Creations Shop opening this summer

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Seems to be the new trend in store design, here is the new Universal store at City Walk
Capture.JPG

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Hopefully the merchandise will be as inspiring and original as well.

Is it wrong out of all the new projects this may be the thing I’m most interested in south of SSE?

Knowing the type of merchandise they peddle these days, I’m not hopeful.

My god, I’m so sick and tired of reading the PR 💩this guy posts. I know he’s just the messenger for a lot of this crap, but it’s still irritating as hell to read.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
What else is there to look forward to honestly? A pathway with some water fountains? A monstrosity on the lagoon? Actually, Space220 should be nice.

"We were inspired by Mickey as our subject for creativity"...jesus christ. You literally have a character that is all about imagination but don't use them. What is wrong with WDI? Did they all have a collective stroke?

The entrance is perfect. This looks fine I guess. Hoping the QS is decent.

What’s wrong with WDI? This is strictly my view of things: Departure of talent due to attrition/layoffs, and management meddling. Both have gotten worse over the last 15 years.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
The only thing good about the name "Creations Shop" is that it gets rid of the reference to Mickey, which I always thought seemed off for the Epcot shop. Of course, now they're putting Mickey all over the shop anyways, so the one benefit of the name change is lost to me.

And I could come up with a better name is two seconds...How about Centorium! There, I did it!

SMRT-1Michael

While I was a fan of MouseGear in 2001... the look of the store and the overly embellished "Gear" theme was taken too literally and made for a cheapened futuristic concept. Glad they are reverting to sunshine, clean lines, open concept, etc. in the form of Creations Shop. Hopefully some FutureWorld characters of the past like SMRT-1, Figment, Mr Mustard, etc. find homes here.

BoarderPhreak

What else is there to look forward to honestly? A pathway with some water fountains? A monstrosity on the lagoon? Actually, Space220 should be nice...
Pretty much sums up my feelings on Epcot these days. Moanaland seems pretty lame, though it may be pretty. Meh. The crap in the lagoon is a blight on the landscape. I don't care how much water they pump out of those things... They're heinous. Space220 should be neat, but I suspect getting a rezzie there next to impossible, given the capacity. On the bright side, there's Rat and GotG. Definitely looking forward to an expanded France pavilion at any rate. Hopefully both rides will leave you wanting more instead of a one-and-done.

Repeat after me, one and all, "There is no "s" at the end of Mouse Gear, There is no "s" at the end of Mouse Gear, There is no "s" at the end of Mouse Gear"
Wait, what are you saying here? LOL

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
"Creations Shop features a bold, sleek design that creates a perfect showcase for the rich variety of items you’ll find as part of your EPCOT experience. It will be an open, bright, welcoming environment with huge glass walls that allow sunlight to pour in and make you feel like you’re in touch with nature even while indoors. We are using color, materials and light in new ways with some unique EPCOT touches that connect back to this park’s storied past while looking to the future." - Intagramineer Extraordinaire Zach Ridley

Maybe it's just me, but every time he puts out a public statement I taste bile...

SMRT-1Michael

"Creations Shop features a bold, sleek design that creates a perfect showcase for the rich variety of items you’ll find as part of your EPCOT experience. It will be an open, bright, welcoming environment with huge glass walls that allow sunlight to pour in and make you feel like you’re in touch with nature even while indoors. We are using color, materials and light in new ways with some unique EPCOT touches that connect back to this park’s storied past while looking to the future." - Intagramineer Extraordinaire Zach Ridley

Maybe it's just me, but every time he puts out a public statement I taste bile...
When I unfollowed him on Instagram.. it was then when I finally knew what achieving inner peace felt like.

Dizknee_Phreek

Seems to be the new trend in store design, here is the new Universal store at City Walk
View attachment 546824
At least the new Universal store has a slight hint of uniqueness to it. To me it looks like something in a modern theme park. Not just a bland store you could find anywhere else in the country.

Knowing the type of merchandise they peddle these days, I’m not hopeful.

My god, I’m so sick and tired of reading the PR 💩this guy posts. I know he’s just the messenger for a lot of this crap, but it’s still irritating as hell to read.
Yeah I loved the reference to "the rich variety of items"...you mean like the ones we can find in literally every other store on property? 🙄
Also agree about Zach. I can't put my finger on what exactly it is I don't like about him. Maybe it's the way he tries to make it sound like he gets why people loved the original Epcot and then everything he says is the exact opposite.

Now if they can only paint the exterior of the building... please no more stripes/swatches
Right?? Painting those buildings the original color would have been an instant upgrade.

Can't do that. How would they then be able to sell a retro T-Shirt with the Centorium name/logo on it in a store that's named Centorium?
The same way they sell retro Epcot shirts in a park named Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom