Cupcakes & Margaritas.A Disney Vacation With Magical Moments.

Once upon a time,in a land far far away,lived a dreamer. He dreamt of a land where people of many nations got on with each other,where nothing was a problem.Infact it was like Utopia. After travelling millions of miles,he at last found this place.And Altho it took him 52 years to find it,he was finally at peace,oh the place! WDW. This trip report starts soon,so look out for " Cupcakes & Margaritas " coming to your screens soon.:)

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Day 4....Well it was another 6.30am riser for AK and KS was our first ride,great seeing the animals just strolling around then it was Bugs Life and we had to do Festival of the Lion King. I must admit AK is our least favourite park,so after checking out what we wanted to see we went off to downtown Disney for some shopping.After that it was lunch at WPE with myself having Meatloaf wrapped in bacon,DW opted for Salmon,and DS had a pizza,great value on the QS plan.after lunch it was chill out and swim time back at RS.Later on that night we headed for HS for Fantasmic,great show as ever,so back to RS for another good nights sleep.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Day 5....Once again it was 6.30 am this time for the rope drop at MK. We got there in plenty of time for the opening ceremony.Another breakfast at Main St bakery with coffee & buns,the weather was again very hot & humid so we just done our own things,jungle cruise,pirates,haunted mansion,small world,and one of my favs,Mickeys philamagic.Then as we turned a corner between fantasyland & tomorrow there she stood,all 5 foot of her Princess Merida.So after a 10min wait in the queue I got to meet her.And in my broadest Scottish accent I asked her " How's my Bonnie lass this morning?" She smiled and asked what my clan was,to which I replied,Royal Stewart of course,anyway she was very pleasant.For lunch we ate at CHH.And at noon we headed back to PORS for our swim & chill out period.We had our first ADR at T-Rex that night,8.00pm and were sitted in the ice blue cave room.We shared the Artifact stack of onion rings,yummy,DS opted for the New York Strip,DW had a combo of surf & turf,which was steak & shrimp,and I had the T - Bone.The only thing none of us liked was the waffle fries,ugh.We had a couple of beers and finished with cocktails.They were very strong,and they gave you 2 cocktail glasses in boxes as Souviners.All in all,the meal was very enjoyable,not fine dining by any means,but we already knew that.The theme of Dino's everywhere had the kids bouncing but hey,that's a part of the magic of Disney.A nice boat ride up the sassagoula river to our resort winded up a good if not hectic day.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Hatter! Glad to be hearing from you on a regular basis again. I' m enjoying the tr very much and it Sounds like not only did you beat the heat, but you kicked all the park's a$$es as well! Keep rolling with it brother!

MouseDreaming

I've been waiting for this TR! Sounds great, so far. Can't wait for some pictures.

How was your attempt at home made Tonga Toast? I'm guessing that, much like the favorites I try to make at home, it was good, but something was missing. (That would be me missing WDW, and not anything in the recipe.) Just doesn't taste the same when it isn't at Disney. *sigh*

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Day 6...Well no Surprise to our 6.30am wake up call for Epcot.We got right in front of queue and got " happy ever after " pins from the CM.We headed for "Soarin" & got our FP for later.Had our breakfast at SS then headed for MS. We also hit Cool Wash for our sips of world drinks,I liked the one with a ginger taste to it,can't remember which country it was.So we done Captain EO,Spaceship earth,figment,Nemo & friends,back to Soarin,then Soarin again ( you guessed it,my Fav ) so at noon,once again we headed back to our resort for a swim & chill out with lunch at food court.After a siesta in our room with our batteries fully charged we made our way to MK. We decided to give Cosmic Rays a try and we enjoyed it,I had a mango & lime sorbet for dessert which was awesome,even Sonny Eclipse sounded good that night.As usual we took in Wishes this time from the railroad platform,then off to catch the bus back to PORS.A couple of cool beers from our room fridge finished off another magical day as day 7 was just 7 hours away.

ishmael0316

So jealous Hatter! I cannot wait to meet Merida! I have not eaten at Cosmic Ray's, but with all the great reviews lately, I think I will give it a go this time around! Thanks for the report, can't wait for more!

Pooh'sBuddy

OK, Hatter, I have to admit it. I am totally obsessed with your having priority viewing for Illuminations. Please indulge me. It all came about because you called to make your ADR for Via Napoli and your CM offered you a 12 digit code to give them at the stand at R&C? Which day was this? I'll patiently wait.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
OK, Hatter, I have to admit it. I am totally obsessed with your having priority viewing for Illuminations. Please indulge me. It all came about because you called to make your ADR for Via Napoli and your CM offered you a 12 digit code to give them at the stand at R&C? Which day was this? I'll patiently wait.
I had to phone dining reservations on the 180 day Mark as the system was down,I made 3 ADRS for T-Rex,Cali Grill,and Via ?Napoli.When I finished the CM on the phone asked if I was staying at Epcot to watch illuminations,when I said yes,she then checked for that night for priority seating and gave me this number 4202 3112 4536 and our ADR reference was 4202 3112 9044 for Via Napoli,then she checked for Wishes and gave us priority seating on the 17th July with a reference number 4202 3113 6524,we did not have any ADR for MK on that night.On both nights they were plenty of spaces left at both MK and Epcot,our viewing spots were in front of Rose & Crown and where they have the dessert party.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Day 7....it's another 6.30am rise and off to HS where we tried Starring rolls cafe for breakfast and there we saw them.The awesome cupcakes.I had the red velvet and DW had the buttercup one,DS just had a cookie.I promise photos to follow.The texture of both cupcakes were so yummy and filling,so after our usual trip around doing TSMM and ST and little mermaid,lights motors action,backlot tour,and shopping,it was noon once more so we jumped on the boat for a trip to Epcot,after more shopping at mouse gears,using our 20% discount voucher,we headed back for our swim & chill out period.Later on after lunch at PORS,we headed for Epcot and took in the tribute band Lyn skyn outfit Southbound & company,a standing ovation for " Freebird" it was off to Liberty Inn for some food,burgers,dogs,& fries,then off to Mexico to La Cava for Margaritas,I opted for the cucumber & DW had the blood orange,both were very good,tho I prefered my next one,the jalapeño which had a kick to it.By now it was time for the bus back for a good nights sleep.

Pooh'sBuddy

I had to phone dining reservations on the 180 day Mark as the system was down,I made 3 ADRS for T-Rex,Cali Grill,and Via ?Napoli.When I finished the CM on the phone asked if I was staying at Epcot to watch illuminations,when I said yes,she then checked for that night for priority seating and gave me this number 4202 3112 4536 and our ADR reference was 4202 3112 9044 for Via Napoli,then she checked for Wishes and gave us priority seating on the 17th July with a reference number 4202 3113 6524,we did not have any ADR for MK on that night.On both nights they were plenty of spaces left at both MK and Epcot,our viewing spots were in front of Rose & Crown and where they have the dessert party.

Oh, totally wow! That sounds so magical. I've never heard of anybody being offered this before. Thank you for retelling your experience for me. ♥

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom