Creations Shop opening this summer

EPICOT

I think we could all foresee that this would be a generic modern store, but it would have been nice if the murals could at least have been EPCOT inspired. But of course they had to choose a generic Mickey design. Why not Figment, as others have pointed out, or a design using the SSE pattern?

DisneyNorthFan

Can't say this does much for me, but will give them the benefit of the doubt that it will have an aesthetic that fits with the design of the updated entry and a store that makes the product the hero, which is sort of the point. The store isn't meant to be an attraction, but a vehicle for those that want to shop and experience/see products for purchase. You can argue about the quality of the merchandise not being to your liking, but *hopefully* the store design will prioritize the shopping experience. The name seems uninspired, but hopefully the visual execution will be fitting.

MrPromey

Agree 100%. They could name this new concept of a department store, 'BLAH', or maybe 'MEH'. 😪 You can find more magic and creativity in any Disney Outlet!
No "MEH"! Disney doesn't own the IP for the Emoji movie*... yet!

91EXvcYtRJL._SY445_.jpg

To my credit, I had a really, REALLY good excuse for seeing that one in the theater and by that I mean, not just the one I would usually use which is having my son with me!.. but yes, he was with me. 😣

*my sympathy for anyone who gets the joke - that means you had to sit through this movie :(

Last edited:

MrPromey

I wasn't a big fan of MouseGear (whew, no idea some people called it MouseGears...weirdos) but people know and recognize that name now. Creations Shop sounds like a DIY crafting place, not a regular merchandise store and I have a feeling a lot of tourists will be confused.

Sounds like a workable name for the new gift shop going into the soon-to-be redone Imagination Pavilion where they will offer several unique customizable stations for fun and personal souvenirs!

... Oh wait. :cautious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom