Crocs with socks?

kverdon

Hi all,

My wife absolutely loves her Crocs and plans to where them to WDW in 3 weeks :sohappy: :sohappy: . The only problem is that they wear on the top of her foot on long walks. We were wondering if anyone wears socks with their crocs (this is starting to sound like Dr. Seuss.. :p ) and if so what type of socks you wear.

thanks,

Kevin and Mona

Disneyfalcon

Does anyone have experience with the croc flip flops like the Ithicas? I want to try some for WDW. My kids have the traditional crocs and they are SUPER comfortable - my son's fit me :) - I know I could make it through the day at WDW with them.

I'm wondering if the flip flops are really and truly just as comfortable as the traditional ones? Really? Truly?

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Does anyone have experience with the croc flip flops like the Ithicas? I want to try some for WDW. My kids have the traditional crocs and they are SUPER comfortable - my son's fit me :) - I know I could make it through the day at WDW with them.

I'm wondering if the flip flops are really and truly just as comfortable as the traditional ones? Really? Truly?

Well, I don't know about flip flops since I hate things in between my toes, but I have bought a pair of cleo's and they are super comfy, was able to wear them all day in the parks without any problems.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Thanks Shoppingnut! If the cleos are just as comfortable I would think the Ithicas should be too. (Although I understand the thing between your toes problem)

Upvote 0

JDM

I had to chuckle about the mental picture of Crocs with socks.
(please read this entire post before venting at me).

I've always thought Crocs looked silly.....even more so than the "clogs" fad from the 70's.

And socks with sandals (or crocs in this case---and yes, I know they're not technically sandals) always looked silly to me as well, like something old men would wear.

HOWEVER.....having said that.....I agree with those who say that comfort is the MOST important thing for your feet at Disney. If wearing socks with these shoes makes you comfortable, then by all means do it. beats the heck out of dealing with blisters and foot pain.

(And believe me, if silly-looking footwear was the worst fashion observable around Disney, it would be FINE!)
:)

have fun!

Upvote 0

imagineer99

Crocs are kinda like jorts (jearn shorts), no matter how you try to rationalize it, you still look like an idiot...;)
Jorts.jpg

You want to be comfortable? Just wear friggin' tennis shoes/trainers/sneakers.

Upvote 0

natolij02

There are some sandal socks. they are essentially just a piece of material that slips over your foot, kind of looks like a real small headband. It would be just enough material to cover the spot that irritates her foot with out the look of socks. I too will be there in 3 weeks....all my crocs in hand with the same problem.

Upvote 0

3fordisney

I, personally, do not wear Crocs. I wouldn't, personally, wear socks with them either. If she wants to, thats up to her. It shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks. She'll be at WDW and she shouldn't have a care in the world.

I do have a suggestion for anyone who gets blisters. We tried the Ban-Aid blister stick. It is green and small. Its a stick that you rub on the areas of your foot to prevent blisters. It works wonders! My husband always gets blisters at WDW and didn't get one this last trip. I highly recommend her try it on the areas her crocs bother her. It was about $6 at walmart and cvs. We will not go to WDW again without it. Hope that helps her out!!

Upvote 0

WIX

I Agree with crazydaveh 100%:

"Seriously, who cares. You're at a tourist place where you will most likely never see anyone outside of your group again in your lifetime. Do what you have to do to stay comfotable! Being on your feet all day can kill a person, so tell her to be comfy while enjoying the world!"

Upvote 0

WDWEric

When were at WDW in April we didn't wear socks with our Crocs, maybe in December we would wear socks but we were perfectly comfortable without them, I didn't think I would wear them everyday but they were so comfortable!

Upvote 0

MrBug

We got home from WDW day before yesterday and wife's now an (apparently) proud owner of the Disney crocs that appeared to be for sale at intervals of approx every 20 feet once you step into the parks... I like a bit more structural integrity to my footwear but was quite proud of myself for holding my tongue when an escalator at MCO demonstrated why crocs are not smart shoes.... :zipit:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom