Crystal Palace now offering alcohol

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I'm not a fan of the alcohol selections breaking theme. Mimosa at the CP makes sense. French wines at BoG make sense. Tusker Ale at Sanaa makes sense. Bud Light does not make sense.

Who even drinks Bud Light on vacation anyways? I don't think I've had a Bud Light since junior year.
Disney just needs to serve Schoferhoffer everywhere and id be a happy inebriated guest.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
View attachment 282685
Lots of people apparently drink Bud Light.

As for this decision, I was against alcohol in MK, but but unbelievably Disney doesn’t give a....about what I think. Or else they wouldn’t be charging $50+ a person for a buffet.

Furthermore. I plan on being part of the problem here next time I visit and buying a $10 Mimosa. Soooo
But based on the trends, it looks like they might be getting somewhat smarter over time.

Gatorboy

I like the fact that you can now get alcohol in MK. I also hope they keep it in the sit down restaurants and don't think you should be able to walk around drinking. I think there is a happy middle ground achieved and don't buy into the over exaggeration of the gangs of drunks that will be wondering around. Normally, the vast majority are not going to spend enough time in a restaurant to get drunk. I also like the fact that Disney isn't making a big marketing deal about it, yet offers adult guests without kids especially a chance to enjoy a cocktail or two during the visit.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Right, I guess I don't see the leap from macro lager at Crystal Palace to "unsustainable business model".

It is what it is. Doesn't mean we have to evoke Wall St with every little decision. It gets monotonous and tiring.

Using the sports analogy everyone likes so much; it's like coming here to talk about your teams loss and all you find is people complaining about the owner's financial portfolio performance. Yeah it may be tangentially related to the product on the field, but some folks just want to talk about the game itself.

For example, Disney does a pretty good job around property with diversifying their beer offerings. It's a shame they gone the rather monotonous route here.

Fair points. I don't usually like to beat the Wall Street drum (for fear of being lumped in with... a certain poster...), but sometimes I do, but even then only when really warranted.

I'm also curious as to the more monotonous/homogeneous route with beer offerings. They did the same thing with QS offerings for years before starting to offer some different choices, so maybe they'll take a similar route with beer. Mmm... beer... :happy:

As long as they have Harp Lager available at the Rose & Crown, I'm good. But I also love Coors Light, go figure. :eek:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
View attachment 282685
Lots of people apparently drink Bud Light.

As for this decision, I was against alcohol in MK, but but unbelievably Disney doesn’t give a....about what I think. Or else they wouldn’t be charging $50+ a person for a buffet.

Furthermore. I plan on being part of the problem here next time I visit and buying a $10 Mimosa. Soooo

Does anyone else get furious at the Corona TV ads where all the people are just walking or standing around with the lime sticking out of the top of their bottle of Corona?!?! That's NOT how you do it!!! Stupid hipsters... I bet they don't even know how to properly "do the lime" with a bottle of Corona...

DisneyFreak

mmmbeer.PNG

jakeman

Fair points. I don't usually like to beat the Wall Street drum (for fear of being lumped in with... a certain poster...), but sometimes I do, but even then only when really warranted.

I'm also curious as to the more monotonous/homogeneous route with beer offerings. They did the same thing with QS offerings for years before starting to offer some different choices, so maybe they'll take a similar route with beer. Mmm... beer... :happy:

As long as they have Harp Lager available at the Rose & Crown, I'm good. But I also love Coors Light, go figure. :eek:
Yeah, exactly. I'm not saying that Crystal Palace needs to be sporting a year round keg of Pliny the Younger, but I'm a bit surprised there's not a Sam Adams or similar darker beer selection in there.

slappy magoo

Not just Bud Light... $7.25 Bud Light. If you're willing to pay $7.25 for Bud Light, you're probably an alcoholic.
Same reason I always go out to dinner before a bruins game... I'm not paying 8 bucks for a bud light...
But if you're on the dining plan, that overpriced beer makes anyone who line-items all of their meal choices feel like they're getting "more for their money" being on the plan.

The Standard dining plan is around $75 per "adult," right? The overpriced buffet at Crystal Palace could be anywhere between 38-47 dollars for "adult," so let's split the difference, $42.50. Add 7.25 on top of that, boom, it's a $50 meal before gratuity (possibly more, I know tax is included in the price of the buffet, not sure if anything not included in the buffet price like alcohol has tax included). You're two-thirds of the way to "getting your money's worth" of that $75 for a buffet that anywhere else outside WDW would probably be at least 10 bucks less and beer half-2/3rds the price.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom