Crush's Coaster at DHS (MGM)?

jt04

IMO because they plan to do a sequel to Nemo eventually. So don't be suprised if Nemo ends up in all 4 parks. I am just happy with new attractions myself as long as they represent original Disney Quality. ToT and EE and FotLK prove it still can be done.....

Edit Correction, Blue Sky Disney Blog projects a Toy Story 3 in a few years. Sooo, don't be suprised if Toy Story ends up in all 4 parks.

comics101

Edit Correction, Blue Sky Disney Blog projects a Toy Story 3 in a few years. Sooo, don't be suprised if Toy Story ends up in all 4 parks.

Ok. That's true, at least I'm pretty sure Tim Allen said that he was signed on for it...

I'm ok with Toy Story in all the parks. IMO that's one of the best movies of all time!

Kman101

I have nothing against Nemo. Love the movie, love the musical. The ride at Epcot is alright, I guess. Little kids love it so I suppose that's the point. I think a Nemo coaster at Disney Hollywood Studios would be a little redudant, imo. I'd prefer a Cars coaster. I think it'd be smarter to capitalize on that. I think it would fit better than Nemo, but that's just me. That or an Incredibles or Ratatouille coaster.

As much as a Cars inspired ride could be a great addidion, another indoor coaster with a "Car" vechicle sounds way too close to RnR for one theme park.

I'd much rather have the Cars ride planned for DCA with the dual Test Track style ride system, but barring that, I'd rather have a Rat... ride.

As much as a Cars inspired ride could be a great addidion, another indoor coaster with a "Car" vechicle sounds way too close to RnR for one theme park.

I'd much rather have the Cars ride planned for DCA with the dual Test Track style ride system, but barring that, I'd rather have a Rat... ride.
But you have to remember the whole type of roller coaster is different than the RnR one. You could have both themed to Cars, and they'd be completely different. As you said though, I'd rather have a Ratatouille roller coaster.

WDWEric

That's arguable. If you have kids, odds are you've shown them some of your favorite Disney movies, which could be Toy Story, Lion King, Alice in Wonderland. My Sister's favorite is Cinderella. She's 4, and sure she loves Nemo and Cars and Monster's Inc, but the Princess films like Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast are her favorite, and when we take our road trips, she wants to watch Those films first. Those movies are classics, and Almost everyone loves them. Just because they were made 5 years ago, 15 years ago, or 50 years ago doesn't mean Kids don't watch them and love them.

Toy Story-PIXAR (Toy Story Mania)
Lion King/Alice/Cinderella-All have attractions (Alice would make a great dark ride) and I think Lion King would make a great less intense dark ride like dinosaur(kid friendly) Cars would be a good theme to the coaster so maybe that is what it will be. Ratatouille is to new and I dont believe it had lived up to Disneys expectations.

dave2822

Why is TWDC abandoning original attractions by making this attraction? Who said it was going to be an e-ticket? Not every attraction Disney implements is going to be of EE proportions, and those attractions will keep coming, but so will the smaller, movie-themed attractions ... just like it's always been.

And for those of you screaming about "lack of originality," give me a break ... EE took 3 years and had Imagineers going to Asia to recreate its authenticity .. all for everyone here to ride it once and complain another original idea hasn't been announced yet.

And to all those who, for some ungodly reason are against an addition in WDW's most addition-needy park, if this announcement had a Lion King overlay as opposed to anything Pixar, you'd be all for it. This argument has nothing to do with "original attractions," it's just hate for the only cash cow in Disney's current film portfolio.

erasure fan1

And to all those who, for some ungodly reason are against an addition in WDW's most addition-needy park, if this announcement had a Lion King overlay as opposed to anything Pixar, you'd be all for it. This argument has nothing to do with "original attractions," it's just hate for the only cash cow in Disney's current film portfolio.
That may be true, I think most people would take a ride based on something from mermaid, beauty, aladdin or lion king over something pixar. Why? because they represent the pinnacle of Disney animation and have nothing to show for them but some shows. My 5yr old likes pixar movies but her favorites are still mermaid, beauty and aladdin and she wonders why they have no rides for those movies. For me its not about hating pixar (because I love pixar) but more about showing some love for some of the best films disney have ever done.

comics101

Toy Story-PIXAR (Toy Story Mania)
Lion King/Alice/Cinderella-All have attractions (Alice would make a great dark ride) and I think Lion King would make a great less intense dark ride like dinosaur(kid friendly) Cars would be a good theme to the coaster so maybe that is what it will be. Ratatouille is to new and I dont believe it had lived up to Disneys expectations.

Thank you. Quite frankly Ratatouille didn't live up to my expectations, but even so My point is Disney has classics they could be making great attractions out of. Take FotLK. It's not PIXAR, and it's one of the more popular shows on property. I think it's proof PIXAR and Pirates isn't the only popular thing Disney has going right now.

I'm all for Crush's Coaster, whether it's Cars, Nemo, or something new all together. But I do believe Disney needs to look at their film library before adding PIXAR-Only attractions. I love PIXAR films, and feel they are some of the best animated movies ever made, but if I had the choice between a Rattatoulie Rollercoaster or a Tarzan Rollercoaster, I would much rather the Tarzan, not bc it's a WDFA film, but bc it's a better movie. Same could be said for Cars. It could be awesome to ride through Radiator Springs, see all of the characters, then end up in the Drive-In theatre and watch something like Beauty and the Beast in cars form. Rattatoullie IMO isn't a very good idea for a ride and doesn't lend itself to the possiblilities Cars or Nemo, or even Tarzan do...

erasure fan1, I think you put it the best. It's not that I hate PIXAR, but Disney has so many awesome films they could make attractions out of.

Sir_Cliff

The article discusses re-theming the entire park to fit a certain concept, but admits that a number of attractions that are already there wouldn't and couldn't fit in with that theming. The likelihood of pulling it off in any kind of timely fashion without significant expense and park downtime says to me it won't happen anywhere other that Jim Hills imagination [where a lot of ideas seem to live and die].

I agree. I can't see this idea ever being seriously considered. It's very fanboyish and not exactly what I can imagine the Disney board having just given WDI $1.2 billion to create.

dave2822

But why would they stick a non-Pixar themed attraction in PIXAR Place? I'm not saying I wouldn't like some of the other Disney classics to be better represented, but putting a Pixar attraction in Pixar Place ... this seems OK to me :shrug:

erasure fan1

But why would they stick a non-Pixar themed attraction in PIXAR Place? I'm not saying I wouldn't like some of the other Disney classics to be better represented, but putting a Pixar attraction in Pixar Place ... this seems OK to me :shrug:
They wouldnt, my point would have put the non pixar ride in a place that it would fit.

polarboi

(Alice would make a great dark ride)

She has one in Disneyland.

I'd rather have a Ratatouille roller coaster.

Me too.

Honestly, I think the kitchen chase sequence could make for a really brilliant coaster, with chefs coming at you, patrons squealing, Skinner yelling "stop that rat!" and maybe even the health inspector thrown in for good measure. It could be like Mr. Toad meets Crush's Coaster with a Ratatouille theme. The opening dark ride portion could feature Linguini and a little backstory, and the coaster could start when you (as Remy) are discovered. I doubt that's what will happen, but I think there's plenty of potential there. It would be a fun ride even if you didn't like the movie. Of course, I loved the movie. :)

-p.b. :cool:

Dr Albert Falls

I'm very surprised Nemo is the top contender for the coaster, and not just because WDW has two major Nemo attractions already.

From these photos and descriptions on MiceAge, it sounds like the DLP Nemo coaster uses MANY of the same visuals and special effects as Epcot's "Nemo and Friends".

http://www.miceage.com/guest/gu060307a.htm

Many of the queue decorations are identical. They use similar animated projections. The blue lights. The Anglerfish. The jellyfish.

It appears the DLP coaster is simply a fast ride through a Cliffs Notes version of the WDW attraction.

I'm all for a Pixar coaster. And if Disney could deliver an entirely new Nemo experience than the one that already exists, I'd be fine with that, too.

But it just seems like the extra cost of developing a new overlay (Cars, Monsters, etc) would benefit Disney, because it gives visitors more variety, while also casting a much wider net to attract visitors (why not appeal to both Nemo fans and Cars fans?)

Also, the cost-savings of duplicating the DLP attraction would probably be cancelled out by any new additions that must be made to the DHS coaster to avoid duplicating the Epcot attraction.

Wow some of you will complain about anything. Who really cares WHAT the theme is. Disney-MGM Studios needs more attractions, period. It doesn't matter if the theme is Charlie the Unicorn or even the Teletubbies, they need more stuff to do there, end of story. Now if some of you cannot handle the fact that it might be themed to "yet another Pixar character" then perhaps Disney is not the place you should visit anymore.

First you want attactions, then you ________ and moan because they are themed to Pixar characters, then you really ________ and moan because it MIGHT be themed to Nemo. God, some of you act worse then some of the junior high girls I have to teach at school.
:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:
Am I the only person who took this whole rant for some kind of a huge joke?

Who really cares WHAT the theme is"
The average guest...?

The THEME is what makes a Disney park a Disney park. If you were correct in this assumption, then we should all be completely okay with DHS receiving five new Nemo attractions in the next five years, with three new Toy Story ones to go along with them. The park needs more to do! Remove all the shows to put attractions themed to Nemo in their place. More rides!

It's quite unfortunate that you are forced to teach junior high girls, but I won't be sending my little ones there whenever they come around.

WDWGuide

What will it replace????
RnR??? I hope not NEMO IS TAKING OVER!!!!!! :'(

The Studios have plenty of expansion space - there's no need for them to start replacing existing rides anytime soon - especially the RnRC. I am not sure how much space Toy Story Mania occupies in the former sound stages, but they could probably fit it back there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom