Creations Shop opening this summer

TikibirdLand

Is he trying to say they were inspired by Walt to tear down CommuniCore West? Did I read that right? It sounds like he's saying it inspired CommuniCore itself, but then he's saying it's inspiring the future. I'm confused.
yeah, that's the portion of the movie where Walt is saying, "Here, we're going to build CommuniCore and let it rot for 20 years. Then, we're going to tear it down". I LOVE that part of the movie!

DreamfinderGuy

yeah, that's the portion of the movie where Walt is saying, "Here, we're going to build CommuniCore and let it rot for 20 years. Then, we're going to tear it down". I LOVE that part of the movie!
"We liked Walt's modular design, it inspired EPCOT's modular design. But we didn't like that so we tore it down for a new modular design. It's what Walt wanted."

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
More carefully crafted drivel that uses a lot of words, even ties in to Walt, but says nothing. Reading the comments on his post shows a lot of people are clueless drooling fanbois. Case in point:

3B9FF9C9-F7F8-4C15-9802-EF4DDF937DFA.jpeg

And if he truly “loves studying the history and process of our designs”... he gets an F on the exam.

sedati

The logistics and expense of keeping things cutting edge was one of the reasons they didn't build the city. Making it a theme park only scaled down the problem- didn't solve it.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The logistics and expense of keeping things cutting edge was one of the reasons they didn't build the city. Making it a theme park only scaled down the problem- didn't solve it.

Governance was the largest obstacle, those pesky people act in their own self-interest and not by the dictates of a master plan.

Monorail_Red_77

I’ve got $10 on him trying to connect all of the new landscaping that is replacing CommuniCore West to EPCOT being a Garden City of To-Morrow.
Yeah I can see it now. Imagineering plants a large hedge in the shape of Communicore West. You know, to give something back to those Epcot fans. Ugh! Imagineering has been going downhill since at least 2012 based on all the "new" stuff.

Monorail_Red_77

you want to build something close to what walt was thinking...... remove roads and add people movers and monorails... this drivel they are trying to push as the narrative now is a joke...
View attachment 558836
View attachment 558837
I know we will never get them. But we need more monorail and Peoplemover routes. Heck even more Skyliner connections at this point would be a good thing. Anything to get away from the bus situation.
My visit back in April saw at least five different charter bus companies shuttling guests between Disney parks and resorts on behalf of WDW Transport. I rode one. This was due to the bus driver shortage currently, I assume.

ppete1975

I know we will never get them. But we need more monorail and Peoplemover routes. Heck even more Skyliner connections at this point would be a good thing. Anything to get away from the bus situation.
My visit back in April saw at least five different charter bus companies shuttling guests between Disney parks and resorts on behalf of WDW Transport. I rode one. This was due to the bus driver shortage currently, I assume.
It will never happen, but had they built the infrastructure prior to the hotels it could have worked. Now its too costly with not enough return.

flutas

Same experience, that and waiting an hour and a half for a bus to springs at one point...

Creathir

Same experience, that and waiting an hour and a half for a bus to springs at one point...
Uber is your friend…
$10-$15 later and you just saved 1.5 hours of your life.

(Not to excuse situations like this, I find them infuriating, particularly trying to make a dinner reservation…)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom