Crowds are CRAZY!!!!

disney4life2008

First, I am staying off property at the Marriott Grande Vista - OMG, it is stunning. While I love disney resorts, free internet, direct tv, i have a patio, a huge villa (studio) with tons of extras. But I own time share.

Anywho, I went to Hollywood Studios tonight for Fantasmic! The crowds were terrible. I arrived at 650pm for the 2nd showing thinking I will be at the front of the line. I was wrong, the long was deep to the entrance. I was here a year ago and it was empty. Clearly, people got money again. I made it in and the show was great as always.

One final note, the angus onion burger at HS, OMG.. DELICIOUS!!!

becanya

11/13 and 11/14 were very busy, but i think the long vets day weekend played into it. 11/15 was light in epcot, 11/16 was light in AK, and 11/17 was light in MK. 11/18 in DHS was busy but still with shorter waits for ToT and ~30 mine wait for RnRcoaster. MMVMCP on 11/18 was light it would seem as I could walk on any ride easily. This was my 1st MMVMCP so I have no basis of comparison.

Thanks for the info on MMVMCP, that's the night we will likely go next year. Good to hear it wasn't as crazy as some of the reports I've been hearing on here.

Upvote 0

rowdyray

We are arriving on the Sunday after Thanksgiving and staying for a week. We have heard in the past that the week after Thanksgiving is a great week to go. However, this might be skewed by free dining this year. How do you guys think crowds will be that week?

Upvote 0

Nikki M

And the crowds from 11/11-11/19? How were they in general?

We were there from Nov 7-18. The crowds were HORRIBLE from 7-14, then average from 15-18. We went to the 16th MVMCP and it was crowded, but not as crowded as the MVMCP we went to last year on the 18th. We were very disappointed with the crowds. We went last year at the same time and the parks were empty and it was so wonderful. TSM was 60-120 the entire time we were there, even during EMH. Haunted Mansion line was out to Liberty Square Riverboat. You could barely walk through the countries in EPCOT until food and wine festival was over. We think it was the combination of food and wine, free dining, and the golf tournament.

We still had a great time, but we could not get as much done in a day b/c of fighting the crowds and waiting longer in line. Next time we will not be going during food and wine and free dining.

Upvote 0
I was at the world also from 11-8 to 11-19 for the 5th year in a row basically the same week. I was not shocked due to the increase in crowd levels each year but I can honestly say it was a big disapointment. The 8-14th was packed at the parks. I took my 4 almost 5 year old twins and it was almost impossible to ride dumbo, peter pan and toy story without a very long wait. Other rides were not too bad. One thing I observed was how many people from South America were there. I always speak to people in line, buses, etc. and found it very difficult to find an American. Everyone was speaking I guess Portugese. Are they giving these trips away in Brazil? No ...they were not huge groups of kids, and they were very polite and quiet. But one thing is for sure..if you want to return Disney crowd levels to their old self, then build a Disney in Brazil!!!!

Upvote 0

irmonkey

I was there from 11/14 to 11/19 and they were pretty light overall. Most rides were walk on. Epcot was very busy on 11/14 but it was the final day of the food and wine festival. We went over to MK for EMH after we left Epcot and there was barely anybody in the park.

We went on HM and were the only people in the stretching room except for the cast member. Funnily enough she still said for everyone to move two steps in from the wall. I guess you get into a routine... ;)

And the crowds from 11/11-11/19? How were they in general?

Upvote 0

ThankstoMOM

We are arriving on the Sunday after Thanksgiving and staying for a week. We have heard in the past that the week after Thanksgiving is a great week to go. However, this might be skewed by free dining this year. How do you guys think crowds will be that week?
To help with your question, My DW and I were down there over T-day last year and the week after. I have heard alot of whining about the crowd levels and dont understand for the life of me. The Saturday evening after T-Day and the following week, The parks were Extremely lite!!! We more or less walked on almost every ride, the longest wait was a 25 mins at a broke down Test Track, Soarin' is always long so it doesn't count. Went to MVMCP on the 30th If I recall, and walked on Splash Mountain 5 times in a row,Haunted Mansion 4 times Etc..Etc... I'm use to Spring break and summer crowds so I was expecting the worst from what I have read over the years, but was shocked,We ended up not even using most of our fastpasses.

Sorry for the rant but the DW and I are like 35hrs from leaving for 10days of Disney:D:D:D:D:D

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

Well we leave next Friday, 9 days for today to be exact, but who's counting! :ROFLOL: This will be my second year going during this time of year and I sure hope the crowds die down! Can't wait!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom