Creations Shop opening this summer

lazyboy97o

It's like someone heard the criticisms toward some of the recent names being too much of a mouthful, like how everyone was all Avatarland and Star Warsland and we got Pandora: The World of Avatar, and Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and so they ran with it in a non-intended direction.
To think, we could have had Creations Shop: The Merchandise of Evolving Epcot, a More Timeless, Disney and Family Fiendly Shopping Experience Inspired by Disney Mickey Mouse.

hopemax

Honestly, I would have been fine with simply, EPCOT Emporium. They could, since everything needs to be "Disneyfied" :rolleyes:, find some thematic way to tie it into MK's Emporium as if they shared a history, spanning across time. The 1901 version (with the expansion) and the whatever time Epcot is supposed to be now. Like how the Mitsukoshi store in Japan is part of a bigger retail history (real, though). Plus it's alliterative.

Inspired Figment

I think its nicely done.. reminds me a bit of mid century with the wood and windows and overall design..... id rather it be 2 story and like it was in the 80s but thats me.....
my big gripe is this
"Mickey Mouse mural along the side wall and homages to him throughout the interior. There large dynamic murals will showcase the global, contemporary icon that Mickey has become for generations around the world. "

Mickey doesnt belong in epcot... past present or future... let alone the focal point....... epcot has never needed to lean on the disney characters.... use a space mural or even figment... or just art!!
A shame they didn’t go the Centorium route tbh.. it showcased creativity MUCH better than what’s been shown off there in the concept art. It features ‘both’ an Astronaut Mickey ‘with’ Figment controlling the spaceship. I could easily see the rest of the store updated with some modern flair also.. just keep the theme about EPCOT and less typical “Shop Disney/Disney Store” with typical Mickey you see everywhere else within WDW; youtu.be/gU3q2XU2V6o

Attachments

• FBBD1AF2-20F1-4619-BCB3-243930A74C02.jpeg
    FBBD1AF2-20F1-4619-BCB3-243930A74C02.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 113

Inspired Figment

In all honesty I feel the issue is a lot less the name and more to do with the theming/lack thereof. This is supposed to the ‘MAIN’ shop for EPCOT and it doesn’t embody the park whatsoever. Granted, you could certainly make the argument it fits the current vision of the park well. Uninspired & lacking genuine creativity or imagination despite it’s name. But yeah. Lol

Haymarket2008

Not that I disagree with most people's assessment of the store, but what did Centorium bring to the table that Creations Shop doesn't? I'm not referring to exclusive and diverse items. Centorium, while giving us all glorious 80's mall vibe, was far from stunning and was screaming for update within 10 years.

Sir_Cliff

Not that I disagree with most people's assessment of the store, but what did Centorium bring to the table that Creations Shop doesn't? I'm not referring to exclusive and diverse items. Centorium, while giving us all glorious 80's mall vibe, was far from stunning and was screaming for update within 10 years.
I tend to agree. People don't like the 'theming' of this new version, but what was the theming of Centorium? It had a cool entry sign, but the interior looks like what I guess seemed like an ultra-contemporary department store at the time it opened. Other than going back to that nostalgic 1980s mall vibe, I don't quite know what those complaining want a 2021 version of the store to look like. Even the complaints about Mickey being represented in the store seem a bit off base looking at Martin's tribute video which shows character figures very liberally spread through the Centorium. The name is a bit meh, but also better than MouseGear.

All that said, Centorium is a super cool name that they should have brought back!

UNCgolf

I tend to agree. People don't like the 'theming' of this new version, but what was the theming of Centorium? It had a cool entry sign, but the interior looks like what I guess seemed like an ultra-contemporary department store at the time it opened. Other than going back to that nostalgic 1980s mall vibe, I don't quite know what those complaining want a 2021 version of the store to look like. Even the complaints about Mickey being represented in the store seem a bit off base looking at Martin's tribute video which shows character figures very liberally spread through the Centorium. The name is a bit meh, but also better than MouseGear.

All that said, Centorium is a super cool name that they should have brought back!

Why does it need to be compared to Centorium? The fact is that the concept art looks like a Macy's, much like the current World of Disney looks like a random department store.

I don't see why the original look of Centorium matters beyond someone specifically saying they wanted that back -- which I haven't seen much of in this thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom