Crowds at DHS

J4546

and toontown used to have slides and ball pits and stuff for kids to play on...but we live in a lawsuit happy society

MickeyLuv'r

Reading this thread and thinking about 1. The larger than usual crowds observed at HS, and 2. The smallish size of the park has me thinking.

I'm traveling to WDW with my wife and 3 children in 2nd week Nov....off property, so no perks. Will buy genie +...we planned most of our visit for weekdays but we must choose the first Sunday as a park day and the final Sat. We also wanted to wait a few days to unveil MK to them.

Tentative mapping:

Sun: HS
Mon: EP
Tue: off day
Wed: US IoA
Thu: MK
Fri: off day
Sat: AK

Wondering. Would you swap HS out for EP, given the size of the 2 parks?
I would not do HS on the first day. Epcot is a good option. The amount of people staying for the extra hours was very low, but many people THINK it will be like old EMH so they avoid Epcot. Just know, towards the end of the night (reg park hours), posted waits will be inflated.

Though if you want to make the most of arrival day, given current WDW, there are STRONG reasons to make MK your first park.

If not MK though, Epcot is a relaxed option unless you are going to get on Guardians. Give Guardians is now the newest big ride, Epcot will be busier than it was up until last month.

There is also a strong argument to be made for starting the trip with Universal. Do they like thrill rides (+ for Uni)? If they are not sure/less eager about thrill rides, that favors Uni later in visit as you have planned.

Ten years ago, it was fine to choose days...for fun...with current WDW pricing, for me personally, I can no longer endorse touring based on anything other than efficiency. How will you see the most rides in the amount of time you have? Right now, G+ works best in MK. My new thinking is split days. End most days with MK. If you can't do park hopping, then, MK is your best bet. This thread tells you what you need to know about the current state of HS.

Last edited:

MickeyLuv'r

Def liability issues with a playground. Some kid gets hurt and parent sues....I could see that happening all the time
MK still has a small one. At least I think it is still over by Splash Mtn.

MK used to have another one too. I don't think lawsuits were the problem, but WDW put more appealing attractions in the same space. 7DMT is now - approx- where the Pooh Playground once stood. (not exactly, but close)

TrainsOfDisney

But to be honest…if someone told me I had to skip 1 of the 4…it would be that one every time anyway. It was always and still is the “junior” park.
It used to be my favorite! Even as a kid I LOVED the tram tour and the monsters sound show... later on I loved Citizens of Hollywood as well.

If they had Added Rise by Star Tours, and then put midway mania somewhere else and maybe even added another Pixar ride or 2..... we would at least be on a good path!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It used to be my favorite! Even as a kid I LOVED the tram tour and the monsters sound show... later on I loved Citizens of Hollywood as well.

If they had Added Rise by Star Tours, and then put midway mania somewhere else and maybe even added another Pixar ride or 2..... we would at least be on a good path!
Don’t get me wrong…I love studios. Always have.

But what I really loved is the original themed shops…the big band background music…the Streetmosphere.

Golden age Hollywood is a winner theme to me…they still have some but not as much.

They needed a big redo…they went too small on it. Preserving muppet vision and Star tours and launch bay shows they just don’t have the stomach to really flesh it out.

It was always a feeder park to Epcot…now they kinda put them on equal ground and it makes no sense.

TrainsOfDisney

But what I really loved is the original themed shops…the big band background music…the Streetmosphere.

Golden age Hollywood is a winner theme to me…they still have some but not as much.
Agreed! That theme works so well, when it’s done correctly, at both DHS and DCA.

I feel like Disney really missed out - a “Walt’s Hollywood” could have been an excellent Disney+ series. Have a bunch of Disney history Easter eggs with a fictionalized / dramatized version of the Golden Age of Hollywood. Throw in Hollywood tower hotel, red car trolleys, and superstar limos!

Lilofan

They needed a big redo…they went too small on it. Preserving muppet vision and Star tours and launch bay shows they just don’t have the stomach to really flesh it out.

It was always a feeder park to Epcot…now they kinda put them on equal ground and it makes no sense.
Big band music actually occurred a few years ago when the Grand Floridian orchestra performed in the Beauty and the Beast theatre several times a day. It was so unpopular with only a few fellow guests listening go to the talented group. I think shortly after that the group was laid off.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Big band music actually occurred a few years ago when the Grand Floridian orchestra performed in the Beauty and the Beast theatre several times a day. It was so unpopular with only a few fellow guests listening go to the talented group. I think shortly after that the group was laid off.
The orchestra performed Disney music for years…

So it wasn’t just that. It was eliminating something nice and unique from a hotel they charge $800 or so a night for (starting rate) that the Bobs minions didn’t blink at. The suck of the Bobs will become more clear to fans and any functioning human as time goes on…more each day.

They used to have a
Member sing “you’ve got a friend in me” over the horns all the time. I have found memories of that in particular.

tpoly88

I would not do HS on the first day. Epcot is a good option. The amount of people staying for the extra hours was very low, but many people THINK it will be like old EMH so they avoid Epcot. Just know, towards the end of the night (reg park hours), posted waits will be inflated.

Though if you want to make the most of arrival day, given current WDW, there are STRONG reasons to make MK your first park.

If not MK though, Epcot is a relaxed option unless you are going to get on Guardians. Give Guardians is now the newest big ride, Epcot will be busier than it was up until last month.

There is also a strong argument to be made for starting the trip with Universal. Do they like thrill rides (+ for Uni)? If they are not sure/less eager about thrill rides, that favors Uni later in visit as you have planned.

Ten years ago, it was fine to choose days...for fun...with current WDW pricing, for me personally, I can no longer endorse touring based on anything other than efficiency. How will you see the most rides in the amount of time you have? Right now, G+ works best in MK. My new thinking is split days. End most days with MK. If you can't do park hopping, then, MK is your best bet. This thread tells you what you need to know about the current state of HS.
Universal is a great option with the kids who are over 13 but under 21 as the rides there are pretty neat. You can buy the universal express pass or if you stay there your room key is an express pass (i hope it still is). with that you can go on almost all the rides in both parks in a day!

tpoly88

agree, i actually liked (im probably alone on this) going over for some of the shows like Indiana Jones and LMA. Plus they had little mermaid and Beauty and the best i think. youd hop on ToT and go for lunch at the brown derby, sci fi or prime time, do the back lot while you digested or muppets and call it day there they take the boat to Epcot. now you go to HS and i need a CBD pill! place is wild now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
agree, i actually liked (im probably alone on this) going over for some of the shows like Indiana Jones and LMA. Plus they had little mermaid and Beauty and the best i think. youd hop on ToT and go for lunch at the brown derby, sci fi or prime time, do the back lot while you digested or muppets and call it day there they take the boat to Epcot. now you go to HS and i need a CBD pill! place is wild now.
And if worked for along time under those parameters

Sawdust

I agree. The park now feels like a hodgepodge of themes or half baked ideas but it's a reflection of the current management at Disney. We were at DHS on 5/16 and it was the first time I couldn't wait to leave the park. The crowds were insane and it just wasn't enjoyable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom