Covid Vaccine Updates and General Discussion About Vaccines

Will you take a Covid vaccine once one is approved and deemed safe and effective by the FDA?

• Yes, stick me please

• No, I will wait

• No, I will never take one

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sans Souci

I am in NJ and my wife became eligible yesterday, she scheduled her appointment today, and has one on Thursday. Maybe it's different in other parts of the state.

I wonder that, too. My husband got his second dose nearly three weeks ago. When he got the email saying he was eligible, he was able to schedule an appointment two days later at one of the mega sites down here.

There is definitely a huge variance within the states. I live 90 miles north of NYC and have been having difficulty finding appointments in my area. No problem getting them further upstate though.

ToTBellHop

52% of parents say they will immediately get their children vaccinated once a vaccine becomes available. I think this is a wonderful starting point. The number will surely move up as their parents are the ones currently becoming eligible, so I would expect more to come over to team-vaxx once they survive their shots.

This is a much higher percentage than I expected. We will land with at least 70% of us vaccinated. When we add that to natural immunity among the remainder, herd immunity should be possible.

correcaminos

There's a ton of variance within the states. I've heard from other people in Ohio that appointments are still rare, but I just peeked at four sites near and there's over 50 appointments available for this week. Including seven available today. I wouldn't be surprised if states started shifting away from sending doses based on population and started focusing on the demand.
Ohio here too. Locally it's been a PITA and have spent hours at a time looking for someone, but if I go within an hour drive od CBus it magically all opens. So really hard in central Ohio. Easy in quite a few spots.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
The current administration is on target to actually get everyone vaccinateed MONTHS prior to the prior administration's timeline.
Do you mean this part?

Or this part? The first one didn't age very well.

ToTBellHop

Do you mean this part?

Or this part? The first one didn't age very well.

45 said this before any vaccine results were available, not enough vaccines had been purchased from the ones we will end up using to achieve this, and there was no game plan for manufacture or administration of vaccine at the required level. He was talking out his you-know-what and happened to guess a correct month. I could pull up other deadlines he made up but would rather avoid that rabbit hole. I give him credit for accelerating vaccine development and that’s about it. He threw money at a problem to our benefit.

45 said this before any vaccine results were available, not enough vaccines had been purchased from the ones we will end up using to achieve this, and there was no game plan for manufacture or administration of vaccine at the required level. He was talking out his you-know-what and happened to guess a correct month. I could pull up other deadlines he made up but would rather avoid that rabbit hole. I give him credit for accelerating vaccine development and that’s about it. He threw money at a problem to our benefit.

So in other words he was still right.

ToTBellHop

I don't recall him throwing out 100 guesses, he was right. You can use your mental gymnastics to try not to admit it but in the end he was right.
I remember a lot of blathering about moving timelines when the virus would disappear magically and promises about things that would happen by Election Day. You have selective hearing/reading of tweets, it would seem. I am continually astonished by his supporters’ obsession with proving that the man was always correct. It’s bizarre. No one is always correct. I even complimented him on OWS but it is never enough for his supporters unless you say, “everything he ever did was perfect.”

Probably because he believes that.

Last edited:

havoc315

“We will deliver 100 million doses of a safe vaccine before the end of the year, and maybe quite a bit sooner than that,” Trump said at a rally Oct. 26.

Sans Souci

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom