Creepy original WDW commercial

Now that i think of it i feel the Eastern Airlines commercial was telling the truth about what lies in the Magic Kingdom...

Here is the mickey mouse review!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4dU_PlFy1g

Now that is scary
This is what was originally was at Phillharmagic

I LOVE IT!!!! Especially the little doormouse popping up from the tuba and Gus and Jaq playing the trombone!!! ... Did anyone else notice that Dopey was playing a flute instead of the drums (like he did in the movie)?

just saw "What If Nobody Comes?" and it was weird...why were kids on the roofs on Main Street? and when was the last time you saw 50+ kids (like 10 and younger) walk slowly w/out adults in a park? ::sidenote:: with all these scary commericals as anyone found the "I'm too excitied to sleep" WDW commerical?

Yup, it's about how Walt Disney was nervous and drank at the Golden horseshoe the night before it opened. You could tell he was beyond nervous when he was giving the dedication. I feel Landon's song captured that sick feel that Disney felt the night before it opened.

Umm...wasn't Walt dead before WDW even opened?...like, years before(1966, to be exact)? Did his frozen head give the dedication? :p:hammer:

yeti

And I thought the top seven vacation ads were bad. This thread is really creepin' me out.:lookaroun
It was kindof cool to see the Mickey mouse Review tho.

dopey

I LOVE IT!!!! Especially the little doormouse popping up from the tuba and Gus and Jaq playing the trombone!!! ... Did anyone else notice that Dopey was playing a flute instead of the drums (like he did in the movie)?

:lookaroun It was just one time... and I was drunk. :lookaroun

duckburg85

Original Poster
Umm...wasn't Walt dead before WDW even opened?...like, years before(1966, to be exact)? Did his frozen head give the dedication?

I know he was dead long before WDW opened, I was speaking about the song "what if no body comes?" It's a song about Walt being nervous about DisneyLands grand opening. It was featured on the show about Epcot With Micheal Landon.

SammuelGuthrie

Shades of...

It also kinda reminds me of Disney's "Watcher in the Woods" w/ Bette Davis (sp?)

It seems to me like that old commercial is supposed to be a "Alice in Wonderland" type story, but she's looking for the magic kingdom instead of home...and the Peter Pan kid is like the Chesire Cat...wouldn't have been that creepy at all back then, since the animated Alice came out in 1951, and most every teenager or 20 something would have seen it growing up...plus, back then, it was no big deal for kids to go roaming the woods, etc. There was no fear of being abducted, killed, etc...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom