News Crazy fight in Toontown

Status
Not open for further replies.

shambolicdefending

It has been Disneyland's policy since it opened.

Whether that is Good or Bad, well, there are good and bad things about it.

Due to my associations with facilities security in general (government related), I will opt to say no more.

Anti-terrorism is a real thing for Disney parks across the globe. No doubt there are considerable security measures behind the scenes.

Sir_Cliff

Anti-terrorism is a real thing for Disney parks across the globe. No doubt there are considerable security measures behind the scenes.
Disneyland Paris is pretty upfront about it. I've seen police officers with dogs stationed outside the hotels and wandering around their Disney Village area. I am not positive, but I'm pretty sure I've seen uniformed officers in the parks there, too. Not to mention the airport scanners for your bags every time you enter the hotels as well as the parks.

Stevek

Original Poster
The original tweet (I didn't get a screenshot before it was deleted):
I screenshot it as well.

6BB3B55D-416F-433F-948F-ED08426C7228.jpeg

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
am i the only one thinking put your phone down & get help or help someone instead of filming it to post online? anything for social media nowadays 🙄

Yeah, good luck with that. If the guy didn’t shoot the video then how is anyone going to prove anything? Video evidence is pretty damn powerful. He also shot it in proper landscape mode and kept the camera stable. He did what he was supposed to do. Way more than “the security” ever did.

Last edited:

drizgirl

Yeah, good luck with that. If the guy didn’t shoot the video then how is anyone going to prove anything? Video evidence is pretty damn powerfully. He also shot it in proper landscape mode and kept the camera stable. He did what he was supposed to do. Way more than “the security” ever did.
Without the video, everyone would be saying today that it had been exaggerated and that Disney didn't have a better response because it was a minor incident that didn't warrant a bigger response.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t really think it reflects badly on Disney...

Until 5 minutes into the fight when there were about 13 helpless name tags letting punches still get thrown.

That does look bad.

I gotta wonder though...I’ve never seen an altercation allowed to go so long with women being hit in the head...repeatedly.

I think if that were to happen in wdw...enough aggressive northEASTerners would have “citizen arrested” those fools to the concrete. Fights don’t go on for long.

Last edited:

NateD1226

I'm not sure if I should read this thread. We all know this will go away in about 1-2 weeks. Yes, Disney has been having a somewhat rough summer, but let's just focus on some the good things Disney has been having lately ( if there is any haha) This might be a dumb example but we all know that there are these memes that go around for around 1-2 weeks and then disappear forever. That is exactly what is going on here. Disney says they will fix it but they wont, the family may get charges against them, and everything will go back to normal.

mf1972

g
Yeah, good luck with that. If the guy didn’t shoot the video then how is anyone going to prove anything? Video evidence is pretty damn powerful. He also shot it in proper landscape mode and kept the camera stable. He did what he was supposed to do. Way more than “the security” ever did.
good point 👍. i thought about that a few hours after my original post.

cheezbat

They’re supposed to ‘try’ and separate the people fighting without physically touching. Easier said than done. It’s the job of the police to do what is necessary to subdue them. When people start fighting, it’s almost unstoppable until the police get involved. If a cast member gets in the middle of it, there’s a good chance they’ll get decked or injured.

I’ve had to deal with fights like this in the past with my job....and we’ve gotten plenty of negative press because of it. Most of the time the fights start because somebody ‘disrespected’ somebody else. Some people just don’t think before acting.

Darkbeer1

I’m so glad Disney came out to say they didn’t condone this behavior. The whole time I was watching the video, I was so confused wondering and agonizing over whether or not Disney approved of these actions!

With the lack of planned entertainment at the DLR currently, maybe DL Management thought it was a rehearsal for "Jerry Springer LIVE! at Disneyland" and wanted to judge the crowd's response.

StarWarsGirl

I don’t really think it reflects badly on Disney...

Until 5 minutes into the fight when there were about 13 helpless name tags letting punches still get thrown.

That does look bad.

I gotta wonder though...I’ve never seen an altercation allowed to go so long with women being hit in the head...repeatedly.

I think if that were to happen in wdw...enough aggressive northwesterners would have “citizen arrested” those fools to the concrete. Fights don’t go on for long.
Not that we can say for certain, but it probably would not have gone on as long at WDW just because WDW is so much bigger that it functions more like a city and you get this type of nonsense happening more frequently. Plus WDW has Reedy Creek; they'd have Disney security and Reedy Creek officers pretty quickly. Hopefully Disney learns from this incident and puts measures in place should it come up in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom