Creations Shop opening this summer

James Alucobond

Goodness, this is taking a long time. Do they still have to do the outside too?
Will this even be open by fall at this point?
Exterior seems more or less complete aside from the display windows. Interior also looks fairly complete from a structural standpoint. The end of the building with the restaurant is still in the works, but that was never scheduled to open alongside the other half of the building since it'll require to closure of the temporary MouseGear to complete. Autumn doesn't begin until late September. Should be fine.

Splashin' Ryan

By the time it opens, all the lush greenery they keep advertising in all the concept art through the mega glass windows will already be falling off the trees.
That is if they actually landscape the area outside the store, which, if you look at the walls they're putting up around the store the area likely wont be landscaped at all for opening.

peter11435

By the time it opens, all the lush greenery they keep advertising in all the concept art through the mega glass windows will already be falling off the trees.
That is if they actually landscape the area outside the store, which, if you look at the walls they're putting up around the store the area likely wont be landscaped at all for opening.
Yes because WDW is full of dead trees and barren landscaping

Splashin' Ryan

Yes because WDW is full of dead trees and barren landscaping
Obviously, most of WDW is landscaped yes, but the crater at Epcot certainly isn't. I was not implying they would never landscape the area, I'm saying it doesn't look like it'll be ready for opening, which if you look at the timeline of this project, is absurd.
The galactic starcruiser hotel already has hundreds of trees planted around it and isn't even opening until next year, meanwhile, a project opening this season has no landscaping at all yet (popcorn stand area aside).

James Alucobond

Obviously, most of WDW is landscaped yes, but the crater at Epcot certainly isn't. I was not implying they would never landscape the area, I'm saying it doesn't look like it'll be ready for opening, which if you look at the timeline of this project, is absurd.
There’s really just no point in doing it yet when the east building isn’t complete. Based on how large the plaza berms look to be in the concept art, you’d end up obstructing construction vehicles.

lazyboy97o

The galactic starcruiser hotel already has hundreds of trees planted around it and isn't even opening until next year, meanwhile, a project opening this season has no landscaping at all yet (popcorn stand area aside).
Landscaping is usually done at the last minute.

vikescaper

Goodness, this is taking a long time. Do they still have to do the outside too?
Will this even be open by fall at this point?
That’s a good question because they said it would open later this summer. I thought it would have been open by Labor Day but all news has gone quiet. Maybe October 1 is the goal?

Poseidon Quest

October is not "summer" no matter how you try and spin it...
I don't even think most of the world thinks of September as summer...
even though technically September 22nd is the last day of Summer.

If I recall, The Edison was slated to open in 2017. They stuck to their promise by opening on December 31st 2017 for a limited attendance paid event.

Last edited:

DreamfinderGuy

Wardrobe department, though it could be a temporary option until the park’s major costume update
That would be my thought. I’m shocked they still have those old Innoventions shirts available, and double shocked they would choose them to bring back considering they’re green and Creations isn’t in the designated green area of the park. Too bad they couldn’t have brought back the Energy costumes, would’ve played into the area still and been a fitting placeholder

castlecake2.0

That would be my thought. I’m shocked they still have those old Innoventions shirts available, and double shocked they would choose them to bring back considering they’re green and Creations isn’t in the designated green area of the park. Too bad they couldn’t have brought back the Energy costumes, would’ve played into the area still and been a fitting placeholder
I’m assuming it’s because that’s what they had the most of and it matched better than the current mouse gear costume. Not sure if they still have the old energy costume but there would not have been enough for the amount of people. It seems like there’s a potential mix and match costume program coming for most of future world merch/foods from the sound of things

tanc

Only 24 days until it's not summer anymore. I wish the Mouse Gear was never changed. What an amazing store that was, it was the best in park store. I think it was better then the World of Disney.

Now when I go to the "Creations Shop" (probably the most unimaginative name ever) I can feel like I'm in a shopping mall while in Disney I guess.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Only 24 days until it's not summer anymore. I wish the Mouse Gear was never changed. What an amazing store that was, it was the best in park store. I think it was better then the World of Disney.

Now when I go to the "Creations Shop" (probably the most unimaginative name ever) I can feel like I'm in a shopping mall while in Disney I guess.
It seems like they all they did was draw on the design features and style from an Apple store. Everything seems the same from the stoic and bland design details to the marked up overpriced merchandise that was designed in California and made in China.

vikescaper

Technically, meteorological Fall started on September 1. Maybe what they meant was that it will open sometime later this hurricane season…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom