Covid Vaccine Updates and General Discussion About Vaccines

Will you take a Covid vaccine once one is approved and deemed safe and effective by the FDA?

• Yes, stick me please

• No, I will wait

• No, I will never take one

Results are only viewable after voting.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
New Jersey is opening up vaccinations to all residents on 4/19!
New Jersey is opening up weeks and weeks of futile attempts to score a vaccine reservation.

I was in the 1a group, and it took a month to get an appointment thanks to NJ opening up to 65+ at the prior administration's panicked urging.

People are still waiting on getting a reservation without that new population being added.

NJ's and other state's "opening up reservations" is a feel-good stunt and not based on availability or the wisdom of targeting groups that most need it first.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I originally passed on what I have been told regarding taking NSAIDS. Thought more about this and decided to edit this and instead say that you may want to ask the vaccine administrator or your doctor what you should take for side effect relief. I have and was told to take Tylenol and not NSAIDS. This is just what I was told. Seek your own advice from a medical professional.

The thing with the pain relivers is SOMETIMES if you take them within 4 hours prior or after ANY vaccine it COULD make the vaccine less effective.
But after you have full blown side effects its already doing its job and if you have side effects that you cannot live with then its fine to treat the side effects.
Tylenol may be fine for as a fever reducer but its not going to stop severe pain.
I waited 14 hours before breaking down and taking anything.

Others should feel free to ask a medical professional before doing anything.

bdearl41

Good pre-print study that provides some encouraging evidence that even though the vaccines may not provide as strong an antibody response to the variants, they do appear to provide a strong T-Cell response no matter what variant it is.

I wish more people spoke about TCells. That’s more important than antibodies.

ToTBellHop

I myself can not get enough of a good old fashioned, in depth, T cell debate but not at the expense of any of the other cells that lack flash and style :)
It’s all marketing. More people understand antibodies than T cells.

Can’t hit the ignorant with too much science. Dude responded to my Governor’s post today with “our immune systems work better than vaccines.” I responded, “the vaccines work because we have immune systems, but for most of the 19 that died from Covid, the vaccine would have saved them.” He responded, “BS.”

Nice...I gave up.

bdearl41

New Jersey is opening up weeks and weeks of futile attempts to score a vaccine reservation.

I was in the 1a group, and it took a month to get an appointment thanks to NJ opening up to 65+ at the prior administration's panicked urging.

People are still waiting on getting a reservation without that new population being added.

NJ's and other state's "opening up reservations" is a feel-good stunt and not based on availability or the wisdom of targeting groups that most need it first.
I feel perhaps this is a your state problem. In NC literally I have friends decided I’ll get the vaccine today...and they do. Blaming any federal administration or supply chain seems misplaced honestly.

GaBoy

I feel perhaps this is a your state problem. In NC literally I have friends decided I’ll get the vaccine today...and they do. Blaming any federal administration or supply chain seems misplaced honestly.
Same in Georgia. Wide open. Maybe a little tougher right in Atlanta but an hour north and my parents got in right away 2 months ago. When it opened to 16+ statewide (i live in the Savannah area), wife and I went straight in.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well, since states are getting vaccine in proportion to their population, then perhaps NJ has a higher percentage of people willing to get vaccinated. NJ is 8th in the nation for percentage of population with at least one dose jabbed. NC is at 30th. GA at 40th.

The panicked call to go to 65+ did happen in the waning days of the prior administration because states were only administering 30-40% of their doses at the time and HHS didn't know why, because they weren't keeping track (to be fair, states didn't know why, either*). So they told states to jump to the 65+ crowd since they had a stockpile ready to send to the states. Problem was: there was no stockpile since it had all already shipped out. This created even more chaos. We had pages and pages of discussion here about that.

*It turned out to be a combination of: putting aside huge amounts of doses for Long Term Care Facilities and not distributing them in a timely manner; not enough jabbers and jabbing stations in the states; and most incriminating for the Feds -- everyone in the supply chain was holding back doses for the second shot unbeknownst to one another since there was no real oversight and coordination.

drizgirl

Well, since states are getting vaccine in proportion to their population, then perhaps NJ has a higher percentage of people willing to get vaccinated. NJ is 8th in the nation for percentage of population with at least one dose jabbed. NC is at 30th. GA at 40th.

The panicked call to go to 65+ did happen in the waning days of the prior administration because states were only administering 30-40% of their doses at the time and HHS didn't know why, because they weren't keeping track (to be fair, states didn't know why, either*). So they told states to jump to the 65+ crowd since they had a stockpile ready to send to the states. Problem was: there was no stockpile since it had all already shipped out. This created even more chaos. We had pages and pages of discussion here about that.

*It turned out to be a combination of: putting aside huge amounts of doses for Long Term Care Facilities and not distributing them in a timely manner; not enough jabbers and jabbing stations in the states; and most incriminating for the Feds -- everyone in the supply chain was holding back doses for the second shot unbeknownst to one another since there was no real oversight and coordination.
The current administration has been on a mission to undue everything the prior administration did. If this was their doing, I wonder why no reversal on this.

correcaminos

It’s all marketing. More people understand antibodies than T cells.

Can’t hit the ignorant with too much science. Dude responded to my Governor’s post today with “our immune systems work better than vaccines.” I responded, “the vaccines work because we have immune systems, but for most of the 19 that died from Covid, the vaccine would have saved them.” He responded, “BS.”

Nice...I gave up.
My kid's pediatrician office is very pro-vaccine as a whole. They constantly remind people because of these vaccines we don't see deaths let alone cases often from normal diseases. The same is true for covid. Studies show that the covid vaccine produces a better immune response than natural immunity (too lazy to link but I've seen it many times). I have a neighbor and friend who was convinced that they didn't need the vaccine because of natural immunity. They did get vaccinated later - likely family pressure - so people can change.

ImperfectPixie

We're dealing with the same thing here in MA. There are 5 sites within 10 miles of my house, but I can't get an appointment at all...there's zero availability due to extremely limited doses being distributed to them.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I am in NJ and my wife became eligible yesterday, she scheduled her appointment today, and has one on Thursday. Maybe it's different in other parts of the state.

Shouldigo12

I am in NJ and my wife became eligible yesterday, she scheduled her appointment today, and has one on Thursday. Maybe it's different in other parts of the state.
There's a ton of variance within the states. I've heard from other people in Ohio that appointments are still rare, but I just peeked at four sites near and there's over 50 appointments available for this week. Including seven available today. I wouldn't be surprised if states started shifting away from sending doses based on population and started focusing on the demand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom