Crush's Coaster at DHS (MGM)?

comics101

What Disney Animated movie would you put a ride in based on? There isn't one! Kids don't know Disney animated movies because Disney hasn't made a good one in so long. PIXAR is Disney, same company now. So when people say Pixar you are talking about disney. I heard that Crush's coaster was going in right next Toy Story Mania where the Sorcerer Mickey Meet and Greet was. I can't remember where maybe it was Jim Hill.

That's arguable. If you have kids, odds are you've shown them some of your favorite Disney movies, which could be Toy Story, Lion King, Alice in Wonderland. My Sister's favorite is Cinderella. She's 4, and sure she loves Nemo and Cars and Monster's Inc, but the Princess films like Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast are her favorite, and when we take our road trips, she wants to watch Those films first. Those movies are classics, and Almost everyone loves them. Just because they were made 5 years ago, 15 years ago, or 50 years ago doesn't mean Kids don't watch them and love them.

DABIGCHEEZ

Listen to yourselves complaing because The Studios might be getting a great attraction themed to nemo. What would you rather have a nemo themed crushs coaster or nothing?

I'd rather have a coaster with an original theme or a different character tie-in.. not just the same thing from another Disney park. I know they have the creativity .... just wish it was used more.

MickeyJman06

I read Jim Hill's article today about California Adventure's name being switched to Walt Disney's California Adventure, but he also mentioned that Crush's Coaster will be announced for MGM (DHS). Is this really true? I thought the rumor was that a Ratatouille version would go there.

Thanks.

EDIT- What I posted was speculation posted on Jim Hill's site, not concrete info. Although he made it sound although as that Crush's Coaster WILL be announced.
if they renamed DCA, then most of the parks will become Walt Disney's Animal Kingdom, and Walt Disney Hollywood Studios. remember walt disney never lived to see DCA, and i think he will feel bad if they renamed ALL the disney parks

Back on Topic, I would like to see mickey come back in the act instead of pixar
and NEVER TRUST JIM HILL NOR WIKIPEDIA!

Tom Morrow

Listen to yourselves complaing because The Studios might be getting a great attraction themed to nemo. What would you rather have a nemo themed crushs coaster or nothing?
I would honestly rather have nothing than a new coaster if it is themed to Nemo. Do three out of WDW's four parks really need an attraction all based on one movie?

Its bad enough that Toy Story Mania is going to be the second Toy Story themed shooting ride at WDW. Another Nemo themed ride would just *scream* un-originality.

Swoosh

Wow some of you will complain about anything. Who really cares WHAT the theme is. Disney-MGM Studios needs more attractions, period. It doesn't matter if the theme is Charlie the Unicorn or even the Teletubbies, they need more stuff to do there, end of story. Now if some of you cannot handle the fact that it might be themed to "yet another Pixar character" then perhaps Disney is not the place you should visit anymore.

First you want attactions, then you ________ and moan because they are themed to Pixar characters, then you really ________ and moan because it MIGHT be themed to Nemo. God, some of you act worse then some of the junior high girls I have to teach at school.

Point of this rant: be thankfully they are even considering add ANYTHING. The general public is going to continue to come to this park even if the Disney-fan boys who whine and complain don't. The park are not catering to you, they are catering to the people who make this a "once-in-a-lifetime-spend the-family-fortune-to-get-there" trip. Please realize that and when you do, you will be able to understand the Disney company a little better.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ phew!

Perhaps when you understand the companys path over the past decade and the fork in the road it is at now, you`ll understand why this discussion is happening.

Those who care try to keep to the standards we once knew. Those who don`t brought us the Imaginations, Dinoramas etc. which we got.

Swoosh

^Oh I understand, but at the same time do not feel is such an "earth shattering -- oh my god, oh my god" ordeal as some are making it out to be.

:eek:

DABIGCHEEZ

^Oh I understand, but at the same time do not feel is such an "earth shattering -- oh my god, oh my god" ordeal as some are making it out to be.

:eek:

Some how I didn't think you would... I'll say it again.. Originality goes along way and EE is a prime example.

Tom Morrow

First you want attactions, then you ________ and moan because they are themed to Pixar characters, then you really ________ and moan because it MIGHT be themed to Nemo.
First of all, please don't confuse me with others on this board who complain about every single thing, because I don't. I didn't mind the wand. I even like the current JII, Gran Fiesta, and Tiki Room Under New Management. But seriously, give me a good reason why there should be THREE attractions at three different parks based on one movie?

It defeats the entire purpose of even having four seperate parks with four seperate themes. It takes the imagination out of imagineering. The four theme parks with four different themes weren't just created as extra places to put whatever cookie-cutter attractions they come up with. At least, they weren't originally.

I don't even mind that it'll be Pixar themed (if its in the rumored Soundstage 1 location, then it will definitely be Pixar). Just, why ANOTHER Nemo attraction? I really hope its the rumored Ratatouille version.

comics101

Some how I didn't think you would... I'll say it again.. Originality goes along way and EE is a prime example.

Originality isn't the route Disney seems to be taking anymore. It almost seems every new attraction Disney's built since EE has had Characters. You've got Toon Studios in WDS in Paris, You've got The Laugh Floor, You've got All the Nemo stuff, You've got TSM opening, heck, even the IASW in HKDL will have characters added to it! Disney wants to make money, and the way they've been able to sucsessfully do this is by adding characters, and I have a feeling that's the way Disney will do things for a looooong time. As for freaking out about PIXAR attractions, I guess this swoosh is kind of right, and you all know how I am about PIXAR. I just don't like the way they're taking over Disney. It just gets tiring IMO. However, I do believe that Crush's Coaster looks like a fun quality attraction, so I say bring it on. Whether it's Nemo or not, I don't care. I just hope it's not Ratatoulii(sp?)

Tom Morrow

Disney wants to make money, and the way they've been able to sucsessfully do this is by adding characters, and I have a feeling that's the way Disney will do things for a looooong time.
Then how come so many of Disney's most famous attractions don't have any character tie-ins? The most successful attractions, the ones everyone writes home about, the ones that keep everyone coming back, have always been the original creations, with a few exceptions.

I just hope it's not Ratatoulii(sp?)
Why? Ratatouille was excellent. It deserves one attraction more than Nemo deserves three.

mickeysgal

I'm not really crazy about the Nemo theme, but don't get me wrong, if it's built...I'll ride it and ride it again.

I just have one concern, park operation wise...wouldn't having another Finding Nemo attraction create confusion with guests and problems for guest relations? I'm not talking about the guests that frequent these kinds of boards, but the everyday guests. I've talked to people who got confused by the Living Seas "Nemo" and the Finding Nemo Musical. Add another "Nemo" themed ride, and there will be more confusion, IMO.

What about an Incredibles theme...and you ride in the "pods" around Syndrome's Island. I think there are a lot of possiblities, but I'm sure that the Imagineers will come up with the best possible ride they can (with the budget they have).

DABIGCHEEZ

Originality isn't the route Disney seems to be taking anymore. It almost seems every new attraction Disney's built since EE has had Characters. You've got Toon Studios in WDS in Paris, You've got The Laugh Floor, You've got All the Nemo stuff, You've got TSM opening, heck, even the IASW in HKDL will have characters added to it! Disney wants to make money, and the way they've been able to sucsessfully do this is by adding characters, and I have a feeling that's the way Disney will do things for a looooong time. As for freaking out about PIXAR attractions, I guess this swoosh is kind of right, and you all know how I am about PIXAR. I just don't like the way they're taking over Disney. It just gets tiring IMO. However, I do believe that Crush's Coaster looks like a fun quality attraction, so I say bring it on. Whether it's Nemo or not, I don't care. I just hope it's not Ratatoulii(sp?)

I would hazzard a guess that EE has mad the Mouse a few pennies!! :veryconfu
But all the character placement is what turns some people off(including me). People, including me if my kids want it, will stand in line for a character autograph or picture regardless if they are in a ride or not. There are many examples. Especially those that have been going for some time now. My own feeling is put the coaster in just not the exact same thing as at other parks. Creativity and originality was the genius of Disney at the beginning... Bring it back!!!

comics101

Look, I agree that attractions without Characters are great, and rides like TT and M:S and EE I'm sure bring in Tons of Guests and money, however, I was just saying it's been a long time since an attraction without characters have been anounced, and from the way things seem, it doesn't seem like Disney will be building character type of attractions anytime soon. It also seems IMO kids and guests get real hyped up when they see Jack Sparrow or Nemo, or Cinderella. It's part of Disney, and I believe it too brings in tons of guests and money, esp. when you talk about families with children.

Just out of curiosity, what is the most sucsessful attraction on property? I'm asking only bc I'd like to know, not bc I want to get someone mad or debate.

I personally didn't like Ratatoullie very much, but with the exception to that, I can't imagine a rollercoaster based on that movie. A dark ride, sure. But a rollercoaster? To me it just doesn't make sence. I would much rather Cars or Nemo, or if they'd move away from only designing PIXAR attractions, Tarzan.

jt04

First of all, please don't confuse me with others on this board who complain about every single thing, because I don't. I didn't mind the wand. I even like the current JII, Gran Fiesta, and Tiki Room Under New Management. But seriously, give me a good reason why there should be THREE attractions at three different parks based on one movie?

It defeats the entire purpose of even having four seperate parks with four seperate themes. It takes the imagination out of imagineering. The four theme parks with four different themes weren't just created as extra places to put whatever cookie-cutter attractions they come up with. At least, they weren't originally.

I don't even mind that it'll be Pixar themed (if its in the rumored Soundstage 1 location, then it will definitely be Pixar). Just, why ANOTHER Nemo attraction? I really hope its the rumored Ratatouille version.

IMO because they plan to do a sequel to Nemo eventually. So don't be suprised if Nemo ends up in all 4 parks. I am just happy with new attractions myself as long as they represent original Disney Quality. ToT and EE and FotLK prove it still can be done.....

comics101

IMO because they plan to do a sequel to Nemo eventually. So don't be suprised if Nemo ends up in all 4 parks. I am just happy with new attractions myself as long as they represent original Disney Quality. ToT and EE and FotLK prove it still can be done.....

Wait, there's going to be a sequel? When did that happen?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom