Creepy original WDW commercial

DisneySam

Okay the first commercial was pretty scary (the big-head characters freak me out! LOL)

I had to turn off the second one, it just made me want to do "jazz hands" uncontrollably. The park does look so eerie with so little in it.

Thanks for the links!!!

Pippa

The first one was very un-nerving!

The second one.....well as a choreographer myself, I would NEVER own up to that commercial!!!!!!

barnum42

Come to Psycho World! :eek:

And as for that dodgy Seventies choreography. Unlike Pippa, I'm not a choreographer, but even I would not own up to that :hurl:

Great spots though, thanks for sharing :wave:

CoffeeJedi

i can't see the vids at work, but i assume its the one where they keep singing "There's Mooooore" again and again? Ironic when you think about how little was open, no BTMRR, no Space Mountain, and no Pirates on opening day. Heck, was the Carousell of Progress even open then, or was it still back in Anaheim in 71?

nelsonj3

Wow, the Mad Tea Party with no roof... interesting.

Also, as stated above, Tomorrowland looks really wierd since the whole back area wasn't even open. I guess Fantasyland probably stopped just past Mr. Toad and 20,000 Leagues then? My first time at WDW was in 1985. I never saw it in the 70's because I was born in 1979.

ErickainPA

I don't know about those commercials. If I saw them on tv I think I would have been more scared to go there than begging my parents to take me.

nickcarraway

I love, love, love the shot of the More! More! More! Dancers (no clue if that's their official name, but that's what I'm callin' 'em) spilling out of the tea cup at the end of the second video. There's more, there's more, there's more concussions!

Ok anyone else get a creepy "lost" vibe from the first commercial?? I dont think I will be able to sleep tonight either!

And as I choregrapher myself, I dont think I could ever own up to that. But the whole thing just screamed the 70's to me! I just could not stop laughing the whole time! The afros, the tiki room, the teacups, was that the crystal palace they were dancing in? ?? lol

So good though...oh wait theres MORE!

More Enchanment and Delight!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DYU9pROIH8&mode=related&search=

duckburg85

Original Poster
Yeah i posted the two videos on youtube, but i also played around with looping the crazy kids of the kingdom one. My brother also has posted a lot of old vintage Disney shows we saved from old Beta tapes and other sources that can't really be disclosed :lookaroun.

I can post some more links if people would like to revisist the past!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIiRuLPULqM

diddy_mouse

OMG....that was both disturbing and hi-larious. The park looked so, well...new!

Now I will have nightmares of crazy dancers in even more frightening matching red polyester outfits! :eek: :hurl:

the 1st one makes me grateful that character heads have shrunk but greatly disturbed by the music and whatnot....but i did like seeing the Walrus from Alice then 2nd one was an annonying musical where all the other visitors got whacked or something...

dopey

The first one serves as an excellent warning about the dangers of drug abuse.

After watching the second one, all I can say is less really is more. OK, the singing and dancing was repugnant. But what the heck was with those lyrics?

"So, as you wander through this wonderland, you'll find the wonders you never had planned. You think you had it, you don't understand. There's no need to toss out your oar. There's more...."

No need to toss out your oar? Is that some 70s expression that didn't catch on outside Disney? Walt's frozen head must've be spinning in his neuropreservation facility.

My favorite:

"You mustn't stop now, there's magic ahead. Don't cash your chips in, keep winning instead. Life is a kumquat...somebody said."

Setting aside the gambling reference, fitting the word "kumquat" into the song had to be somebody's idea of a joke. Had to be.

Hilarious stuff. Thanks for sharing! :lol:

dopey

Yeah i posted the two videos on youtube, but i also played around with looping the crazy kids of the kingdom one. My brother also has posted a lot of old vintage Disney shows we saved from old Beta tapes and other sources that can't really be disclosed :lookaroun.

I can post some more links if people would like to revisist the past!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIiRuLPULqM

What was with the subliminal images? Otherwise, pretty cool video. And Michael Landon sure made polyester look comfortable! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom