thanks to Shanghai and Paris

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yeah he's SUCH a loser, That's why a single share of BRKA is trading for $202,505 today.... Plus taking a loss also means he still knows how to take risks, Something that Iger and Co cannot do.

He's not infallible (or inflatablee either). BRKA doesnt hold any major holdings of pure entertainment companies... the closest was DirectTV and that turned into AT&T.

Cesar R M

At one time Disney was a company who managed their products and services to give the best customer experience possible, i.e. managed like a luxury brand. Now Disney is simply just another multi-national real estate and IP holding company managed by a management team which does not give a whit about customer service or experience it's simply managed to maximize their portfolio value.

The irony here is now Disney is priced like a luxury brand, yet managed like a bottom tier retail brand.
I actually find also ironic that Walmart is now offering more money to their employees.
Its like.. "Wow, Now Disney doesnt even offer Walmart quality!".
What is worse than Walmart that we can use to compare now?

note2001

Anyone know if other parks receive cuts if WDW needs more money? Or, is WDW just the go-to for bailing out the other parks?

Brad Bishop

I looked it up today: I can get an annual pass to the Busch parks (Busch Gardens Tampa and Williamsburg, the Sea Worlds (FL, TX, & CA) and their water parks (not really into that but still) for $216. Also includes free parking and discounts in their parks.

I live in Atlanta so that's a pretty good option for me. I can get to either one within a day's drive (Busch Gardens, that is) and I can check out Sea World while in FL.. I may just do that this year.

Cesar R M

Speaking of cuts, did they finally say the full lists of what entertainment areas will be cut heavily?
Will these CMS be replaced by ones that will be working on ROL and the new Castle shows? or the NET number of CM will not recover?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
The problem with this strategy is it ALWAYS ends in bankruptcy, I'll once again quote the Sage of Omaha "If you manage only for the bottom line, Soon you will not have a bottom line to manage" - Warren Buffet. Disney has done SQUAT to improve top line revenues under Iger relying instead on cuts and accounting tricks.
Sorry but you have been incorrect with anything Finance/Money related. I hope people truly take your comments with grain of salt.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I looked it up today: I can get an annual pass to the Busch parks (Busch Gardens Tampa and Williamsburg, the Sea Worlds (FL, TX, & CA) and their water parks (not really into that but still) for $216. Also includes free parking and discounts in their parks.

I live in Atlanta so that's a pretty good option for me. I can get to either one within a day's drive (Busch Gardens, that is) and I can check out Sea World while in FL.. I may just do that this year.
In theory that sounds good, but you will be bored the 2nd time you use your pass. I have done this in the past (from Atlanta too) because we thought there was true value there but simply ran out of things to do.

Brad Bishop

In theory that sounds good, but you will be bored the 2nd time you use your pass. I have done this in the past (from Atlanta too) because we thought there was true value there but simply ran out of things to do.

For me Busch Gardens Williamsburg is a great park (well, was - I think I was there 25 years ago so a lot has changed). Busch Gardens Tampa - not so much 25 years ago (used to live in Tampa) but it looks like they've made a lot of improvements over the 2.5 decades.

Sea World is another one where, yeah, I'll look at the animals but it's not a repeat-park for me (some of the newer rides look pretty good). If I hit all three parks this year then I'm not complaining. I don't know that I'd have a pass to Busch Gardens Tampa if I lived there now. I'd probably want to check it out, first. Kind of like Six Flags Over Georgia. It's nice that it's here but, you're right, you do get bored going to them over and over.

I did have a pass to BGW back in the day and I really enjoyed that.

Goofyernmost

You man "was". everything seem to be changing to WTDC to just Disney Company.
I guess they want to remove the man from the equation at all costs now.
Actually nature removed him from the equation 50 years ago. Still it goes on. When you think about it, it really hasn't been the Walt Disney Company since that sad day. Currently calling it the Disney Company in no way disrespects him. There are about two generations of guests now that wouldn't know Walt Disney if he walked up to them and slapped them in the face. That will happen just as soon as Trump buys the parks. The Trump Company... Donald Trump World... Trumpland... then it becomes an issue.

SoccerMickey

I apologize in advance if this has already been brought up and if it has then please feel free to ignore or delete but is it possible that Paris and Shanghai are just being scapegoats for the cuts and the real cuts are coming from all this increased security Disney is adding to the parks and Disney Springs? I can see where Disney would not like to publicly state that they need extra security, which costs money, because it could result in a backlash of people not coming due to the fear of "well if it's so unsafe that they need all this extra security then I'm not coming."

Cesar R M

Actually nature removed him from the equation 50 years ago. Still it goes on. When you think about it, it really hasn't been the Walt Disney Company since that sad day. Currently calling it the Disney Company in no way disrespects him. There are about two generations of guests now that wouldn't know Walt Disney if he walked up to them and slapped them in the face. That will happen just as soon as Trump buys the parks. The Trump Company... Donald Trump World... Trumpland... then it becomes an issue.
I mean his ideals and what the company represented, not his "human" form.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Sorry but you have been incorrect with anything Finance/Money related. I hope people truly take your comments with grain of salt.

Right like bailing out of DIS when it hit 119 and subsequently tanked after holding DIS stock for a very long time. Feel sorry for for the suckers who BOUGHT at 119...

Goofyernmost

I mean his ideals and what the company represented, not his "human" form.
Yes, I know that, but, that isn't reality. His ideals and what the company represented have altered along with the times. The people that currently run Disney, 50 years later, seem to be very successfully doing so. They have no need to be overly concerned about "how Walt would have done it" because it is humming along pretty well without him. Disney is a brand. It's past is the past. New people have no idea that anything was different and those that think they do, have a very distorted memory of how it was anyway. Walt started it yes, but, like others (Henry Ford for example) he no longer has his hand on the wheel. He gave them a base and if we are really honest about it, they have kept to that base fairly close. Look at the parks themselves. They are anything but disasters, they have kept that look and that feel that everyone calls magic. Most of the new visitors have no idea what that means, so what they do see is magic to them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom