Crowds at DHS

DisneyfanMA

I know they just dropped what was it a couple billion on star wars land and added the MM train ride. Sorely needed E tickets now delivered..... That said I still feel like they could use 2 or 3 more rides. I doubt we'd see that any time soon though as they just spent so much. I can't even imagine what it was like visiting HS before star wars. What was there like 5 or 6 rides? Still baffles me that DL has more rides than WDW. Or it's close to even isn't it?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I've seen worse wait times for Rise. But overall, those wait times highlight the ridiculousness that is DHS these days. If only they had capacity that could have been refurbed or repurposed without $1 billion needing to be spent, and new capacity was added instead of their rip-and-replace philosophy...

ICanFly

Original Poster
I've seen worse wait times for Rise. But overall, those wait times highlight the ridiculousness that is DHS these days. If only they had capacity that could have been refurbed or repurposed without $1 billion needing to be spent, and new capacity was added instead of their rip-and-replace philosophy...
Good point. Don’t know why they need to get rid of a ride to add new.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And frankly it’s all “meh”…been on all the new rides 3+ Times and it’s “meh-meh-dee-meh-meh”

I think I’d focus on midway mania, tower and rocker…still better for what they are

Star tours was an embarrassment for 20 years…now better

erasure fan1

I know they just dropped what was it a couple billion on star wars land and added the MM train ride. Sorely needed E tickets now delivered..... That said I still feel like they could use 2 or 3 more rides.
That's because they do. If you do the math, they eliminated lights motor action, backlot tour, idol and sounds dangerous. They added rise, falcon, slinky and alien spin. Mickey was a replacement as well. So in reality it's all just a wash. I would argue that it's now worse, because star wars and toy story are a bigger draw than what they closed.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's because they do. If you do the math, they eliminated lights motor action, backlot tour, idol and sounds dangerous. They added rise, falcon, slinky and alien spin. Mickey was a replacement as well. So in reality it's all just a wash. I would argue that it's now worse, because star wars and toy story are a bigger draw than what they closed.
Those are all low capacity by wdw standard as well.

If people go to Mgm and feel it’s harder to get stuff done…it’s because math says so

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know they just dropped what was it a couple billion on star wars land and added the MM train ride. Sorely needed E tickets now delivered..... That said I still feel like they could use 2 or 3 more rides. I doubt we'd see that any time soon though as they just spent so much. I can't even imagine what it was like visiting HS before star wars. What was there like 5 or 6 rides? Still baffles me that DL has more rides than WDW. Or it's close to even isn't it?
Honestly…the definition of “e ticket” has been stretched.

Just ride them all a second time and see what there is…

DisneyfanMA

Would you all agree they will not be adding any more RIDES in the next 2 to 3 years? Is there anything announced I missed? Assuming they're done.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Would you all agree they will not be adding any more RIDES in the next 2 to 3 years? Is there anything announced I missed? Assuming they're done.
Tron later this year or held for 2023. Then they are DONE.

It would take a major shift in philosophy or management crisis for them to get anything built prior to 2028

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Tron later this year or held for 2023. Then they are DONE.

It would take a major shift in philosophy or management crisis for them to get anything built prior to 2028

2025 will be a very interesting year then. Epic Universe opens and what impact that will have on all of the existing parks including Universal Orlando. Will it be a tipping point for labor? Will there be enough guests to go around ?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
2025 will be a very interesting year then. Epic Universe opens and what impact that will have on all of the existing parks including Universal Orlando. Will it be a tipping point for labor? Will there be enough guests to go around ?
Didn’t this occur to you? When is the last time anything in a park opened in under 4 years? It’s intentional

Enough guests to go around is dependent on the economy…it always has been and it always will be

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom