News Crazy fight in Toontown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
That's nuts.
I'd love to know what precipitated it.
It was hard to know if it was the same family or two different families and who was on who's side since they were all fighting each other.

mandelbrot

I would be hesitant to label it racism if I were you. Let’s not ignore that there are poverty communities where the people have no education where this kind of behavior is accepted and takes place. It’s not an issue of race, but one of class. Fortunately, at least here in the United States, class isn’t permanent and these communities just need some help to escape poverty. Instead of chanting racism and pretending these problems don’t exist while they get worse, we need to figure out a way to actually help these communities.
You are assuming these people come from a poor community. Why? They are at one of the most expensive theme parks in the world.

bclane

Thank God there was at least one person in the crowd that at least appears to have had some actual training. He just walked up and put a rear naked choke on the guy and ended it instantly. Then he just kinda walks away. Right on! We learned that the very first night I started taking BJJ and it is a very effective submission. Had it not been for that guy it might have turned into an even bigger mess. The other guys pulling the perp backwards helped, but I doubt he needed the help. Disneyland definitely needs to work on their response protocol for situations like this.

NormC

Sorry, you don't intervene in domestic violence. Let the security officers handle it. They should be better trained. IF not, the police should be called and the perpetrators incarcerated. The victims will very likely not press charges. That's why getting involved will not work. Innocent bystanders getting involved will likely get it on both sides. The domestic violence victim is more battled tested than the typical good Samaritan. She will take his side when pressed. He will dismiss domestic violence as justified by the "weaker" woman. Just stay out of it.
Sorry, but if I was there I would have stepped in. It is just the way I am. There is no justification for striking a woman like that no matter what she said or did. That "guy" lost his man card. I would not be concerned with the repercussions, legal or otherwise.

DanielBB8

Sorry, but if I was there I would have stepped in. It is just the way I am. There is no justification for striking a woman like that no matter what she said or did. That "guy" lost his man card. I would not be concerned with the repercussions, legal or otherwise.
Are you a social worker? What would you know what to do? Would you restrain him? Would you counsel the woman?

Who exactly cares if he lost his man card? It is irrelevant to this situation. You're personalizing it, which makes it harder for her to make the objective decision that could benefit her much better. Worse is she's staying happily or not with him. There's a reason some women stay with abusers and it doesn't exactly not happen with the next one.

Stripes

You are assuming these people come from a poor community. Why? They are at one of the most expensive theme parks in the world.
There seems to be a lack of sense in this family and the fact that they are attending an expensive theme park doesn’t negate the possibility that they are poor. If it is clear they lack basic responsibility, surely it is plausible they lack financial responsibility as well. I would not assume it to be the case, but it’s certainly plausible.

andysol

Love all they keyboard warriors in here saying they'd step in, I'd rather not leave DL with a traumatic brain injury from getting punched in the head just so some bozos were fighting it out. It's ridiculous how long security took though.
Love all the keyboard warriors in here who constantly speak up for women's rights and social justice. Yet when confronted with actually being able to do something while a woman is getting assaulted they say "not my place" or "they don't get paid to do that".

All talk and no action. Color me not surprised.

KBLovedDisney

I don’t think he was specifically stating that this particular family was from a poor community. Nonetheless, there seems to be a lack of sense in this family and the fact that they are attending an expensive theme park doesn’t negate the possibility that they are poor. If it is clear they lack basic responsibility, surely it is plausible they lack financial responsibility as well.
Honestly, what if they really only lack good wholesome common sense not to act like fools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom