News Crazy fight in Toontown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stripes

If Disney is like other employers, security officers are allowed to put their hands on guests. Other employees, no matter how high up the ranks they are, can be fired for doing so.

The janitor had no power to address the situation. DL security should have responded faster.

TsWade2

Disgraceful! I don't know if it happens before, (maybe exception to the drunk guy fighting security near Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout AKA Tower of Terror. This is suppose to be a family friendly theme park not a Jerry Springer theme park. I hope they get banned from the park for their brutal behavior. :mad:

Nirya

This wasn't a failure in response time. The first security officer was on the scene in a bit over two minutes. You can't have security by every trash can and the park is 85 acres. Two-plus minutes is not unreasonable for security to reach a disturbance. The problem, of course, is the reaction. Or lack of.

You’re assuming the video captured the entire altercation from its very inception. Considering the video already begins with the two guys at fists up and circling each other, it’s more likely that this had been going on for much longer, and we’re just seeing the point where someone decided to record it.

aw14

So your assertion is that by default, men should be strong, brave, and willing to go into harms way? o_O
Honestly, there was a time when this was true, and I do believe it was safer as a result. My wife comments a lot about the differences in men now from when we were younger (we are early 40's). It has gotten sad. As I said in the other thread about this, I mutter to think what would have happened in the early 90's, when my father was alive if he witnessed that. There was a time when men did stand up for women, whether they knew them or not.

TROR

Best way to be sure of that is for you to stay out of the parks.
Is this supposed to be an insult (implying I dress trashy, which I certainly don’t), or just a weak comeback in defense of trashy people saying I'm the problem and not the people who lack class (because that's completely backwards)?

Disneyland charges class, I expect to see class.

Minthorne

Is this supposed to be an insult (implying I dress trashy, which I certainly don’t), or just a weak comeback in defense of trashy people saying I shouldn’t visit Disneyland?

Disneyland charges class, I expect to see class.

It's a fact - you said you'd rather not see trashy people. If you don't go to the parks you won't see people who you don't want to see. If it were an insult, you would have to judge yourself as trashy and be looking in a mirror. On that topic I won't comment.

However, I'm sure that someone in the world could look at you and judge you as trashy from their subjective point of view. Just as you have a subjective view of trashy. Planks in the eye and all, ya know.

TROR

It's a fact - you said you'd rather not see trashy people. If you don't go to the parks you won't see people who you don't want to see. If it were an insult, you would have to judge yourself as trashy and be looking in a mirror. On that topic I won't comment.

However, I'm sure that someone in the world could look at you and judge you as trashy from their subjective point of view. Just as you have a subjective view of trashy. Planks in the eye and all, ya know.
If someone finds tucked in button ups trashy, they have a backwards world view.

VJ

It mainly protects against things like obscenities and hate speech, but that hasn't stopped people at Epcot wearing shirts bragging about how drunk they're going to get.
Because getting drunk is so normalized in today's society that it's not seen as a bad thing.

Which honestly, coming from someone who's surrounded by alcoholics, shouldn't be the case in my opinion.

SSG

You’re assuming the video captured the entire altercation from its very inception. Considering the video already begins with the two guys at fists up and circling each other, it’s more likely that this had been going on for much longer, and we’re just seeing the point where someone decided to record it.
But that's an assumption as well. We don't know when this kicked off or when security was alerted or where the nearest security officer was when the alert came in. We do know that an officer was there 2-plus minutes into the video. And came to think of it, we don't actually know that, because that was just the point when the officer was seen in the video. She could have been there longer but the camera hadn't moved toward her yet.

Anyway, all I'm saying is the response time did not seem unreasonable, based on the evidence we have.

Stevek

Original Poster

C58886D3-AF20-48BF-8AC6-70E5DFA6A01C.jpeg

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Bad idea for him. I know that it used to be understood that men should step up to the plate and do something about an errant jackwagon, but the second he steps in, even to defend the woman in question, she will turn right around and start defending the guy she was just getting smacked by against you. Cops see that scenario on domestic abuse calls all the time. Now from your own perspective you suddenly go from a defense of others situation to a situation where you are now an aggressor in a dispute not involving you and now you get to look at assault and battery charges, all captured on film, while the woman he was going to save is now testifying against you in both a criminal AND civil court cases. Keep in mind they will be very interested in the criminal case against you as proving you were an aggressor with video and testimony so once your convicted, that conviction gets to be used against you in the civil trial when they shake you down for money.
I respect your opinion. Knowing my husband for over 25 years, he would not be analyzing the legal aspects of him helping others in a time of urgent need. One of the reasons I married him is precisely for his character and how he feels about doing the right thing.

VJ

The original tweet (I didn't get a screenshot before it was deleted):
In response to Guests' concerns regarding the altercation that occurred at Disneyland––the safety of our Cast and Guests remains our priority. As it’s currently under investigation, we cannot share additional info. @AnaheimPD is handling the investigation. [link to AnaheimPD tweet]

GingerGirl3

This video was sickening but I do worry that being in CA Disney’s hands are tied to a very scary degree. Everyone sues for everything now and the media has vilified police officers so how much do you really expect Disney security to do? It’s just the trickle down of laws and policies that have set CA back. We always see officers at DTD, has Disney ever paid officers to patrol inside the parks? Given the huge financial incentives to keep tourists bringing in money to the city you’d think they’d do what cities and sports stadiums do and pay for officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom