Crowds are CRAZY!!!!

disney4life2008

First, I am staying off property at the Marriott Grande Vista - OMG, it is stunning. While I love disney resorts, free internet, direct tv, i have a patio, a huge villa (studio) with tons of extras. But I own time share.

Anywho, I went to Hollywood Studios tonight for Fantasmic! The crowds were terrible. I arrived at 650pm for the 2nd showing thinking I will be at the front of the line. I was wrong, the long was deep to the entrance. I was here a year ago and it was empty. Clearly, people got money again. I made it in and the show was great as always.

One final note, the angus onion burger at HS, OMG.. DELICIOUS!!!

D. F. Duck

As I was walking into AK at 8:30 AM this past Monday morning, I overheard a "management type" CM announce to the nearby ticket-booth CMs that they were approaching a Phase-3! At 8:30! On a non-holiday Monday morning!?!?!

Upvote 0

GOT2SAMMIES

I am not surprised! We just got back and the begining of the week was great but towards the end it was packed. Since Fantasmic was only shown on Thursday, that's the day we went to the studios. We did the 6:30 show and by the time we got out the 8:00 show line was already down the street ALMOST to the corner:eek:. I was so glad we changed plans and did the 6:30 show!

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
As I was walking into AK at 8:30 AM this past Monday morning, I overheard a "management type" CM announce to the nearby ticket-booth CMs that they were approaching a Phase-3! At 8:30! On a non-holiday Monday morning!?!?!

There were no phase closing this week at any of the parks. My guess is that he was a ticket or guest relations manager of some sort and "phase 3" must have a different meaning to them.

Upvote 0
There was a horrible crowd for Fantasmic when we were there back in early May as well. It was crazy. The rest of that trip the crowds were quite moderate though. We go back in 3 weeks, I expect the crowd level to be pretty high because it seems to get worse and worse every year.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Original Poster
Day 2...

Touring Plans had today listed as a 1 (ONE). Absolutely not, crowds were heavy at MK all day. It wasnt horrific but more like a 6 or 7. Waits were main attractions topped 40 mins.

I arrived at 9am (finally saw the welcome show). I was able to complete the entire park by 6pm.

The Christmas Party was PACKED however. I was so glad I did not buy a ticket.

Upvote 0

KC82271

We were there from the 7th to the 11th - and we have done the same week for the last 3 years. This had to be the most crowded it has been in the 4 visits. It wasn't summer crowded, but not empty like it had been. Looks like the economy must be picking up!

Upvote 0

thewhitequeen

I use the touring planners to plan my days only. Over the years, the daily crowd levels have been completely off. So, my advice to people planning trips is to expect crowds and be pleasantly surprised when the waits are minimal. I, personally, try not to travel over spring break or peak summer.

Upvote 0

NattyBumppo

And the crowds from 11/11-11/19? How were they in general?

11/13 and 11/14 were very busy, but i think the long vets day weekend played into it. 11/15 was light in epcot, 11/16 was light in AK, and 11/17 was light in MK. 11/18 in DHS was busy but still with shorter waits for ToT and ~30 mine wait for RnRcoaster. MMVMCP on 11/18 was light it would seem as I could walk on any ride easily. This was my 1st MMVMCP so I have no basis of comparison.

Upvote 0

ABigBrassBand

Well nearing Christmas I'd only imagine they'd be severly crowded, which makes me concerned for my trip January 8th-10th...it's on a weekend, which is why we're going. Last year we went around the same time and the crowds were fine (bar Soarin' and TSMM), but I can't remember specifically the weekend crowds.

Can someone help me with this? I'm just thinking about which parks I should tackle...was thinking about arriving at 12pm on Friday, going straight to DAK and exploring, heading to DHS and then to EPCOT until 12am...do you think the crowds will be fine for these?

Upvote 0

becanya

Weekend (12, 13,14) - what you would expect: crowded with locals. 15th thru 18th? Pretty much empty at all parks. Sandy and I got to Waltz thru the que at Philharmagic again :). And Peter Pan was a short que eight minute walk on :).

Friday the 19th - MASSIVE influx at the WL... as expected, entire nations were arriving to fight it out for park position :). Just about the time we were getting on the outgoing DME bus :).

Thanks Trotsky, that is very helpful. We're going next year from Friday Nov 11-Sunday Nov 20. I'm expecting the 12-13 to be crazy, as well as 18-19. But we'll get out before the Thanksgiving crowds.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom