Creations Shop opening this summer

hopemax

Every time Disney uses words like sleek, all I read is "cheaper to install and maintain." Like so many others have said, all of these "refreshing" projects end up looking and feeling cold, sterile and just blah. MouseGear wasn't great, it was dark and heavy feeling. So more open, better lighting is potentially good. But in the future, I hope there is still fun, whimsy, happiness and many "futuristic" projects end up reading harsh, conforming (every retail outlet looking the same, based on some set of rules declared by an authority), utilitarian, etc. to me.

wdwfan22

I never understood house mouse gear fit into future world. It was a stretch. I think the concept art looks good and looking forward to it opening this summer.

Brer Oswald

It looks absolutely lifeless, but I was never a huge fan of MouseGears anyways. The windows are neat I guess. Don’t see myself using this as anything more than an AC tunnel...so same as MouseGears haha!

Brer Oswald

"Creations Shop features a bold, sleek design that creates a perfect showcase for the rich variety of items you’ll find as part of your EPCOT experience. It will be an open, bright, welcoming environment with huge glass walls that allow sunlight to pour in and make you feel like you’re in touch with nature even while indoors. We are using color, materials and light in new ways with some unique EPCOT touches that connect back to this park’s storied past while looking to the future." - Intagramineer Extraordinaire Zach Ridley

Maybe it's just me, but every time he puts out a public statement I taste bile...
I cannot wait to purchase inclusive products at an immersive store that reflects the opportunity and storytelling that EPCOT is known for.

UNCgolf

It looks a bit bland, though at least the emphasis on natural light is returning. I seem to have the opposite reaction of you all - I never cared for MouseGear, in fact it was one of the first IP-inserts to Epcot, and I always felt it was out of place. I'll take "bland, but fits" over that.

Definitely needs a better name, though.

I was never really a fan of MouseGear.

I'm also not a fan of opening a Macy's in the middle of EPCOT, though.

Bocabear

Why does everything now have to look and sound "upscale" and monotone?
In its original form it was modern, upscale and impactful...
Seems nowadays everyone is taking their clues from Ikea... It is sad...
and it is not impactful...just boring and usual...
Thing is, an engaging exciting interior attracts shoppers to buy...
Not a bland sterile space. Boo TDO... you have forgotten what "Disney" means...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom