Cuts coming to every area of parks and resorts - thanks to Shanghai and Paris

Buried20KLeague

I always wondered why I saw so many from the UK when I go to WDW... I kept thinking to myself, why would you fly all the way over here when you have a Disney that is just a train ride away... Is Disney Paris that bad? or is it really just horrible weather that causes people to avoid it.

I'm not from the UK, but I've gotta say that I'd be there all the time if I were a couple hours away via train. We made the trip from the states in 2009 and we really loved the differences.

Their version of Pirates is AMAZING (worth the flight itself), plus Phantom Manor, and if you don't mind a severe case of whiplash their Space Mountain is awesome. That's just a few that jump out at me. But there were a lot of neat little differences here and there all over the park. Then in the other park, Crush's Coaster was neat, and it was fun riding a different version of Rock N Roller Coaster (if it's even the same anymore?). A couple of the shows there were really cool too, plus now they have the Rat.

The weather was no good. That's for sure. I could see that complaint. But it wouldn't be a deal killer for me. Lines weren't too bad during the Spring Break period we went. Park upkeep was PRETTY good, although some animatronics had noticeable problems that weren't fixed for the entire duration of our trip. Buzz stayed behind a curtain the entire time we were there for example.

But I thought there was a lot to like about their castle park. The other park was pretty thin. But I understand it's a bit better now.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I always wondered why I saw so many from the UK when I go to WDW... I kept thinking to myself, why would you fly all the way over here when you have a Disney that is just a train ride away... Is Disney Paris that bad? or is it really just horrible weather that causes people to avoid it.
For a lot of Brits its the American thing, not just the Disney thing. Multiple parks. Palm trees. White sand beaches. Cheap plentiful food. Denny's. Wendy's. Big cars. 100 degree heat guaranteed.

Though DLP is the best themed park offering for Europe.

peter11435

Check the thread those cuts have already been discussed by others on the inside

I'm sorry that your golden idol is turning out to be gilded clay. And I'm really sorry for the average guest who is going to be receiving a far diminished experience from what they would have had a year ago.
I'm well aware of what cuts have taken place. And I'm not happy about them. But you have zero knowledge about most of the things you post. Your uninformed hyperbole and misinformation stated as facts is unnecessary. I feel sorry for people who read your posts and think you have a clue what you're talking about. You are not nearly as knowledgeable as you think you are.

ToTBellHop

Art of Animation.

Had to get pool towels from the concierge desk. I thought the concierge obtained tough to get tickets. Have pool towels become a concierge level experience?
Towels at the pool were cut at the values several years back. There is usually a note in your room telling you to use your room towels. Towels are still provided pool-side at mods and deluxes.

FrankLapidus

Speaking for myself, WDW is just the better destination.

I like Paris but when I take everything into account (price of travel, holiday expenditure, things to do), WDW just offers me and my family better value for our money.

The Empress Lilly

What's the reason for this when the company has record performance in Q1? Overseas parks. Specially Shanghai's cost over-runs, and continuing poor performance of Disneyland Paris - which has increased further with the terrorist attacks.
No, the reason isn't Paris and Shanghai. The reason is the corporate goal to maintain exorbitant overall profit level of P&R.

Likewise, the reason for buying a $450k SUV is not 'to drive the kids to school', even if that is what you use it for. The reason is ostentatious spending.

Incidentally, DLP was packed last week, even in the cold and wet snow of February. I was mortified.

Jon81uk

DLP is fine. But Florida has eight theme parks, six water parks and sunshine.

Miss Heinous

They didn't. She's full of it.
Yes they did for your information because we asked. My family goes to the parks several times a month and we have friends who work there. But whatever, don't take my word for it just because you don't like me.

EVIDENCE:
columbia-harbour-house-dinner-menu.jpg

o.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom