Crowds at DHS

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Didn’t this occur to you? When is the last time anything in a park opened in under 4 years? It’s intentional

Enough guests to go around is dependent on the economy…it always has been and it always will be

Just chuckling watching Season 3 of The Boys on Amazon and their theme park :D

bryanfze55

I know they just dropped what was it a couple billion on star wars land and added the MM train ride. Sorely needed E tickets now delivered..... That said I still feel like they could use 2 or 3 more rides. I doubt we'd see that any time soon though as they just spent so much. I can't even imagine what it was like visiting HS before star wars. What was there like 5 or 6 rides? Still baffles me that DL has more rides than WDW. Or it's close to even isn't it?
Disneyland has more “moving” rides than WDW, correct. WDW has more overall attractions when you factor in things like 3D movies, audio animatronic shows, etc.

But the overall number of attractions between the resorts are far too close given that WDW has double the parks. That is what leads to situations like this at HS.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
@Sirwalterraleigh Thanks for your very intelligent correction of my nonsensical suggestion.
I say to the OP, as per @Sirwalterraleigh forget rope drop and listen to whatever @Sirwalterraleigh tells you what to do.
I’m just trying to figure out how “rope drop, rope drop, rope drop” is a good suggestion to strangers from all over the place?

So if I show up 5-10 minutes before opening outside MGM…then that takes care of it, huh?

tpoly88

That's because they do. If you do the math, they eliminated lights motor action, backlot tour, idol and sounds dangerous. They added rise, falcon, slinky and alien spin. Mickey was a replacement as well. So in reality it's all just a wash. I would argue that it's now worse, because star wars and toy story are a bigger draw than what they closed.
I know they are supposed to handle park capacity with these reservations but I’ve never seen HS so crowded lately. We won’t go over there anymore. You can walk sometimes as it’s just a wall of people. Tourism in Florida is at an all time high as most people nervous to go out of the county to Europe or Caribbean and get stuck because of a covid test. I think it will loosen up when the cdc gets rid of the test mandate to come back to the us.

DisneyfanMA

Disneyland has more “moving” rides than WDW, correct. WDW has more overall attractions when you factor in things like 3D movies, audio animatronic shows, etc.

But the overall number of attractions between the resorts are far too close given that WDW has double the parks. That is what leads to situations like this at HS.

It's the oddest dynamic. I think at one point it was actually getting really out of wack and in the last few years WDW has improved on moving rides. If I could snap my fingers I'd add 3 rides (any caliber) at HS and consider adding 2 to 3 at every park.

DisneyfanMA

Reading this thread and thinking about 1. The larger than usual crowds observed at HS, and 2. The smallish size of the park has me thinking.

I'm traveling to WDW with my wife and 3 children in 2nd week Nov....off property, so no perks. Will buy genie +...we planned most of our visit for weekdays but we must choose the first Sunday as a park day and the final Sat. We also wanted to wait a few days to unveil MK to them.

Tentative mapping:

Sun: HS
Mon: EP
Tue: off day
Wed: US IoA
Thu: MK
Fri: off day
Sat: AK

Wondering. Would you swap HS out for EP, given the size of the 2 parks?

Club Cooloholic

Reading this thread and thinking about 1. The larger than usual crowds observed at HS, and 2. The smallish size of the park has me thinking.

I'm traveling to WDW with my wife and 3 children in 2nd week Nov....off property, so no perks. Will buy genie +...we planned most of our visit for weekdays but we must choose the first Sunday as a park day and the final Sat. We also wanted to wait a few days to unveil MK to them.

Tentative mapping:

Sun: HS
Mon: EP
Tue: off day
Wed: US IoA
Thu: MK
Fri: off day
Sat: AK

Wondering. Would you swap HS out for EP, given the size of the 2 parks?
Are you staying in a deluxe onsite? If you are EP will have extra magic hours on Mondays. Now that may change but for the sake of this we will say it stays that way. If you are able to take advantage of those hours keep it as is. But, if you can't maybe change it as I imagine EP might have more people than usual.

DisneyfanMA

Are you staying in a deluxe onsite? If you are EP will have extra magic hours on Mondays. Now that may change but for the sake of this we will say it stays that way. If you are able to take advantage of those hours keep it as is. But, if you can't maybe change it as I imagine EP might have more people than usual.
Offsite. So no perks.

JusticeDisney

Nah, there’s no way that is correct. I mean, I have read plenty of times with my very own eyes right here on this board how terrible Disney World has become and how all of the increased prices and cut backs are making it a terrible place. Disney World is in huge trouble. Again, I’ve read it right here many times.

Last edited:

mysto

That's because they do. If you do the math, they eliminated lights motor action, backlot tour, idol and sounds dangerous. They added rise, falcon, slinky and alien spin. Mickey was a replacement as well. So in reality it's all just a wash. I would argue that it's now worse, because star wars and toy story are a bigger draw than what they closed.

It's not entirely a wash. These changes allowed to fire about 100 actors which is a huge win for them. Not sure why a big film studio is so anti-talent but the pattern seems consistent.

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

A wash? These changes allowed to fire about 100 actors which is a huge win for them. Not sure why a big film studio is so anti-talent but the pattern seems consistent.
And those actors are what makes the attractions so rerideable. You do Mickey's Runaway train once and it will be the same tomorrow and 3 years from now, but The Great Movie Ride was always going to be a little different based on who the driver was.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A wash? These changes allowed to fire about 100 actors which is a huge win for them. Not sure why a big film studio is so anti-talent but the pattern seems consistent.
Because it’s viewed as wasteful overhead with no direct revenue stream

We don’t have to like it…but that’s what it is

Christina M

Crowds at DHS today at 3:40 EST I’ve never seen anything like this. other parks weren’t quite as bad but not good. Regretting my trip planned next week. We are setting our expectations very low. View attachment 642758
Disney should've used some empty area and built a park specifically for Star Wars. HS has become insane. it isn't worth the price of admission to stand in line for hours and/or have to pay for Genie on top of park admission. INSANITY!

DisneyfanMA

Just looking at the line wait times on the Disney app on this beautiful Sunday. HS is double EP.

I am going to switch my days. Sunday EP, Monday HS. Not sure how much it will help but...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom