Crystal Palace now offering alcohol

Survivor

If people are walking around all day with a drink in their hand, or taking shots of liquor- Yes.

At dinner drinking a couple of glasses of beer or wine- NO.

Walt’s vision was a family together, which Disney has always been, and still is.
I agree with you statement.

Walt's vision was where a family(adults and kids) could have a place where they could enjoy doing things together. Can you tell me how drinking alcohol either at a meal or walking around the parks is an activity where a family of both adults and kids can enjoy together?

21stamps

I agree with you statement.

Walt's vision was where a family(adults and kids) could have a place where they could enjoy doing things together. Can you tell me how drinking alcohol either at a meal or walking around the parks is an activity where a family of both adults and kids can enjoy together?
Yes, but This is going to be my last post on the subject,

You’re 17, I’m an adult..much older. I am paying for our family vacations. I work hard. I work a lot. When I am on vacation and eating dinner, I like to have a glass of wine, it makes the dinner better. I don’t drink soda, so if there’s not wine then I stick to water.

My enjoyment and my child’s enjoyment can both coexist. I don’t need to enjoy his chocolate milk to enjoy my dinner with him, and he doesn’t need to enjoy my merlot to enjoy dinner with me.

The End.

Survivor

Teetotaler threads are my favorite.
I have nothing against drinking alcohol in moderation. I am however underage and have survived B-Cell Lymphoma and have been through a lot of treatments and on a ton of medications so drinking alcohol like many teens my age would not be a very smart thing for me.

Survivor

Yes, but This is going to be my last post on the subject,

You’re 17, I’m 40. I am paying for our family vacations. I work hard. I work a lot. When I am on vacation and eating dinner, I like to have a glass of wine, it makes the dinner better. I don’t drink soda, so if there’s not wine then I stick to water.

My enjoyment and my child’s enjoyment can both coexist. I don’t need to enjoy his chocolate milk to enjoy my dinner with him, and he doesn’t need to enjoy my merlot to enjoy dinner with me.

The End.
I'm 18 almost 19, but that is beside the point. I don't mind that you enjoy a glass of Wine. Heck my parents do as well. I respect your opinion and I enjoyed hearing it. Heck that is what this forum is about. There is absolutely no hard feelings as I end this debate with you and I hope for you as well. In the end we are two people who love Disney and that is cool.

jaklgreen

Maybe they don't need to have it, but what's the problem with offering it? No one's getting drunk; it's one or two drinks. What is the issue if an adult wants to order a drink?

I have no problem with them offering alcohol at most places. They do have it almost anywhere now. But there is something about the MK that should be kept more innocent. So many people already complain about the drunks at Epcot, do we really want to deal with that at MK? I get what everyone is saying about having a drink with dinner but on the other side, can't you go without it at that park?

jaklgreen

I am not judging you. I said I have no problem with people drinking. But I can already see the issues ahead. Look at how many threads we have about the drunks at Epcot. You don't think that there is going to be similar problems now at MK? And I was responding to StarWarsGirl saying that adults drink so they can feel "happy". You need to read through the whole chain of messages instead of picking one out and taking it out of context. And I am entitled to my opinion just like anyone else. If you have something to add to the discussion then do it. I believe name calling is against the rules.

Rumrunner

Apparently there's alcohol options now at Crystal Palace as follows:

Beer
Bud Light – $7.25
Michelob Ultra – $7.75
Blue Moon – $7.75
Angry Orchard Crisp Apple – $8.50

Wine
Domaine Ste. Michelle Brut – $9/ $39
Fess Parker Riesling – $9/ $39
Kenwood Savioungn Blanc – $9/ $39
Cambria ‘Benchbreak’ Chardonnay – $11/ $49
MacMurray Estate Pinot Noir – $13/ $55
F. Coppola Diamond Collection Merlot – $10/ $45

Mimosa
Domaine Ste. Michelle Brut and Orange Juice – $10

Link: http://blogmickey.com/2018/05/the-crystal-palace-now-serving-alcohol-in-magic-kingdom/
I enjoy my beer but would never pay the insane price of $7.25 for a beer. Never wanted one that bad.

Disneyfan_76

I don't think alcohol at the sit down restaurants is the end of the world. I would, however, draw the line at the quick service or beer kiosk. I just personally don't think that there should be open beverage carried around the parks. It just invites some of the problems EPCOT has. I know of two families that are going to Disney in June. Both are skipping EPCOT because they feel it is no longer a family friendly park and don't want to deal with all of the drunks.

John park hopper

I agree with you Disneyfan_78 IMO people walking around with beer cans in hand has no place in the MK. WIne or beer at a sit down restuarant i don't see a problem. Personally I would never pay the prices they are asking. Maybe the high prices are intended to limit excessive consumption?

MagicRat

21stamps I totally get what you are saying and for business purposes and for pretty much the norm you are correct. The thing that gets me though is this is Walt Disney World. What I mean by that is was this Walt's vision to have alcohol served at his parks or is this the decision of the higher up Business people of the company now? I always thought the company was to stick as close to Walt's vision as possible. I understand Walt has been dead for decades now and this is a big business, but deep down the man did have his vision and I don't ever remember in video tapes him saying alcohol is to be served as part of it. I also understand progress is a part of any business and Disney does a pretty good job with that with expansion of resorts and new rides which I think Walt would be proud of. This alcohol serving I don't think he'd be too proud of.

Your vision of Walt is a incorrect one. He chose to leave the alcohol out of the parks at the time was a pure business decision. At the time he made Disneyland, theme parks were viewed as a place undesirables go. Similar to what you see in Pinocchio. He cut the alcohol to clean up its act. Fast forward 60 years and his parks can stand up on their own.

Society has moved forward with alcohol, the temperance movement was a hundred years ago. I hope people don’t get sloshed with it but fearing it is just as bad. The kid who does not see their parents drink responsibly is the kid who gets alcohol poisoning at their first teen party.

Also, what is up with the people who leave their buffet carts in the hallways at the deluxe hotels? Put them in your rooms and if it is not accessible than get an ADA room because the scooters are intended for people who truly need them. To me the lazy scooter issue is much more severe at Disney World than alcohol at the Magic Kingdom. It is disrespectful for those who trully need them. Walk or your going to end up like the people on Wall-e

Smooth

"No liquor, no beer, nothing. Because that brings in a rowdy element. That brings people that we don't want and I feel they don't need it. I feel when I go down to the park I don't need a drink. I work around that place all day and I don't have one. After I come out of a heavy day at the studio sometimes I want a drink to relax." Walt Disney

drizgirl

"No liquor, no beer, nothing. Because that brings in a rowdy element. That brings people that we don't want and I feel they don't need it. I feel when I go down to the park I don't need a drink. I work around that place all day and I don't have one. After I come out of a heavy day at the studio sometimes I want a drink to relax." Walt Disney
It's all good now because they decided on a new approach. They're pricing out the riffraff instead.

MagicRat

Walt also didn’t want long hair, tube tops, LBGT outspokenness but he was trying to sell his theme park. Did he really care blabout those things? Probably not, he wanted to make money given the societal time he was at. There were also not scooters at the time. Should they be disallowed to the lazy. I would support that one.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I think that is the issue right there. WHY do adults feel like they need to have alcohol? There are plenty of us that go weeks/months/years without touching the stuff and are extremely happy. I guess that is why I don't understand why someone can't get through a vacation with their kids without touching the stuff. Especially at Disney prices. You need to have a drink that bad? Why can't an adult be happy without the "buzz" of an alcoholic drink. And we all know that is why people drink because just drinking it for "the taste" does not make you happy.
I'll just rescind all that other blahoorady and just say that I'm inspired by Mission:Space... We Drink Because We Choose To.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Unless, of course, you're an attraction sponsor, or know someone who is a sponsor, or, today, toney enough to pony up the $$$$$ it takes to join Club 33.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The bigger story here is the inevitable expansion of the sales and slow dismantling of the long standing castle park tradition. Defenders would say “but it’s JUST one place...”.. “it’s just table service”...

Suckers.

If it were just Walt's business practices (a notoriously poor business gambler) instead of his vision we wouldn't be talking on this board today, it would have been yet another failed enterprise. Disney languished during the years they spouted only the holy "Walt would have" mantra.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom