Currently...What's the best VALUE Resort on WDW Property?

Hello Everybody! :wave:

I'm going to Walt Disney World over the weekend...Yes, Im gonna get in with those crowds! So I am deciding on which VALUE resort to choose, I understand that there isnt much at these hotels but which ones have the best rooms and food courts? Please respond!:sohappy: I need your help! :cry: Thanks! :)

-BAJA:)

MotoDisney

I've stayed at the All Star Movies Resort. I really like the theming. All the rooms are the same size at the resorts unless you get a suite I believe. I have not stayed at Pop Century but I understand it's similar but newer and differently themed. Alot of people seem to enjoy it. I know at the All Star Resorts the bus goes to all 3 so it can add some extra time on transportation if that's an issue for you. I'm sure others will be along shortly to assist as well. Have a good trip.

Upvote 0

natalia1681

Pop! Hands down it is my favorite! I have stayed there three times in the last 2 years. It is wonderful! Pay for the premium room! The shorter walk is such a blessing! Hope you have fun!

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Without a doubt, it's Pop. It's the newest, has its own bus line, has the best food court of the values, and is the most centrally located.

I'm staying at All Star Sports in May, but call every day hoping against hope there is a cancellation at Pop so I can stay there instead.

Upvote 0

Escarabaja06

Original Poster
Hi Everybody, It's me again!
Okay so after I posted this, I started my research to find the best value rooms. I recently went on ALLEARSNET.com and looked at Deb's room pictures and I was curious about the really nice refurbished rooms at All-Star Music, http://allearsnet.com/acc/g_asmu.htm ...so I called the All-Star Music for myself and asked which buildings had these nice rooms. So this is the info, the refurbished rooms are in buildings, Jazz and Calypso. And the new suites are in buildings 2,9,10. All other buildings in Jazz and Calypso have the refurbished standard rooms. The lady was very nice to help me and I got to listen to Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion music...BONUS! So I think I am probably going with a Jazz room. So if anybody has stayed in these new rooms let me know! Thanks!
-BAJA

Upvote 0

BRER DAD

I love All Star sports, But Pop is great too. Make sure you pay the extra ten dollars for prefered room..........makes a hugh difference. Enjoy!!:wave:

Upvote 0

pinkstar15

To tell you the truth, i know everyone loves pop but when i stayed there i really didnt like. I went in the summer and it was very crowded and noisy. The food court was always packed especially in the morning and check in was really slow. I think it was good to go once but i dont think i want to go back. pop may have just been a shock to me since i had only been to moderate resorts before that and i know those are a lot less croweded. I'm thinking of staying at music this year so hopefully it is quieter than pop.
I hope this helps and have fun on your trip!

Upvote 0

b101abe

I have stayed at Pop a couple of years ago in a Prefered Room. During Peak Times the resort was very busy and bus's were full during peak times only. Also the Pop seemed far from many of the resorts. I booked Riverside for a trip in July, wondering if anyone thinks upgrading to a Deluxe Resort might be worth the money?

Upvote 0

LeeSeeBabe

POP! POP! POP!

I've never had a problem with checking in, but I always check-in at night. Food Court has always looked crowded to me, but then when I get in there I only wait a couple minutes. It must be said though, that my boyfriend and I don't hit the mad rush of breakfast-eaters in the morning.

We ARE talking about Value Resorts, and you get what you pay for! I'd much rather have a couple extra days or a couple fancier dinners than a shorter trip for a nicer room. IMHO

All of that being said, I do stay at POFQ and POR more than I stay at Values, but when I do stay at a value (my next trip), I pick POP!

Upvote 0

scpergj

We love the POP, for a value. We stayed there three times last year...the last time in October, and had a non-prefered room for the first time. I agree with the person that said to spend the extra $10 for it...the walk from our car to the room, or the food court to the room, was over 5 minutes at a pretty good pace (60's building, along the path around Hourglass Lake). The food court does tend to be really busy, but we only ate breakfast there (and usually only once per trip). We tried to pack as much park time into our little weekend trips as we could.

My wife and I did splurge and spend a weekend at the Boardwalk, but that was without kids. Oh, and the kids favorite value is the POP (since it's the first on property resort they ever stayed in, the weekend after it opened in December 2003!). If you like sweets, be sure to try the Twinkie Tiramisu....mmmm!

We also prefer the moderates, but we had a few last minute trips last year and the best availability was at POP.

Kevin

Upvote 0

pescador1f

Pop

it grew on me, didnt care for it my first time there, i was always a all star movie/music loyalist. now i like POP better, better location, theming is just as good, better busing. i like the lake in the middle of current and future hotels, very quiet isolated spot, you can feed the turtles and ducks.:drevil:

Upvote 0

Mikester71

What sections of the POP are the preferred ones? I know last month we were stuck in the 60's section (bowling pin area), which I expected because we didn't order a preferred room, but after having some trouble with our rooms and keys and all that, they switched us to the 90's area (where the big laptop is) facing the pool. Last time we were in the 80's section with the Rubix Cube stairs.

Were we upgraded to compensate us for our troubles or is this usually not a preferred area either? Also, I would love to stay in those rooms again when we go back in 2 years and was wondering if you get charged extra for requesting certain rooms before you arrive to check in.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Hello Everybody! :wave:

I'm going to Walt Disney World over the weekend...Yes, Im gonna get in with those crowds! So I am deciding on which VALUE resort to choose, I understand that there isnt much at these hotels but which ones have the best rooms and food courts? Please respond!:sohappy: I need your help! :cry: Thanks! :)

-BAJA:)

Quick answer: Pop.

Long answer: You're still PLANNING to go to WDW, THIS weekend, EASTER WEEKEND, the busiest-or-second-busiest time of the year to go, and you're planning to stay at the most affordable resorts during one of the most expensive times to go?

PLANNING???

NOW???

CALL THEM NOW AND COUNT YOURSELF LUCKY IF THEY HAVE ANYTHING IN A VALUE RESORT FOR THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!! Hell, count yourself lucky if they ANYTHING ANYWHERE!!! A few months ago was the time to be choosy, not now!

Upvote 0

ImaYoyo

Yeah, I agree with above... have you checked availability first? If you find ANYTHING, consider yourself the luckiest girl on earth. For the past two weeks and the next week and 1/2, all rooms have been booked for over 2 months. Anything available would be cancelations and one-offs.

Upvote 0

Escarabaja06

Original Poster
I did actually! I booked for next weekend! Check on Orbitz.com ...We are staying in the nice new rooms at Music! We have tickets for La Nouba and its gonna be great! So I guess I am the luckiest girl...

-BAJA

Upvote 0

Budahman

POP..

I've been there about 7 times and enjoyed it everytime. Also, AKL (deluxe) is great, and its my favorite to date. LOVE that place.......but love PP too. Dont forget to go do the hustle dance in the lobby. LOL FUN!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom