Cupcakes & Margaritas.A Disney Vacation With Magical Moments.

Once upon a time,in a land far far away,lived a dreamer. He dreamt of a land where people of many nations got on with each other,where nothing was a problem.Infact it was like Utopia. After travelling millions of miles,he at last found this place.And Altho it took him 52 years to find it,he was finally at peace,oh the place! WDW. This trip report starts soon,so look out for " Cupcakes & Margaritas " coming to your screens soon.:)

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Any recommendations for dogs at Casey's? I am trying those this trip! Did you do the Dole Whips or floats? I can't decide which one to start with, guess I better get both....you know......for research. :)
Did both doles & floats,to be honest,we loved them both,hard to decide which was best.As far as Caseys dogs,I had the BBQ Slaw dog & fries.It was really good but messy,take lots of napkins for your face,DW opted for the chilli dog,also good and not as messy.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Well the dole whips are awesome as are the floats,I had the slaw dog,talk about messy,and DW had chilli,and DS had a plain.all dogs were good.The Hess is small and part of a gas station but has plenty of beer.18 bottles for $14.99.If your at the rear of Planet Hollywood where the bus depot is,just walk up towards the main road.10 min walk.

Both of those look great from pics ive seen good to hear they are as good to eat!

And cheers for that although i wont be buying Coors :p

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Day 3...Actually today was early hours at Epcot,not AK, so as usual the wake up call from Mickey & friends at 6.30am had us leaping out of bed,a quick shower,and down to the east depot for the bus at 0715.We arrived at 0730 and were first in line at the turnstile,a family behind us were ready to hit Test Track until I informed them it was closed," where did you hear that" he asked me! Phew,did he forget to do his planning or what.Anyway the usual "good morning " countdown in various languages and we were off to Soarin' and a FP for later,the best screen is concourse 1 and row A in the front so you don't see feet danglin down.When we came off we went for breakfast to SS and had the bounty platter which had bacon,eggs,sausage,grits,scone,and wait for it,Tonga toast,Whit! I took a bite and said to my son,try the bread,OMG. We all loved it,first time I've had it,now here's the question? How do you make it? Anyway we done Indiana Jones,little mermaid,Star tours,Soarin again,backlot tour,then by noon after 4 hours it was back to PORS for chill out & swim time.We had lunch at the food court,DW had create your pasta,DS opted for the Muffaletta,and I had BBQ burger with bacon& cheese & fries.Now because we had refillable mugs we got Powerade and Vitiam orange drinks for the fridge which we took to the parks,these are part of your QS meals.That night we headed back to MK and done a variety of rides,at this point I must state Iam still baffled at the amount of people that don't use FP.We got FP for Buzz and when we returned the wait time was 40 mins,we just walked straight past everyone,likewise at Epcot Soarin it was 140 mins wait time,we done FP for Soarin three times one day,with about 5 mins wait time.Anyway back at MK we opted again for CHH for evening meals.The lobster roll was nice but the roll could be improved,again DS had his chicken nuggets and DW had fish basket,with three large cokes and sweets,I love seeing the bill going from $47.50 to zero.Free dining wins all the way.One meal alone at WPE in Downtown was totalling at $66.70 before we handed our KTWC and getting it for zilch.Oh before I forget we used three snacks at Boulangrie Pasterre in France for pastries,filled with fresh cream and gooey chocolate and drizzled honey,it was sticky face time again.We even got to see The Liberty Singers at American Pavilion,a must if you haven't seen them.Back at MK we went to guest relations and presented our 12 digit number for our Priority fireworks viewing and we were seated in the area next to the dessert party right in front of the castle.What a view! That finished that day off in style,back to riverside for sleep time.

Crush Dude!

Day 3...Actually today was early hours at Epcot,not AK, so as usual the wake up call from Mickey & friends at 6.30am had us leaping out of bed,a quick shower,and down to the east depot for the bus at 0715.We arrived at 0730 and were first in line at the turnstile,a family behind us were ready to hit Test Track until I informed them it was closed," where did you hear that" he asked me! Phew,did he forget to do his planning or what.Anyway the usual "good morning " countdown in various languages and we were off to Soarin' and a FP for later,the best screen is concourse 1 and row A in the front so you don't see feet danglin down.When we came off we went for breakfast to SS and had the bounty platter which had bacon,eggs,sausage,grits,scone,and wait for it,Tonga toast,Whit! I took a bite and said to my son,try the bread,OMG. We all loved it,first time I've had it,now here's the question? How do you make it? Anyway we done Indiana Jones,little mermaid,Star tours,Soarin again,backlot tour,then by noon after 4 hours it was back to PORS for chill out & swim time.We had lunch at the food court,DW had create your pasta,DS opted for the Muffaletta,and I had BBQ burger with bacon& cheese & fries.Now because we had refillable mugs we got Powerade and Vitiam orange drinks for the fridge which we took to the parks,these are part of your QS meals.That night we headed back to MK and done a variety of rides,at this point I must state Iam still baffled at the amount of people that don't use FP.We got FP for Buzz and when we returned the wait time was 40 mins,we just walked straight past everyone,likewise at Epcot Soarin it was 140 mins wait time,we done FP for Soarin three times one day,with about 5 mins wait time.Anyway back at MK we opted again for CHH for evening meals.The lobster roll was nice but the roll could be improved,again DS had his chicken nuggets and DW had fish basket,with three large cokes and sweets,I love seeing the bill going from $47.50 to zero.Free dining wins all the way.One meal alone at WPE in Downtown was totalling at $66.70 before we handed our KTWC and getting it for zilch.Oh before I forget we used three snacks at Boulangrie Pasterre in France for pastries,filled with fresh cream and gooey chocolate and drizzled honey,it was sticky face time again.We even got to see The Liberty Singers at American Pavilion,a must if you haven't seen them.Back at MK we went to guest relations and presented our 12 digit number for our Priority fireworks viewing and we were seated in the area next to the dessert party right in front of the castle.What a view! That finished that day off in style,back to riverside for sleep time.
Tonga Toast??? At SS???

Had it got the banana filling???

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Blue moon can be good! How did the weather treat ye this year? Much rain?
We got caught once in a thunderstorm at downtown Disney,3 days in,but apart from that,just the odd heavy burst which we missed,however I did get bitten by Mossies on my legs,can't remember ever been bitten before,left our mossy device at home.Now using stuff from chemist as there itchy as hell.So much for all my planning.

Crush Dude!

We got caught once in a thunderstorm at downtown Disney,3 days in,but apart from that,just the odd heavy burst which we missed,however I did get bitten by Mossies on my legs,can't remember ever been bitten before,left our mossy device at home.Now using stuff from chemist as there itchy as hell.So much for all my planning.

Not too bad at all hope we get on ok with it!

And i hate them, always use a repellant cream!

Vader2112

6laurac

The best thing for 'skeeters-a dryer sheet in your pocket repels them. They drink the Skin So Soft off you like it's nectar. Esp. off Southerners.....

ishmael0316

The best thing for 'skeeters-a dryer sheet in your pocket repels them. They drink the Skin So Soft off you like it's nectar. Esp. off Southerners.....
I will have to try that! Skin So Soft has never worked for me. I think it's because I eat too many of those foods from Crush's list, so my blood is too sweet to resist. ;)

DisneyDebNJ

Day 1..The Arrival..Well where do I start but at the start I suppose.Our flight was on time and touched down at Sanford at approx 14.30 local time,we transferred onto our coach and off we went to the Magic Bubble,as we approached the "Wellcome to WDW" sign,I smiled as the radio on the coach was playing "It's a kinda magic" by Queen. The weather was overcast with light rain but still hot & humid.Anyway when we arrived at PORS our check in took no more than ten minutes to complete and we were booked into Magnolia mansion building.The new renovations are beautiful,Queen beds with headboards depicting characters from "Princess & the Frog",new drapes,curtains,carpets,overhead light,widescreen tv,and dressers.After unpacking faster than the speed of sound,we got our free refillable mugs and I had my first taste of root beer,Ah! I've arrived.So off we went to where else "Magic Kingdom". It was about 7.00pm and quite quiet for July.I stood at the beginning of Main St and just stared at the castle for a few moments.No words can describe this moment,it's like trying to describe Niagra Falls,you just gotta see it to believe it.For our QS meal we opted for CHH and dined upstairs.I had the Shrimp basket & fries,12 juicy plump shrimps in batter,DW had the salmon,and DS had chicken & fries.2 chocolate cakes and 1 apple cake,and 3 large cokes.So after that plus a few rides we called it a day just as Wishes lit up the sky.We knew we had an early start of 6.30am on our official first day.:)
Nothing compares to when the Castle comes into sight the first day. It warms the heart!! The shrimp at CHH is on my to do list this year!! Great start Hatter!!!

ishmael0316

What did you think of the Backlot Tour? In all of my trips we have never been able to try it and I read nothing but bad things on the forums. I still want to give it a try at least once. What are your thoughts?

Crush Dude!

What did you think of the Backlot Tour? In all of my trips we have never been able to try it and I read nothing but bad things on the forums. I still want to give it a try at least once. What are your thoughts?
I know its nothing amazing but we always go on! Nostalgia i think :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom