Curious: How many of you have been on a cruise (NON-Disney Cruise)

musketeer

Original Poster
I am curious because I used to think that the only kind of vacation I wanted to take was a Disney vacation, until I took a cruise. (It wasn't a Disney Cruise either). Now, I wouldn't be upset if I ever really went back to Disney World, so I'm wondering if this is how anyone else feels.

SpongeScott

musketeer said:
I am curious because I used to think that the only kind of vacation I wanted to take was a Disney vacation, until I took a cruise. (It wasn't a Disney Cruise either). Now, I wouldn't be upset if I ever really went back to Disney World, so I'm wondering if this is how anyone else feels.
I haven't been on one (planning to in three years), but there are other vacation options and it's okay to take one. I'm assuming this was a recent vacation for you. I'm sure the Disney bug will come back and hit you at a later time.

Chernabog

I have been on two seprate cruises. One with Big Red Boat back in 2000 before they went bankrupt and then another one this past May with Royal Carribbean. I really enjoyed both of them and highly reccommned the experiance to all my friends, however it hasn't taken the place of Disney for me. In fact, I enjoyed the cruises so much that I look forward to taking a Disney cruise to see how they do things differently. The cruise was fun but it just wasn't the "magical" place Disney is. This is just my opinion though. But, like I said, if anyone hasn't taken a cruise and needs new vacation ideas then take a cruise. They're amazing! :sohappy:

wedway71

been on 2

went on 2 both carnival-once to mexico other to bahamsa.for as long time i had no interest on going on a cruise but wife insisted we go and -I LOVED IT! even though it was not the disney cruise i had such a winderful time both times.its veryhard to explain it but when ur on a huge ship like that its a different experience.-its all inclusice except alcoholic drinks and soda-they give u juice or tea which tastes like sea water to me but other wife had a great time.-when we did the 2nd cruise we left from port canavral and our ship was right next to the disney cruise line ships and i was envious and said time we do it disney style.as much as i love disney and I LOVE DISNEY its sometimes a nice little diversion to do a cruise on years vacation to experienc other things in life.

flowerlady

Hello...I really have to say that both types of vacations are wonderful cause they each are so different than the other.

I have been on two (non-disney) cruises and have had a fantastic time on each. However, that doesnt quench my longing to visit all my favorite rides and Disney characters every few years. I always end up needing a disney fix.....

pinkrose

We went on a 7 day Carnival Cruise for our honeymoon. It was so much fun! We had some really fun people at our table each meal and I don't think I'd ever laughed so much in my life.

K-dub

DW & I went on a Princess Lines 10 day cruise quite a few years ago. We had a blast!!

Still, I never recommend cruising to anyone that doesn't express a desire to cruise first. The possibility of a person being miserable the entire cruise due to motion sickness is just too great without me being the one that suggested it to them.

Even with the Trans-Scope patches available, some folx just don't overcome the sea-sickness effects. Also, lots of people are not willing to refrain from drinking alcohol, (one of the contra-indications), while using the Scopalamine patches on their cruise.

MagicalMonorail

I went on the "Happiest cruise that ever sailed"........ Oh wait, that's Disney.

I've been on the Big Red Boat, which had all the Looney Toons on it. I also went on the Carnival Fantasy. And of course, I've been on the Disney Magic. The Bahamas is a really nice place IMO, but it would be nice to see other places on a cruise.

Debbie

I went on the Sovereign of the Seas in 1990, when it was one of the biggest out there. I had seasickness really bad and almost got off in San Juan. Luckily someone had an extra patch and instantly I felt better (only my vision was blurred, I couldn't see up close). Cruising is very nice, and relaxing and I'm willing to do it again someday. For now, I'm grateful to make it to WDW once a year.

Number_6

I went on the Royal Caribbean cruise that was Boston to Bermuda. The night before we arrived in Bermuda, the island was hit by two hurricanes, Chris(my uncle's name) and Debbie(my mom's name). The cruise was okay, but since I spent most of my time in the small arcade that they had, I really did get bored pretty quick. I was still in High School at the time, so even when we got to the island, I couldn't really pick where we were going, I pretty much went where my parents wanted to. Maybe I would have more fun now, but I just couldn't say. Besides, I hate having to wear a tie and jacket to dinner. Of course, now I would show up in my kilt. :D

MomofKatie

7 years ago, DH and I went on a cruise with my best friend and her 2 year old. We booked the brand new Disney cruise, but the launch date got pushed back, and we had to change to the Big Red Boat line. It was fun, but I really wish we could have gone on the Disney Cruise. I was pregnant with DD, and the launch date of Disney cruises was too late- I wouldn't have been able to go then- too far along.

Cruises are fun- I liked the experience. DH- not so much. He felt that his time was too structured.

ditzeechick02

I went on the Big Red Boat when it had Disney Characters on it back in like 93. It was fun and I can't wait to go on another cruise. I don't know if I want to do the Disney Cruise though.. I mean I want to, but not for my next cruise, I don't want all the children running around lol! But I'm sure you'll want to go back to Disney sooner or later! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom