Cupcakes Delivered to Your Room

lebeau

The Great Cupcake Caper

Hey all,

I have an unusual dilemma hopefully someone can assist me with. On our last trip, my wife fell in love with the chocolate cupcakes (with vanilla frosting) served at the Port Orleans Riverside food court. These are very ordinary cupcakes, but that's what she likes about them. No other cupcake will suffice - a point which she has made abundantly clear over and over again.

We are planning to stay at the Art of Animation Resort this Nov. This puts the Port Orleans cupcakes out of reach. I kid you not, when my wife discovered that the food court at Art of Animation did not serve the exact same cupcakes as Port Orleans Riverside, she went bananas. To the point where I seriously considered switching resorts (which would be difficult since there are 5 of us this time) solely based on the availability of these plain chocolate cupcakes.

We won't have a car. But if we do stick to the plan and stay at Art of Animation, I am seriously considering renting a cab just to run over to Port Orleans and buy some cupcakes. These very specific cupcakes could make or break the trip (then again, if you have read my 2010 trip report, just about anything can tip the apple cart where that is concerned).

I was also wondering if there was any way to have cupcakes from one resort delivered to another. I know Disney will deliver gifts and such to your room. I called the hotline to inquire about having these cupcakes delivered to our room and they were no help at all. They gave me a line for specialty cakes, but they delivered to restaurants rather than in-room deliveries.

I fully suspect that my wife will take one bite of these cupcakes and say they don't live up to her memory of them. But if there is a way for me to deliver the (sure to disappoint) cupcakes and be a hero for 10 seconds without mortgaging the house, I'm game. Any suggestions?

lebeau

Original Poster
You can actually microwave a cupcake in a mug. If you get desperate while you are there, put up a post on how to make a microwave cupcake... and I'll be there for you! (Actually, it's further away to go to Walmart to get the stuff then it is to take the taxi to P.O.)

Yeah, if push comes to shove, I'll stick with the taxi plan. I have heard over and over again that it isn't about the cupcakes. It's "the principle" which basically means "no easy outs" as far as I can tell.

They make a line of them... right now they sell them in a plastic bowl... they come out ok.

Sounds about the same. Use to be a plastic tray. I'm guessing the bowl probably allows for more even cooking. In the tray, parts would be mushy where other parts were like scorched earth. But it was worth it for the quadrant that was properly baked.

11589579.jpg

lol

I wonder if the light bulb is what makes the cupcakes so good...

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Oh, the Easy Bake oven has me cracking up! I can just see the post in the TR now... "We missed our dinner ADR b/c I was waiting for the cakes to bake and then we were charged $50 for being a no-show..." :goodnevil

Upvote 0

JillC LI

I hope the Force has granted you some kind of clairvoyance, Master Yoda. If the cupcakes are there, I should have minutes of peace before someone gets upset about something I have absolutely no control over. ;)

Happy to entertain.

No, Mindy HATED Port Orleans. She'd like never to see the place again. She's extremely claustrophobic and thought the rooms were too small. That's part of the reason we are staying in a suite this time.

She loved the cupcakes because she loves food that is bland. If food has ever been in the presence of an onion, it's "spicy". Eating mild buffalo wings reduces the woman to tears. She can't stand Miracle Whip because it's "nasty". (Rough translation of "nasty" is "tangy".) Light mayo on Wonder Bread is her ideal sandwich.I have shown her pictures of the fancy cupcakes at Starring Rolls. No appeal whatsoever. She becomes agitated when we see new flavors of Oreos at the super market. Even Double Stuff pushes her buttons. She's a Single Stuff kind of girl. In her mind, no food should have more than one flavor.

There is very little chance that any cupcake will satisfy her at this point. She's built the PO cupcakes up in her mind as some kind of ultimate cupcake. The Cupcake to Which All Other Cupcakes Aspire. I have no doubt that if I go to the trouble to obtain a PO cupcake, her reaction will be "Ew, not as good as last time."

I don't want to say there is no pleasing the woman. But just because I don't want to say it, that doesn't mean it's not true.

This post was even funnier than your original post! And that one was funny!

Upvote 0

lebeau

Original Poster
Oh, the Easy Bake oven has me cracking up! I can just see the post in the TR now... "We missed our dinner ADR b/c I was waiting for the cakes to bake and then we were charged $50 for being a no-show..." :goodnevil

I don't care if someone is missing a limb. We will make it to all our ADRs this time! :fork:

I learned a lot on that last trip. I won't make the same mistakes twice. I will make entirely new mistakes.

This post was even funnier than your original post! And that one was funny!

I aim to please. And then say a silent prayer that Mindy never discovers wdwmagic.com.

Upvote 0

mickeykoala

Great thread! It's forced me to spend the last hour reading your 2010 trip report and I loved that too. I don't think I've ever had a cupcake in the World but now I'll have to try to scout out my favorites. Can't wait to go back and get started!

Upvote 0

minnielaw

I placed a couple phone calls this morning to see about room delivery for cupcakes. The people I spoke to acted as though I was requesting a delivery of plutonium for my Delorean. But I'll try again after AoA opens.

That was truly the funniest thing I have read in a LONG time!! :ROFLOL: I applaud you on this thread....which wins the award for best thread of all time. I too believed WDW had instituted cupcake delivery and was thrilled to hear that I could have a Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcake brought straight to my room! But, no. :cry:

I can tell you that I am now waiting in anticipation for your trip report. Did Lebeau find a way to POR? Did he find the elusive chocolate cupcake? Did Mindy find the cupcake lived up to her overblown expectations or did she shove the cupcake in Lebeau's face? Da, da, da, da......wait and see on the next episode of "As The Walt Disney World Turns".

CAN"T WAIT!

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

As much as it pains me to say this, try Babycakes. I'm a fan of the fact that they offer vegan cupcakes on property, but many people who try their gluten free or vegan offerings say they have no taste at all. I think they are very flavorful compared to lots of the other GF/Vegan products on the market, but to each their own.

Upvote 0

lebeau

Original Poster
Great thread! It's forced me to spend the last hour reading your 2010 trip report and I loved that too. I don't think I've ever had a cupcake in the World but now I'll have to try to scout out my favorites. Can't wait to go back and get started!

I'm glad you enjoyed this thread and the TR.

Come to think of it, I have never had a cupcake at WDW either other than a bite or two of one of the POR cupcakes. People around here talk about how great the fancy cupcakes are all the time. I have a list of cupcakes I want to try.

That was truly the funniest thing I have read in a LONG time!! :ROFLOL: I applaud you on this thread....which wins the award for best thread of all time. I too believed WDW had instituted cupcake delivery and was thrilled to hear that I could have a Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcake brought straight to my room! But, no. :cry:

I can tell you that I am now waiting in anticipation for your trip report. Did Lebeau find a way to POR? Did he find the elusive chocolate cupcake? Did Mindy find the cupcake lived up to her overblown expectations or did she shove the cupcake in Lebeau's face? Da, da, da, da......wait and see on the next episode of "As The Walt Disney World Turns".

CAN"T WAIT!

Yeah, I tried to change the thread title so as not to mislead people. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to update. If you're in WDW in early Nov, drop me a line. I'll run you up a Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcake. I may start my own cupcake delivery service.

This is a total cliffhanger. I like to think the new TR will be a good read.

As much as it pains me to say this, try Babycakes. I'm a fan of the fact that they offer vegan cupcakes on property, but many people who try their gluten free or vegan offerings say they have no taste at all. I think they are very flavorful compared to lots of the other GF/Vegan products on the market, but to each their own.

Thanks for the recomendation. If we haven't found the Magic Cupcake of Enlightment before we get to DTD, we'll have to give Babycakes a try. I was interested in trying them out anyway. Cupcake Wars is one of Josie's favorite shows. So I'm sure she would like to try cupcakes from a place that was featured on the show (even if it's not the original place).

Upvote 0

Annielkd

I must say, I have never had a better red velvet cupcake anywhere! They are to die for. They should have home delivery!!!! You really will need to update this and let us know what you did. (Unless you are dead because I called your wife :) ) Then you won't be updating anything :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

CAN"T WAIT!

Could be a major motion picture... (I'd watch it :lookaroun )

Upvote 0

Sandersfeld

just take her by the hands look deep into her eyes and say
"dear we are at the happiest place on earth now just SHUT UP ABOUT THE DAMN CUPCAKE and enjoy yourself"

Upvote 0

Annielkd

You obviously don't know anything about a woman. When we want something, nothing else will do. We will dwell on it forever, and anything close... will just not be close enough.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think I have spotted your cupcakes in the wild. This picture was taken this morning at POFQ. I will attempt to ascertain their presence at PORS shortly.

2012-05-19_06-08-09_748.jpg

Upvote 0

dreamscometrue

Hey lebeau, try saying this to your wife...

"No cupcakes for you!"

Let us know how that goes. :lookaroun

I mean, they're cupcakes...they're everywhere at WDW. They just can't be that special...they're not Dole Whips or Citrus Swirls. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom